Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I thought I had gotten away from impulse gun purchases but......

Yesterday morning I went to pick up my S&W Model 28 'Highway Patrolman" from my local gunsmith who had done an action job on it for me. While I was there drinking coffee and shooting the bull, he was tempting me with a few wares in his shop.

The S&W Scandium frame Commander length 45 ACP was tempting, the SIG P220 Legion 10 mm was nice but a little rich for my blood. Then he handed me a SIG P365 Macro, the porting didn't do it for me, really liked the ergonomics, trigger was pretty decent. He asked what I thought, I told him that I didn't care for the ported slide and it didn't have a manual safety like my P365 XL. He put it back in the display case and said that he could offer a very good price; I told him that I'd pass.

On the way home I stopped in at the local gun & pawn and they had a P365 Macro with the non-ported slide and manual safety, after handling it and some quick discussion, it went out the door with me. I don't think I was in there for 10 minutes.

I order some extra magazines from Joe Bob Outfitters this morning and hope to be able to get out and break it in this afternoon.

If this works as I hope it does, my Glock 17 & 19 may be going down the road.

We shall see.

Happy Sunday.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats on your new pistol! I have the XL and really like it. After a few range sessions with the XL I gave away my G19. The P365 series are excellent pistols.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have the XL also and just bought a Xmacro grip frame, (2) 17 round mags and funneled mag well. Essentially an unported Xmacro Tac Ops.

I think the Xmacro is the best P365 variant yet...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder if Wilson makes these/will make these grip modules for the 365Macro? https://shopwilsoncombat.com/WCP365-Modules/products/1471/

The reviews on Brownells are sterling.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by StarchedCover
I thought I had gotten away from impulse gun purchases but......

Yesterday morning I went to pick up my S&W Model 28 'Highway Patrolman" from my local gunsmith who had done an action job on it for me. While I was there drinking coffee and shooting the bull, he was tempting me with a few wares in his shop.

The S&W Scandium frame Commander length 45 ACP was tempting, the SIG P220 Legion 10 mm was nice but a little rich for my blood. Then he handed me a SIG P365 Macro, the porting didn't do it for me, really liked the ergonomics, trigger was pretty decent. He asked what I thought, I told him that I didn't care for the ported slide and it didn't have a manual safety like my P365 XL. He put it back in the display case and said that he could offer a very good price; I told him that I'd pass.

On the way home I stopped in at the local gun & pawn and they had a P365 Macro with the non-ported slide and manual safety, after handling it and some quick discussion, it went out the door with me. I don't think I was in there for 10 minutes.

I order some extra magazines from Joe Bob Outfitters this morning and hope to be able to get out and break it in this afternoon.

If this works as I hope it does, my Glock 17 & 19 may be going down the road.

We shall see.

Happy Sunday.

StarchedCover

Why do you feel you need to sell your G17 or G19? Both are very good guns.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
local dirt,

No issues with Glocks, have used them since the late 80's (Gen1 G17) and have several; they are fine pistols. I am a SIG and 1911 fan, just haven't developed the love for Glocks.

Should the SIG P365 Macro work out like the P365XL has I would possibly move my Gen5 G17 and G19 just to thin the herd a bit.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
local dirt,

No issues with Glocks, have used them since the late 80's (Gen1 G17) and have several; they are fine pistols. I am a SIG and 1911 fan, just haven't developed the love for Glocks.

Should the SIG P365 Macro work out like the P365XL has I would possibly move my Gen5 G17 and G19 just to thin the herd a bit.

StarchedCover

I understand you liking your Sigs. I carry a 365XL out in the world every day.

But I would not be able to sell off my G17's and G19's. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Sig 365 with or without safety?

My XL is without and I like it, not crazy about 365 safety ergonomics. Opinions?

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

My XL is without and I like it, not crazy about 365 safety ergonomics. Opinions?

DF

Mine does not have the safety, Dirtfarmer.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by local_dirt

DF

Sorta awkward, IMO. Not 1911 slick.

