Print Thread
Hop To
A
auk1124 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
National Geographic seems to maybe be fizzling out. They just fired their staff writers and I assume will publish articles from freelancers from now on.

If it is a sign they are about to go, then good riddance. They've been publishing the exact same global warming articles and assorted commie claptrap over and over, for the last 30 years.

Go woke, go broke? I dunno if it is that or just the decline of print media in general, but either way, fugg em. They haven't been worth reading for decades.

https://outsider.com/outdoors/news-outdoors/national-geographic-laying-off-all-staff-writers/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They used to put out very interesting articles. Now nothing is more than a 20 second read. Short attention spans now, I guess.

1Minute
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My theory:
When they stopped publishing photos of the topless natives they lost the teenage boy readers. All those teenagers are now grown up and never got in the habit of reading Nat Geo

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Several years ago we canceled our subscription because it seemed as if every article had work in some angle of global warming/climate change. An article could be about Saturn’s icy moon, Enceladus, but there would some reference to global warming on Earth. It got old. 😡

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They shot themselves in the foot

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to enjoy visiting my school teacher uncle that had a subscription to NG. Those African titties sure got this kid's attention.

Years later I got a free 1 year subscription to the modern leftwing National Geographic. After a few issues I wouldn't even crack a page. Straight in the garbage with your leftist drivel.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe 30 years ago, I bought an NG topo map program from the called Topo!, long since obsolete. It's a collection of all the USGS topo maps for a state put into a program for using them on a computer. I'm still using it a lot but the maps can't updated any more. Luckily, 99% of the time I use it for mountains and desert where updates are rare.
It's made for a 32 bit computer. My current one is 64 bit. It took me a while to discover that it'll work fine if I leave the main CD in the drive while I'm running it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a subscription starting when it was the kids version, later upgraded to the adult version by my grand parents and then I paid for the subscription, after 40+ years I got tired of hearing global warming in everything they published and didn't renew. Now when I find an old copy while going through things, I just toss it. Tossed the Scientific Americans a long time ago also. I'm not paying for propaganda.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Used to subscribe, but 25 or so years ago they “went hard left” so I dropped them.

NRA Patron
A
auk1124 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Szumi
I had a subscription starting when it was the kids version, later upgraded to the adult version by my grand parents and then I paid for the subscription, after 40+ years I got tired of hearing global warming in everything they published and didn't renew. Now when I find an old copy while going through things, I just toss it. Tossed the Scientific Americans a long time ago also. I'm not paying for propaganda.

For a year or two about 15 years ago, I subscribed to Smithsonian magazine because it was kinda like National Geographic but the granola politics were dialed down a little bit. But then they started publishing social justice articles, so that subscription sailed too.

I'm not paying for retard hippy political screeching either, if I can help it.

IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Fugk them

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Now who’s the polar bear looking for salvation on an ice floe?

The way life should be.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by auk1124
National Geographic seems to maybe be fizzling out. They just fired their staff writers and I assume will publish articles from freelancers from now on.

If it is a sign they are about to go, then good riddance. They've been publishing the exact same global warming articles and assorted commie claptrap over and over, for the last 30 years.

Go woke, go broke? I dunno if it is that or just the decline of print media in general, but either way, fugg em. They haven't been worth reading for decades.

https://outsider.com/outdoors/news-outdoors/national-geographic-laying-off-all-staff-writers/

Didn't they sound the alarm on the new ice age in the 70's.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
A grouchy old uncle had a garage full of them. We used to sneak in and look at the simi-naked photos of women that adorned the pages when I was a kid. After a while it gets pretty boring. The articles ended up being straight running leftist.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad they're not prospering. I loved National Geographic as a kid, real sense of betrayal when I finally realized they'd gone full-blown eco-Marxist by the mid 1990s. A M Fs.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Owned by Disney, which explains a bunch. Shameful example of business acumen being superceded by social agendas.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They can only publish so many articles about "global Warming" . I'll bet everything they write about will always have a tie in with "climate Change". Monkeys being eaten by leopards......Climate change........disease in the Congo.....Climate change......People living in the desert not having enough water......SUVs did it...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bpas105
Owned by Disney, which explains a bunch. Shameful example of business acumen being superceded by social agendas.

Does AB got a big block.of their stock too?
Go woke get [bleep]..lol

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
It used to be a great magazine. Sad to see they have joined the Climate Change cult.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My middle school had every issue going back to the first. Any of us were free to read them, just not check them out.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 257Bob, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,155 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,663
Posts18,493,629
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.