-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 40 of 55 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 54 55
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why? What purpose does it serve for you to see the pictures? If it were your kin on that thing, would you want millions of bozos gawking at where they died?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
No burning occurred. Water is extremely resistant to temperature changes. That's why they invented water-cooled engines. 31*F water from an entire ocean at 12,500 ft of depth at 6,000 psi imploding a tiny craft and the little bodies therein would not increase temperatures much, if any, above, 31* in the nano seconds that took.

That may be the most insane statement I ever read here. "Extremely resistant to temperature change" what a friggin hoot. And thats's not why they invented water cooled engines. Wow

The specific heat of a substance is the amount of heat needed to raise or lower 1g of the substance by 1-deg C.

Water has, I think, the highest specific heat of any substance you’ll commonly encounter.

Here’s a chart: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/specific-heat-capacity-d_391.html

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
I've been thinking about the 2200psi oxygen tank example someone mentioned earlier.

yea, I'm never going on a sub
yet the odds of on the sub.... vs we get in vehicles and drive every day.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by BFaucett

'There is no excuse for what happened here': James Cameron on sub tragedy
video posted to YouTube on June 22, 2023

"There's No Bodies To Recover, The Implosion Is So Rapid"
video posted to YouTube on June 22, 2023

Rocky: at 3:16 in the second video the expert says that one of the rescue ships "has a hyperbolic decompression chamber." He says that ship is no longer needed.

I never heard of that before, but I think the whole world needs a hyperbolic decompression chamber right about now.

He said "hyperbolic" but he meant "hyperbaric." Get it?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least it wasn't "hypergolic."

That's for those of you who say spelling doesn't matter.

IC B2

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Big_D
Pictures or it didnt happen, where is the evidence? If they have visual confirmation of the destruction of the device, there are pictures or video that should be made public!

There are no pictures of the most ignorant thing on the planet being conceived.

Yet you are here 🤔

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Dad's up, hasn't had breakfast yet.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM
No burning occurred. Water is extremely resistant to temperature changes. That's why they invented water-cooled engines. 31*F water from an entire ocean at 12,500 ft of depth at 6,000 psi imploding a tiny craft and the little bodies therein would not increase temperatures much, if any, above, 31* in the nano seconds that took.

That may be the most insane statement I ever read here. "Extremely resistant to temperature change" what a friggin hoot. And thats's not why they invented water cooled engines. Wow

The specific heat of a substance is the amount of heat needed to raise or lower 1g of the substance by 1-deg C.

Water has, I think, the highest specific heat of any substance you’ll commonly encounter.

Here’s a chart: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/specific-heat-capacity-d_391.html

Apples and oranges Prof. Wizard. Specific heat capacity and thermodynamic heat transfer are two different animals. No points for you , but we do have some nice parting gifts. Tell him what he's won Johnny.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If they did post photos, there are at least five of you clowns who'd instantly post "CGI! Photoshop! It's all a conspiracy!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I did learn one thing after participating in this thread.

The only submarine I will ever get into is the HMS Anson, and that will only be if I get to live in the Captain's quarters, during my voyage to the bottom of the sea. cool

HMS Anson

Last edited by KillerBee; 06/23/23.

KB

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM

Apples and oranges Prof. Wizard. Specific heat capacity and thermodynamic heat transfer are two different animals. No points for you , but we do have some nice parting gifts. Tell him what he's won Johnny.

You’re just wrong.

I said that: “Water is extremely resistant to temperature changes.”

“The specific heat capacity is a quantity that describes a substance's RESISTANCE TO A CHANGE IN TEMPERATURE WHEN IT EXCHANGES HEAT WITH ITS SURROUNDING.” https://homework.study.com/explanation/how-does-the-change-in-temperature-relate-to-an-object-s-mass-and-its-specific-heat-respectively-for-a-given-input-of-heat-a-inversely-directly-b-directly-directly-c-directly-inversely-d-depends-on-the-object-e-inversely-inversely.html#:~:text=Specific%20Heat%20Capacity%3A,its%20nature%20and%20physical%20state.

Water has a very high specific heat and, thus, it is resistant to temperature change. What I said was and is 100% correct.

