Print Thread
Hop To
R
Remsen Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm in the midst of litigation with a US government agency over its refusal to comply with Freedom of Information Act procedures. Among the things I've asked for are contracts that were referenced in a report issued at the end of the Trump administration, relating to a certain foreign country selling access to US nuclear expertise. I just received an update from the general counsel for the agency and it really is amazing. They have zero qualms about "losing" documents that would put the current administration in a bad light, yet they always seem to be able to produce documents that slime the prior administration. Here's the relevant part of their email:

The Department would not have any records in that nature that predate 2018. The contract in question stems from documents the Institution provided the Department in 2018. Those documents were placed in a folder, but unfortunately the folder is corrupt and the Department is not able to repair the corruption. Therefore, the Department no longer has those documents. Also, since the Department did not receive the contract in question until 2018, then there would be no internal discussions regarding that prior to the date received. Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this.

Can you imagine what the swamp would do if somehow a document damaging Trump were to be in a "folder that is corrupt"? I suspect the repair would be possible and done immediately.

FJB.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The number one thing Trump did was expose just how much corruption is in our government.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't comment on an ongoing investigation.... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Going back to the obama regime it was common practice to have to sue .gov agencies for FOI, and when you got the documents up to 90% of it would be blacked out. Biden admin is just following suit. Two of the most corrupt admins in history.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well, you are still free to ASK for FOI, Remsen... smile

Should we be thankful?

Last edited by las; 07/06/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

R
Remsen Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jdunham
The number one thing Trump did was expose just how much corruption is in our government.

Bingo. I can't go into details on this, but the core issue of the FOIA request was what happened to an investigation that was started by the Trump administration and mysteriously was buried as soon as Biden took office. We never had issues with getting FOIA requests promptly fulfilled from 2017 through early 2021. I even spoke directly to the Trump admin official who prepared the report I wanted details on and he said the Biden regime is never going to give up the information, and due to his own confidentiality obligations as a former admin official he would probably be strung up by Biden's DOJ if he gave me any info.

Trump wasn't perfect, but this administration is simply lawless.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems if you have access to the person that prepared the report you are looking for, they could be deposed, could they not?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by irfubar
Can't comment on an ongoing investigation.... wink

I've heard those words over & over & over ,,, smile ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Give ol' Tester a call. He can probably shake something loose. LOL

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,141
Posts18,484,085
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.