One can retrofit with a new grip or cut a slot in the non-safety one.

Any of you 365 fans tried the aftermarket Wilson grip frame? They look pretty nice, just never handled one.

DF

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have the Wilson grip for my XL - worthwhile upgrade from factory. I just swapped it out the other day with the Xmacro grip but haven't shot it yet to be able to compare.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

DF

Sorta awkward, IMO. Not 1911 slick.

One can retrofit with a new grip or cut a slot in the non-safety one.

Any of you 365 fans tried the aftermarket Wilson grip frame? They look pretty nice, just never handled one.

DF

DF, I purposely bought mine without the safety. I didn't want it.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I've been eyeballing the 365's since their debut. They took a little while to work out the bugs and get them right though. I ended up buying what I thought was the best pistol for my needs, a few months ago. It was used but in new condition. An XL with a red dot, came with 3 mags. A 15, and 2 12's. Also equipped with a hogue rubber grip, which I really like. Fits my big hands pretty well. With this being said, I've been loving on my new CZ P01 too much lately to shoot the new to me XL. Paid $600 out the door, so it seemed like a good deal at the time. I'm pretty happy with it. It shoots great, probably better than I thought it would. Didn't want one with a comp on it and for damn sure did not want the regular 365 or 365X. The right one came along at the right price and I snagged it. YMMV..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Recently bought the micro, it came with 12 round mags and the fillers on them.
Carry it in a holster that also fits an XL.

So my carry package is XL sized.
My sight radius and muzzle weight isn't.
My hand interferes with the mags.

Classic case of finding out that what I thought I wanted wasn't what
I needed.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have the 365XL which is my regular carry pistol. It came with the red dot sight and three mags. It was the NRA version finished in some tan color, which I liked. I find it comfortable to carry and to shoot. It replaced a number of other pistols which I used at various times, largely because the red dot allows me to shoot a pistol reasonably accurately with 70 year old eyes.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Remington40x
I have the 365XL which is my regular carry pistol. It came with the red dot sight and three mags. It was the NRA version finished in some tan color, which I liked. I find it comfortable to carry and to shoot. It replaced a number of other pistols which I used at various times, largely because the red dot allows me to shoot a pistol reasonably accurately with 70 year old eyes.
Excellent choice. I was eyeballing the NRA edition before I bought my XL with red dot. I was just out shooting it and am still impressed with how well these pistols handle and shoot. My buddy has the ported version, so I’ll eventually end up trying it. Seems like it would just blast unwanted debris up into the shooters face and on the lens of the red dot. Don’t really need recoil reduction on a 9mm.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Not all impulse buys are smart but this one certainly was.

Congrats.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have been carrying this 365XL for a while now. I put the Wilson grip module on it and I like it. Mine has the safety and it is small and takes some getting used too. The more I carry and shoot it the more I like it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I had a P365 and a guy traded a P239 for it, I like the P239 better. I also had a Glock 43X but didn't care for the articulated trigger, I gave it to my daughter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought I had gotten away from impulse gun purchases but...StarchedCover

Was at my local dealer's yesterday, didn't buy anything but... really really tempted, think I better leave the credit card at the house when I go there. But then I'd just have to drive home and get it!

Temptations...

1.) Sig P365 Macro without the ports [My carry gun is a P365X]

2.) SA Hellcat Pro [Had a Hellcat, gave my daughter choice of my pistols and she jumped at the Hellcat, so I reluctantly let it go]

3.) S&W M&P 2.0 Metal (aluminum grip frame) [Had a couple of M&P's, this one feels like it eclipses those]

Guess it won't be an 'impulse buy' now, but all three are on my short list.

Originally Posted by SS336
I put the Wilson grip module on it and I like it.

I've got the Wilson Grip on mine also, definitely an improvement over the factory grip IMO. I'll replace those as soon as Wilson makes them w/ a picatinny rail instead of the insipid Sig rail.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,085
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.