“We would say that water has a high heat capacity (the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of an object by 1oC ). Water is very resistant to changes in temperature, while metals in general are not.”
https://chem.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Introductory_Chemistry/Introductory_Chemistry/03%3A_Matter_and_Energy/3.11%3A_Temperature_Changes_-_Heat_Capacity

“[T]he specific heat of water is five times that of glass and ten times that of iron, which means that it takes five times as much heat to raise the temperature of water the same amount as for glass and ten times as much heat to raise the temperature of water as for iron. In fact, water has one of the largest specific heats of any material, which is important for sustaining life on Earth.”
https://pressbooks-dev.oer.hawaii.e...-2-temperature-change-and-heat-capacity/

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
There may be detectable shreds found if the search continues but highly doubt anyone will be made aware of the findings.

There is talk of reconstructing the cracker box after parts are recovered to the surface.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Its so funny how many people here blindly trust the govt/authorities.

Govt says, "it imploded, we have evidence of a loud sound", but provides no evidence... Sheep say OK, it imploded...

Govt says, "we found a debris field, we have visual evidence", but provides no evidence... Sheep say OK, mystery solved...

For all anyone here knows, they might have lost power and slowly suffocated at the bottom of the ocean, but the govt wants people to think it was a merciful/quick ending so they are lying to everyone...

Ive seen 'experts' say, that with a carbon fiber hull, if it failed, it would have failed spectacularly, like it would be in a million pieces, but now I saw that they are bringing equipment in to recover the hull... Dont trust anything the govt/msm tells you, everyone should be smart enough to realize this by now...

Govt said the Challenger explosion was sudden and the end was quick, for a LONG TIME... But they knew the whole time the astronauts burned to death and suffered horribly before the explosion, BUT THEY DIDNT MAKE THIS PUBLIC!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KenMi
There is talk of reconstructing the cracker box after parts are recovered to the surface.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Big_D
Its so funny how many people here blindly trust the govt/authorities.

Govt says, "it imploded, we have evidence of a loud sound", but provides no evidence... Sheep say OK, it imploded...

Govt says, "we found a debris field, we have visual evidence", but provides no evidence... Sheep say OK, mystery solved...

For all anyone here knows, they might have lost power and slowly suffocated at the bottom of the ocean, but the govt wants people to think it was a merciful/quick ending so they are lying to everyone...

Ive seen 'experts' say, that with a carbon fiber hull, if it failed, it would have failed spectacularly, like it would be in a million pieces, but now I saw that they are bringing equipment in to recover the hull... Dont trust anything the govt/msm tells you, everyone should be smart enough to realize this by now...

Govt said the Challenger explosion was sudden and the end was quick, for a LONG TIME... But they knew the whole time the astronauts burned to death and suffered horribly before the explosion, BUT THEY DIDNT MAKE THIS PUBLIC!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
John Denver's experimental airplane, taught me to never get in something labeled experimental.
This experimental submarine ,reinforces that belief

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Government tried a lot harder on this than they did Benghazi.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM

You’re just wrong.

I said that: “Water is extremely resistant to temperature changes.”

“The specific heat capacity is a quantity that describes a substance's RESISTANCE TO A CHANGE IN TEMPERATURE WHEN IT EXCHANGES HEAT WITH ITS SURROUNDING.” https://homework.study.com/explanation/how-does-the-change-in-temperature-relate-to-an-object-s-mass-and-its-specific-heat-respectively-for-a-given-input-of-heat-a-inversely-directly-b-directly-directly-c-directly-inversely-d-depends-on-the-object-e-inversely-inversely.html#:~:text=Specific%20Heat%20Capacity%3A,its%20nature%20and%20physical%20state.

Water has a very high specific heat and, thus, it is resistant to temperature change. What I said was and is 100% correct.

“We would say that water has a high heat capacity (the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of an object by 1oC ). Water is very resistant to changes in temperature, while metals in general are not.”
https://chem.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Introductory_Chemistry/Introductory_Chemistry/03%3A_Matter_and_Energy/3.11%3A_Temperature_Changes_-_Heat_Capacity

“[T]he specific heat of water is five times that of glass and ten times that of iron, which means that it takes five times as much heat to raise the temperature of water the same amount as for glass and ten times as much heat to raise the temperature of water as for iron. In fact, water has one of the largest specific heats of any material, which is important for sustaining life on Earth.”
https://pressbooks-dev.oer.hawaii.e...-2-temperature-change-and-heat-capacity/

Water is not resistant to heat moron. It accepts it readily
. You are so wrong you are blinded by how wrong you are. No amount of cut n paste verbiage will help you.

Put on your Big Boy pants and accept you are wrong

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apply the razor bud. To your thought not your skull

Page 40 of 55 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 54 55

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,546
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.