These are built in Canada......

free shipping

https://www.biktrix.com/products/hub-duo-step-over?variant=37974431891647

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really like e bikes. That one looks like a hub mount motor. I prefer a mid mount motor. I didn’t see the name brand of the motor. I don’t like non name brands. Shimano, Yamaha and Bosch are where I’d look.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I really like e bikes. That one looks like a hub mount motor. I prefer a mid mount motor. I didn’t see the name brand of the motor. I don’t like non name brands. Shimano, Yamaha and Bosch are where I’d look.

Thought you may have ideas......

Top buck I wanna spend is $2500 shipped

I'll look at brick & mortar stores

But you may know I'm in BFE.........2 hrs from bike shops

Shipping is usually included

Need to get out there & ride

Have plenty of turf.....

As in pic.........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Got to decide if you want an electric assisted bicycle or basically an electric motorcycle. I prefer the assisted only. It doesn't have a throttle. It just assists you, so you feel like an elite athlete. The assisted are much lighter and can be ridden without the assistance. Look at all the major brand electric mountain bikes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bafang has a good reputation and I think Quietkat uses them. I'd also get a mid-drive.

These are more reasonably priced than QuietKat.

https://ride.m2sbikes.com/collections/all-terrain-ultra-series

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Bafang has a good reputation and I think Quietkat uses them. I'd also get a mid-drive.

These are more reasonably priced than QuietKat.

https://ride.m2sbikes.com/collections/all-terrain-ultra-series

THX..............

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Would a belt Drive be preferred over a chain drive?

Rolly
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Here is another source. Just have to do your homework on what you are buying, and you have to do basic assembly.

https://www.bikesdirect.com/products/ebikes-electric-bikes-at-near-wholesale.html

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by RHClark
Got to decide if you want an electric assisted bicycle or basically an electric motorcycle. I prefer the assisted only. It doesn't have a throttle. It just assists you, so you feel like an elite athlete. The assisted are much lighter and can be ridden without the assistance. Look at all the major brand electric mountain bikes.

Thx

Not new to Mtn bikes

Pic.......much younger ole fart then...me on the left

This trail was 31 miles...combo FR & s/track/horse trails...at 9K'

What a stud then.......30+ yrs ago

Still have that Trek 8000 bike

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Or others.........

$2K to get a decent one

Gotta have the fat saddle........

Hyd brakes......Fat tires

These are built in Canada......

free shipping

https://www.biktrix.com/products/hub-duo-step-over?variant=37974431891647
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here is another source. Just have to do your homework on what you are buying, and you have to do basic assembly.

https://www.bikesdirect.com/products/ebikes-electric-bikes-at-near-wholesale.html

Thx again

I'll be lookin over the links provided

High desert is warming up....damm no see 'ems

Have to resort to higher elevations

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Thx

Not new to Mtn bikes

The best thing about the assisted bikes is that they make you feel like you did 30 years ago. They are great for an older person who wants to ride with a younger group or just for an older cyclist that still wants to get a workout. Otherwise you might as well get a gas powered trail bike like the Honda trail 100. It would be cheaper, have more range and probably last longer than an E bike that weighs nearly as much.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Thx

Not new to Mtn bikes

The best thing about the assisted bikes is that they make you feel like you did 30 years ago. They are great for an older person who wants to ride with a younger group or just for an older cyclist that still wants to get a workout. Otherwise you might as well get a gas powered trail bike like the Honda trail 100. It would be cheaper, have more range and probably last longer than an E bike that weighs nearly as much.

Rode many years to with my XR250 here

My wife would say.........WTF ?

While she was riding her Mtn bike.............(:

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's with the stretch pants? I rode hundreds maybe thousands of miles until I was 15 and just wore blue jeans.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
What's with the stretch pants? I rode hundreds maybe thousands of miles until I was 15 and just wore blue jeans.

yea but

You didn't know Paul B or tikkanut

Come on man

It's Lycra............

Chics luv it

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If you've got an extra mountain bike buy a bafang kit and turn it into an ebike...
I converted my 20+ year old mongoose mountain bike into an ebike last year with the bafang kit. I use it to get in my cardio and also to run my GSP. We put almost 600 miles on it last year, will be breaking 800 miles this week. The kit cost $700, I had to buy a shifter sensor and new brake levers additionaly to the kit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There are several advantages. The pad is the biggest advantage to me. I couldn't make it 20 miles without the padding. The stitching in the padding is located where it doesn't create a chafe point on moving surfaces. On a long ride, it's nice to be able to make very small shifts in seating position regularly. With Lycra, you slide and nothing bunches up.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

There are several advantages. The pad is the biggest advantage to me. I couldn't make it 20 miles without the padding. The stitching in the padding is located where it doesn't create a chafe point on moving surfaces. On a long ride, it's nice to be able to make very small shifts in seating position regularly. With Lycra, you slide and nothing bunches up.

I'm buying the extra big saddle for the twins...........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Like this.........following........

[Linked Image from girlsinyogapants.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the $2500 price point, you are mostly relegated to a second tier motor. Bafang has a pretty good reputation. Look at the advertised range, and expect that number to be optimistic.

Are you going to be riding really rough terrain? If not, you don't need a fat tire bike. You can do well with tires in the 2.2-2.4 range. Pay attention to the suspension fork and rims. Those are place where companies will cheap out on you. Brakes too. When I built my bikes, I built them with mechanical disc brakes. So much easier than Hydraulics and cheap hydraulics are a major PITA.

RHClark mentioned Bikes Direct earlier. They are a solid online dealer who will provide service after the sale if something goes wrong. They also run Bike Island. Bike Island gets their scratch and dents and returns. Their website is difficult to surf, but some bargains can be had there.

When it comes to wattage, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Anything from 250 on up will give you all of the assist you need.

This one takes tires up to 2.2. It has a great fork, good rims, good components like Shimano brakes and a Shimano motor with 100+ mile range. It has a mid mount motor, isn't a pig and has 29" wheels to roll over irregularities more smoothly. Add a comfy seat and a suspension seatpost and you are well under budget.

https://www.bikesdirect.com/product...electric-bikes-elite-eadventure-team.htm

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (10gaugemag, 338reddog, BABore, AdamT204, 9 invisible), 1,651 guests, and 665 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,956
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.