Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 303savage
From what I have seen on the fire, the browning rifles do not get a lot of love.....I would much rather own a Remington seven or 700, just my opinion.

Really... I do not know of any that were not stupid accurate - I currently own 4 and have had 3 others. How many do you own or have shot????

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
HR IC

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I give a fu ck about Browning, They should have given 100 percent refunds for their salt-wood guns from the 60s. I had 2 of them, and I'm still pissed at their lack of responsibility for their fu ckup.

Last edited by Wrapids; 07/02/23.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have a X Bolt in 308, which was a Shot Show special having fiber optic sights.

Also have an X Bolt in 375 HH.

I think they are well made guns.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I own 3 total 2 X-bolts and 1 A-bolt. Have owned several others. I like them all. Quality rifles for the most part that almost always shoot well. 2 negatives are 1 of my synthetic stocks is getting sticky. Browning will replace it but its a buckmark camo stock and I would most likely have to settle for a black replacement. The other is the X-bolt mags are plastic and feel cheap although I have not had a single feeding issue. I'm more than sure you would be satisfied with a Browning rifle.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Seems like Brownings are the go-to rifles for most of my Alabama deer hunting buddies. It seems to be a cult following!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I bought a medallion in 300 win mag. Gun is beautiful and shoots great. I actually think they are pretty good. Is it model 70 good, hardly. But I wouldn't hesitate to grab one. The only thing I don't like is the x bolts 8 screws for a scope base. Don't know why, but that's odd. Love the bolt lock release button on the bolt handle and the quick release mag though. In that style of rifle I think it's better than tikka. But that's just my opinion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree that he gaudy shiny stocks are an abomination. My Citori is rust prone. Love my 358 BLR, all but the trigger. Shot my BPS until it flat wore out. The redheads Abolt shoots just fine.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My A bolt 2 is my favorite rifle to carry. It is compact with a great trigger and shoots very well. We just picked up an A-bolt3 for my future son in law. It has the improved recoil pad of the X-bolt and a similarly crisp trigger of mine. My A bolt mag clips into the floor plate which some hate but I love. The AB3 is simple detachable.

If giving any negatives I would point to my AB2. First, the factory synthetic stock was great to hold and carry but was prone to making barrel contact and felt recoil was high for the given round. Replacing with a Bell and Carlson cured all ills and made it a consistent and pleasant shooting tack driver.

The one remaining item on mine is the ridiculously shiny bolt shroud. No idea why anyone would design such a dumb feature in a hunting rifle. Minor annoyance.

Overall Love the Browning rifles. Some in salty sea environments complain about the trigger mechanisms failing but I have never experienced that. The bolt is supposedly over complicated but again.....I can't tell.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
U
U
If anyone has a a-bolt white gold medallion that they want to sell let me know I’m always in the market. 👍

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 303savage
From what I have seen on the fire, the browning rifles do not get a lot of love.....I would much rather own a Remington seven or 700, just my opinion.

Brownings are perfect for someone who just wants to buy a rifle and shoot it as is. They are good rifles.

700s are for those who can't help themselves and have to add a bunch of aftermarket pieces to their gun and show off the pics of the end result.

IC B3

C
C
I have a NIB X bolt hunter in 7mm Mag. Won on a gun ticket and can't decide if I want to see if it shoots or try and unload it. Wasn't really on my list of guns to obtain but hey it was "free."

I'd really like a 7 PRC in a Fierce or something along those lines.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by cm9702
I have a NIB X bolt hunter in 7mm Mag. Won on a gun ticket and can't decide if I want to see if it shoots or try and unload it. Wasn't really on my list of guns to obtain but hey it was "free."

I’ve read about all the Fierce problems. One guy got “rifle” that hadn’t been rifled. A 7mm smooth bore

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by cm9702

I’ve read about all the Fierce problems. One guy got “rifle” that hadn’t been rifled. A 7mm smooth bore

Lol!

Maybe that X-Bolt 7 Mag with some Barnes TTSX is a better option.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am a big fan of my Browning X Bolts. All the A bolts I have shot have been great too. I would 100% own more of them in a heartbeat but they never come up for sale used. That right there ought to tell ya something about how happy their owners are with them. The same can't be said about other guns that always make appearances in the classified section.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 6MMWASP, Akhutr, 7 invisible), 1,692 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,908
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.