Good job by the officer!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by gregintenn
He left his squad car to run what looked like a half mile or so. Why not drive?

Yeah - makes no sense at all.

He tuckered out pretty quick too.

My mindset was he would have had the car to use as a shield and he could have got there faster and not been winded during a shootout.

The shooter was obviously outside, roll the windows down AR-15 hanging out the window and go. But maybe he's trained to not do that for some reason and spur of the moment decisions and all of that.

Thank God we have cops to respond to these situations, I wouldn’t want ol_mike training any cops that I would want to depend on.

Funny how the people with the least experience seem to have the most knowledge…

I never said I had knowledge of police tactics , now finish off your 4th Spam sammich, lol.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just outstanding work and response by this man. I’m glad he was so close on unrelated business.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by PPosey
He did a good job. Engaged and took down while stressed and breathing hard. A little cardio wouldn't hurt though.

His heart rate up and breathing hard has nothing to do with needing to do cardio. It is a physiological response to stress that happens naturally to the body during highly emotional/potentially traumatizing events.

His hands were likely shaking too, but you can bet he wasn't cold.

Truth Mackay! Manual dexterity is one of the first things to go after a stress induced adrenaline dump. My buddy shot a burglar/attempted rapist in the 10 ring one night ending his days of criminal activity. I was the first car at scene and noticed his hands were shaking violently. This guy is a hard, fearless guy. Amazing the physiological responses that a human body goes through during extreme stress.

Ron

Last edited by Ohio7x57; 06/30/23.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
helluva good job by the cop- moving forward towards the gunfire the whole time and kept his poise. Ballsy

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F'me...hero!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
This is always a concern of mine if God forbid I have to engage a shooter. I have weapon drawn and possibly firing and then mid-ID’d as the shooter by someone else or law enforcement and get shot.

CK
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by gregintenn
He left his squad car to run what looked like a half mile or so. Why not drive?

Yeah - makes no sense at all.

He tuckered out pretty quick too.

My mindset was he would have had the car to use as a shield and he could have got there faster and not been winded during a shootout.

The shooter was obviously outside, roll the windows down AR-15 hanging out the window and go. But maybe he's trained to not do that for some reason and spur of the moment decisions and all of that.

Thank God we have cops to respond to these situations, I wouldn’t want ol_mike training any cops that I would want to depend on.

Funny how the people with the least experience seem to have the most knowledge…

I never said I had knowledge of police tactics , now finish off your 4th Spam sammich, lol.

You certainly don’t have any such knowledge, but weren’t afraid of making a strategic comment and now admit you haven’t any knowledge. You may want to stick to something more to your wheelhouse like spam sammiches.

Do you understand that lol stands for “Laugh Out Loud” and there isn’t anything about what you said that would bring on such a response.

Hold into the rest home, Sheesh…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Stop whining

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
The sheer stress and adrenaline dump of that situation would have you hyperventilating real quick.

I would love to shake that hero's hand!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
PS you know that joker probably fell into a pile once the other cop said he's down/good.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Ringman I hope ya dont ever need a cop. They will save your ass on your worst day, and not ask for any thing in return. I think your post sucks.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Definetly has bigger balls than the whole Uvalde police dept.
Don't forget, Chicken chit Hwy Patrol was there too. Border Patrol had to come in and stop that child murdering psycho!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Often critical of how particular cops act.
Even most.

This guy is what I want from cops.
The beginning of the video was frosting on the cake.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I think as a private citizen if you had a CCL or maybe a truck gun you should do something if you can. But as that video demonstrates, you’re apt to get shot by a responding officer. Running up like that not knowing exactly where the shooter was, I’m pretty sure he would have popped a few caps on anyone he saw with a gun.

Agree, but private citizens trying to help need to be smart and careful. In this case, the police shot first and without warning abd the good samaritan paid the price.

https://www.cpr.org/2021/11/08/olde-town-arvada-police-shooting-no-charges/

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
A question was asked why didn't he drive.

When shots are fired in an urban environment, it is extremely difficult to tell where they are coming from. If you are sitting inside a vehicle. that makes it darn near impossible. Sitting inside a car is also a very dangerous and vulnerable place to be. Your vision is limited, your ability to hear is limited, and anyone with bad intent can recognize you/your vehicle coming. Getting out on and moving towards an objective on foot, and maintaining the elements of surprise as well as cover/concealment are generally a good idea if the situation allows.

Yes, the officer was winded.

There are multiple factors involved here. Generally speaking it is not the distance that causes this. More often than not it is an emotional, as well as physiological response. Your body gets a massive dump of adrenaline. If this is your first gunfight you will start breathing much faster than normal. On that note, pay attention in future shooting videos to how hard people/officers are breathing. It is their bodies way of coping with the stress of the situation.

This officer was also no doubt wearing a protective, bullet resistant vest, which restricts his chest to a degree. They are difficult to run in for long distances. Based on the way he was speaking, this was a highly emotional event for him. The fact is that he did not hesitate. He ran quickly and did what he could to the very best of his abilities.

No incident is ever perfect. That said, the fact of the matter is that this man did all that could be asked of one man. He ran straight towards what could have been his own death. He did his best to communicate his actions to others. He engaged the shooter, and stopped the threat. Overall I would say the man deserves nothing but praise.

Screw sports stars with their names on shirts like Lebron James. This Officer should have his own jersey and local kids should look up to him.

Well said...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.