Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I own a Winnebago travel trailer. The stove/oven insert is a piece of crap. Every time I pull the trailer I have to repair something on the stove/oven. Screws are always falling out and things just falling apart. I'm going to replace the stove/oven. Please recommend which manufacturer or model to buy.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Solo cup of gas and a match

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey KC, its been awhile good to see ya.

In recent years I've been buying the RecPro brands either through Amazon or direct from RecPro.

With the ovens it's all about size and not having to do a lot of alterations to make them fit.
RecPro seems to be a direct change out with the older standard Wedgewood ovens that is commonly found in RVs.

They are probably just Wedgewood products with the RecPro badge anyway.

Shopping price between Amazon and RecPro direct is all about Amazon's 'free shipping' and what RecPro might be charging for shipping.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com][Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Amazon Link

A big game changer for me was when I tossed out the microwave that set above the rangehood and changed it out with a micro/convection oven with grill mode in a RV I use a lot.

This gave me a double oven, one gas, one electric so I became failsafe if I were to run out of propane or just needed more oven space than these dinky little RV ovens offer.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Amazon Link

Buy direct from RecPro

Good luck and happy travels!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hate to tell you this, but damn near everything in the rv infustry is junk. It all has problems.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just discovered something, I think. I only have one example, but if your state charges sales tax on things bought on E-bay and other places, Which Arkansas does, it seems that they might not charge on the shipping. So if the price is near the same after adding shipping and getting free shipping, paying the shipping seperate might save some money. I am still befuddled on how they can charge sales tax on something that you buy in another State, but they do. Seems to me like if it is charged at all, the state where the item was sold, should get the money. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by milespatton
I just discovered something, I think. I only have one example, but if your state charges sales tax on things bought on E-bay and other places, Which Arkansas does, it seems that they might not charge on the shipping. So if the price is near the same after adding shipping and getting free shipping, paying the shipping seperate might save some money. I am still befuddled on how they can charge sales tax on something that you buy in another State, but they do. Seems to me like if it is charged at all, the state where the item was sold, should get the money. miles

Online shopping is fickle, ya really gotta pay attention or you'll end up paying too much.

I default to Amazon for a simplified search and most every conceivable distributor is represented there in one form or another.

I also get 6% cash back on many items through my Amazon Prime Visa.

Amazon shipping is anything but 'free', it's obvious in the pricing at the links I posted above.

The taxes are another thing.

If a business is not in your state you should not be charged state sales tax.
As Amazon added shipping and warehouse facilities across the country it makes for them doing business in the states they build them in and they have to add states sales tax for 'in state' purchases in those states.

It wasn't so long ago the tax thing became controversial and Amazon had to start adding state taxes.

I took heavy advantage of it prior, Florida has a 6% sales tax.

I was also in favor of them making Amazon do this because of the unfair advantage it offered Amazon over local brick and mortar stores that struggle to stay alive and have to charge the tax.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Check out Furrion too. Their newest models seem to be pretty decent.. But that RecPro mentioned above is one I've never heard of, but looks to be very good.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Check out Furrion too. Their newest models seem to be pretty decent.. But that RecPro mentioned above is one I've never heard of, but looks to be very good.
Neither are good. Furrion stuff is garbage. Like I said, its all crap. We answer this question all the time at the dealership. People are disgusted with a specific product and want to change to something else. We do it and they eventually are pissed about that too lol. This industry is riddled with issues and its getting worse. Especially with Lippert owning almost everything

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"RV" appliances are usually the very cheap, lightweight stuff, which is not built for day-in day-out use. If you want quality buy the better marine grade, such as Force 10, or high end commercial equipment, like Viking.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 15 invisible), 1,411 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.