Hop To
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
R
RHClark Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
This guy is pretty dry the first few minutes but if you can endure 30-45 minuets at least, you will know more about our food supply and why you are overweight than 99% of people, including doctors.

As some of you may know 5 years ago, I weighed 370-380 lbs depending on what I had for supper and felt very poorly at 50 years old. I decided to educate myself on diet weight loss and overall fitness and lost about 200 lbs in 2 years. I got a little sloppy during the plandemic but I'm still 190 and very fit for 55 years old today.

If you need to lose weight and have about given up, please watch this and gain some hope.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Decrease input and increase output. All you need to know

G
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
G
Tag to watch later!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Much more to it than that . The stuff being fed to us these days is poison and our bodies do not know how to handle it. Ends in cancer, poor health and weight gain. You can eat like a normal person and still lose weight if you eat real food

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
380 lbs ?

god dammit, and you want to preach to us?

IC B2

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

In simpler terms: Eat Less, Move More.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

Wrong. If it were that simple nobody would be overweight. I tried like hell to do exactly what you suggested for 40 years and it never worked. I wasn't overweight because I was a lazy SOB that sat around all day eating chips and cookies. I worked construction and cut timber 12-16 hours a day sometimes just as hard as any human on earth has ever worked.

What you eat has a lot more impact than just the calories. Certain foods are designed naturally and scientifically to make you store fat.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ModelT
380 lbs ?

god dammit, and you want to preach to us?

No. Not in a condescending way at all. I lost the weight and only want to help others feel as good as I do. You're welcome.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Stop eating junk

R
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Stop eating junk

Yes, but a lot of what you probably think is healthy, is basically junk, even if it's not sweets and snacks.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
RHC, very proud of ya, sounds like you’re a big stout hard working man with a lot of muscle mass, there’s a ton of little pussie’s on here that never have been big , strong men, I was a steel worker for 30 years, could throw 250 pounds around like others 50 pounds, I played college ball and size was a must, at 310 I said enough and got down to 230, glad you got it off in your 50’s before your knees went bad like mine, well done.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I don’t watch YouTubes that can’t get their point across in 15 min or less. If what they say is interesting and makes sense, I’ll stick around, but I’m not watching 45 min of drivel to get to the point.

What’s the TL:DR?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by RHClark

Wrong. If it were that simple nobody would be overweight. I tried like hell to do exactly what you suggested for 40 years and it never worked. I wasn't overweight because I was a lazy SOB that sat around all day eating chips and cookies. I worked construction and cut timber 12-16 hours a day sometimes just as hard as any human on earth has ever worked.

What you eat has a lot more impact than just the calories. Certain foods are designed naturally and scientifically to make you store fat.

Bullshit. Decrease input even more and increase output more. Got to get your heart beat up and when it get easy to do what before was hard you find something harder. It is that simple, most do not have the intestinal fortitude to keep with it.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Lean meat protein, green veggies, cut the carbs except low glycemic fruit, and work out seriously at least 3 times a week. Lift weights to muscle failure. Quality protein shake after each workout...Branched chain Amino acids tabs are a big help.

Have a cheat day once a week where you can eat crap carbs other wise you will fall off the wagon.....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Westman
Lean meat protein, green veggies, cut the carbs except low glycemic fruit, and work out seriously at least 3 times a week. Lift weights to muscle failure. Quality protein shake after each workout...Branched chain Amino acids tabs are a big help.

Have a cheat day once a week where you can eat crap carbs other wise you will fall off the wagon.....

some more sound advice.

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Cheat Days never worked for me--they turned into cheat weeks, then months. I just gave up all sweets, chips, etc. its easier.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
So is there a cliff notes version?

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rainshot
So is there a cliff notes version?

eat less, move more.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BMT

Cheat Days never worked for me--they turned into cheat weeks, then months. I just gave up all sweets, chips, etc. its easier.

BMT

My cheat days were where I ate toast with breakfast and at least one type of dessert like cookies etc. later in the day.It gets to the point where I even feel guilty on cheat days...It all takes discipline. Even the cheat days... (grin)

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The Walton and Johnson Diet from 20 years ago:

Move around more, eat less.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,652
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.