Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When it is time for me to renew my TX license in Aug it will take me less than 3 minutes and I will have 5 deer tags, 4 turkey tags, freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing, upland game, waterfowl, small game and predators. All for less than $70.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Hunt...
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Typical yankee red tape self licking ice cream cone bureaucrats trying to justify their existence... Don't need any of that down here..

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

Here in SC they just automatically send you a “starter set” of 3 buck tags and 2 doe tags if you had a license last year. Use them all up and you can get more online or over the counter at DNR locations.

Mathew 22: 37-39

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by MAC
When it is time for me to renew my TX license in Aug it will take me less than 3 minutes and I will have 5 deer tags, 4 turkey tags, freshwater fishing, saltwater fishing, upland game, waterfowl, small game and predators. All for less than $70.

In SC, once you’re 64, you get all that (with the exception of turkey, now) for life for a one time payment of $9.00.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was on the website half an hour earlier when it started the 30 minutes count down, at 8AM is told me I was number 1,100. Took 23 minutes after that before it was my turn, was completed at 8:28 AM....

Ted
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Are they going to sellout of licenses and tags?

Is there a danger of not getting any?

Maybe next year not every hunter in PA tries to log in at 0800??

Some WMAs will sell out, but not what I'd even call "most"

We waited 1.5 hours to get ours at the hardware store...needed birdseed and chicken scratch anyway. Still seemed awful silly, to me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Before this, I could walk into a GS and have all my tags in 15 minutes max.

Get a free Doe tag if I want one, because of land ownership.

They again failed the 6 P’s. “PPPPPP

There may be more than a few who say: “I don’t need no stinking license.”

laissez les bons temps rouler
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gitem_12
ben on since 7:57 am, there are still 41, 566 people ahead of me go back to the pink envelopes

It wouldn’t allow you on the queue till 8:am so your clock must be slow. I tried to log in at 15 seconds after 8:am, my queue was 15,698. I was able to access the site at 2:06 pm.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pat85
ben on since 7:57 am, there are still 41, 566 people ahead of me go back to the pink envelopes

It wouldn’t allow you on the queue till 8:am so your clock must be slow. I tried to log in at 15 seconds after 8:am, my queue was 15,698. I was able to access the site at 2:06 pm.
Actually, the system would give you a number and queue you up before 8:00. I went in at 7:00am and immediately got a number around 12,500. My daughter went in around 8:00 and got a number above 30,000. My brother went in around 9:00 and got a number well up into the 70's. I finally got my license around 1:30. I don't know what time Old WIllys went in, but it had to be substantially before 7:00am.

The executive director put out a video message this afternoon, but it didn't help. When someone "apologizes" with a $*#%-eating grin on his face and a great big happy thank you for participating in the activity, it's not an apology, but a slap in the face.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Then they misread their customer base. When Doe tags were first issued decades ago at the County Courthouse, hunters would be lined up around the block more than once. Doe tags have always been a “thang” in Pa. Makes no difference if they never sell out, many wanted to get them as soon as they became available.

They are going to fall back on we didn’t think that many would sign on. When all they had to do was look at first day license sales under the old system. For many in Pa, buying your license the first day you are required to have one for the year is a tradition.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bpas105
Originally Posted by Pat85

Actually, the system would give you a number and queue you up before 8:00. I went in at 7:00am and immediately got a number around 12,500. My daughter went in around 8:00 and got a number above 30,000. My brother went in around 9:00 and got a number well up into the 70's. I finally got my license around 1:30. I don't know what time Old WIllys went in, but it had to be substantially before 7:00am.

The executive director put out a video message this afternoon, but it didn't help. When someone "apologizes" with a $*#%-eating grin on his face and a great big happy thank you for participating in the activity, it's not an apology, but a slap in the face.

My bad. When I tried to log on before 8 the site said sales start at 8 so I just waited till 8. They should have allowed the sales of the general licenses a week before the anterless to avoid this pileup.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Typical yankee red tape self licking ice cream cone bureaucrats trying to justify their existence... Don't need any of that down here..

No doubt, Florida is a world class hunting destination:

Florida by the numbers

- Percent of residents with paid hunting licenses: 0.9%
- Total paid hunting license holders: 189,706

We have more than that in a single county. Two at the most. 😂

Last edited by battue; 06/26/23.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Glad I gave up doe hunting about 20 years ago!!!!!!!!!!! PGC is nothing but a joke. Everything they do is for money, couldn't care less about the deer herd!

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Glad I gave up doe hunting about 20 years ago!!!!!!!!!!! PGC is nothing but a joke. Everything they do is for money, couldn't care less about the deer herd!

Absolutely.

What a [bleep].
PGC doesn't GAFF about hunters.

And it's not 1989 anymore, we used to drive to the Post Office and drop our apps
on Sunday night. The boxes would get full, postal employees would actually be
there every hour or so to empty them. Our county would be sold out Tuesday afternoon, getting them in was critical. But that was when they managed deer for hunting opportunities. Not antlers/forestry/financial interests.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Was nice to have an "in" at the PO. Your app went into the first bag.

Last edited by battue; 06/26/23.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I got my license at 4:00pm...8 hours after I logged on at 8:01. I was #28,285 or something like that.

I think things would have gone better if they told everyone that they'd issue a number like the deli counter and not market it like it was just going to be a quick and easy process to buy online.

At around 9:00 and nothing moving, I told my cousin that he might want to go to Walmart. He waited about 3 hours in line and got his.

We go for 2g, which usually sells out in a couple days.

Aqualung

"Bambi's Good Eatin'!"
- Me

"...Somewhere, there are Brownings in a two-hand hold,
Cocked and locked, one up the spout..."
- Jethro Tull
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sako76
Originally Posted by bugs4
This is Pennsylvania state government at work. . . . . Is anyone really surprised ? ?

I bet the State hired a private contractor to install this system!

Yeah Dominion Voting Systems Corporation

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got on tonight after work…Boom, right in, and 3 minutes later I was done!

Glad I waited to avoid the 💩🎫!

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue

Then they misread their customer base. When Doe tags were first issued decades ago at the County Courthouse, hunters would be lined up around the block more than once. Doe tags have always been a “thang” in Pa. Makes no difference if they never sell out, many wanted to get them as soon as they became available.

They are going to fall back on we didn’t think that many would sign on. When all they had to do was look at first day license sales under the old system. For many in Pa, buying your license the first day you are required to have one for the year is a tradition.
Well I don't remember the lines but I do remember a lot of folks being excited to go get their tags, even though only about half the tags sold in that county.

Hunters can be weird, that's for sure.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I think lumping the first round of antlerless with the first day of general sales wasn't a good idea.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (arky65, Aviator, afisher, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 751 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.