Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by battue
“Boomer Duck club” ….always interesting to see how some are willing to run down certain individuals….their reasoning being they have achieved the American ideal of success in their chosen path. And can then enjoy some of the nice benefits it brings.

The Dems think much the same…. In that the successful are somehow to be looked at with distaste.
Stop complaining and go to the Trap Club and learn how to shoot.
Learn the craft....don't be a bozo and ground sluice.

JFC

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
GB1

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
“Boomer Duck club” ….always interesting to see how some are willing to run down certain individuals….their reasoning being they have achieved the American ideal of success in their chosen path. And can then enjoy some of the nice benefits it brings.

The Dems think much the same…. In that the successful are somehow to be looked at with distaste.

JFC

I think you’re saying the right thing, but to the wrong guy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive

JFC

There’s a saying that is usually attributed to either Abraham Lincoln or Samuel Clemens. You’re probably not aware of it but you should heed it anyway, all sense of propriety aside.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B

I wasn’t running anyone down. You can stop clutching your pearls. You’re clearly identifying with the characteristics and expectations associated with waterfowl country clubs I was pointing out, though.

There’s nothing wrong with duck clubs or gun clubs at all. However, I’ll be damned if I’ll have someone project their values and traditions upon me in the form of expectations.

Consider this the “new money” response to your achievement of the American ideal of success in your chosen path.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
“I wasn’t running anyone down….. you’re clearly identifying the characteristics and expectations associated with the Waterfowl Country clubs I was pointing out,”

“There is nothing wrong with Duck clubs or gun clubs at all….”

I’ll be damned😂

Last edited by battue; 07/03/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
“I wasn’t running anyone down….. you’re clearly identifying the characteristics and expectations associated with the Waterfowl Country clubs I was pointing out,”

I’ll be damned😂

If you’re going to quote me, be honest and don’t edit the quote. Thats CNN Hillary Clinton type crap. Don’t be chicken [bleep].

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B

I’ll be damned😂

You had to come back and edit again lol. Nice framing, Hillary.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes I did, in that there was additional failed logic in your post. That I left out the first time.

OK, my apologies..I left out “you can stop clutching your pearls”.

Tell me how that altered the pearls of your contradiction.

Anyway, ground pound them till you have a good meal.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BigGrz

I’ll be damned😂

You had to come back and edit again lol. Nice framing, Hillary.

Most of the gun club shooters I know are decidedly blue collar types. Duck clubs? I was a guest at one once. Very neat place. I’d have joined if I lived closer. Stop by the gun club sometime for some practice. Then there’ll be no need to ground swat your birds. Plus, it’s fun! Win-Win. 😁

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Yes I did, in that there was additional failed logic in your post. That I left out the first time.

OK, my apologies..I left out “you can stop clutching your pearls”.

Tell me how that altered the pearls of your contradiction.

Anyway, ground pound them till you have a good meal.

Glad I have your permission, papaw.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Any here who know me are aware of who I voted for. Your insinuations will add nothing to your efforts.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You also fail in the ability to differentiate between a comment and one granting another permission.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Any here who know me are aware of who I voted for. Your insinuations will add nothing to your efforts.

It’s pretty clear you’re dishonest in your framing. I don’t need to insinuate anything.

You had an erroneous emotional reaction. It’s ok. Calm down.

There was nothing flawed with my logic. I never once said there was anything bad about duck clubs or gun clubs. It’s the mindset of ~some and many~ of the people that frequent such establishments I was criticizing.

Clearly whatever successful chosen path of yours didn’t require the skill sets of reading comprehension and critical thinking.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
You also fail in the ability to differentiate between a comment and one granting another permission.

Making my point for me again, papaw. It’s called sarcasm. I’m sure you were around when Webster added that word to his dictionary.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You win.... laugh laugh

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
For conversation.... grin

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
You win.... laugh laugh

Well, he kind of did score with the Webster dictionary thing. Too bad this isn’t a real campfire. We’d find we had more things in common than not. The young cantankerous guy would probably carry most of the decoys. 😏

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'll be damned.....There you go....wanting me to carry the decs.... laugh

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Someone is setting off fireworks that sounds like guns....The Dogs are going nuts thinking there is something out there to pick up...

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by WMR
You win.... laugh laugh

Well, he kind of did score with the Webster dictionary thing. Too bad this isn’t a real campfire. We’d find we had more things in common than not. The young cantankerous guy would probably carry most of the decoys. 😏

Be careful, WMR. Your wisdom might be contagious to the point of improving discourse on the fire.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,845 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,797
Posts18,477,411
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.