Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 99guy
I wouldn't have any problem with restoring a broken Bubba gun.
Nor I. But I generally avoid bubba'd guns. I like well worn originals but nothing fires me up more than extra holes. I just got taken across by a guy on a Winchester 94 32 Special and I'm still kinda pissed. He showed me pictures of a nice "original" post 64 for $600. I had to drive an hour and a half to meet him only to find there were four extra holes on the top of the barrel that he neglected to mention. He wouldn't take less and I drove 1.5 hours to see it so I just bought the thing. But I'm still a bit pissed

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by moosemike
Nor I. But I generally avoid bubba'd guns. I like well worn originals but nothing fires me up more than extra holes. I just got taken across by a guy on a Winchester 94 32 Special and I'm still kinda pissed. He showed me pictures of a nice "original" post 64 for $600. I had to drive an hour and a half to meet him only to find there were four extra holes on the top of the barrel that he neglected to mention. He wouldn't take less and I drove 1.5 hours to see it so I just bought the thing. But I'm still a bit pissed

Four extra holes on top of the barrel? What'd he do, mount a Unertl target scope on it? If it was about anything other than a M94 I would applaud him for saving me some work.

Jay Ward is a skilled craftsman but he makes little attempt at re-creating original finishes. Nicer than nice jobs, but a bit gaudy and doesn't color case harden stuff that should be. Not knocking him, just be sure that's what you want.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No idea. Must have been a Scout setup. The seller didn't think it was a big deal because the rear sight covers three of the four screw holes

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
reminds me of a M54 in 270 i got with, brace yourself, 17 holes in the barrel. someone must have tried every mount known to man on it.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deerstalker
reminds me of a M54 in 270 i got with, brace yourself, 17 holes in the barrel. someone must have tried every mount known to man on it.
😯

IC B2

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by deerstalker

Holy cow... maybe they were going for some kind of record there 😏

And thought the model 43 I have with about half a dozen was bad 😬 Got it cheap because of all the holes though, which is right up my alley.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing wrong with some extra holes if they adjust the price accordingly. That wasn't the case for me though

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Could never get past any extra holes

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Could never get past any extra holes

That should be your by-line... grin

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Nothing wrong with some extra holes if they adjust the price accordingly. That wasn't the case for me though

Yeah, that definitely sucks. I have zero issues buying rifles with extra holes, but I won't pay collector's prices for a Swiss cheesed one, either.

Last edited by zcm82; 07/14/23. Reason: typo
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Do what you feel you need to do if you have it redone 99.9%

of the people won't know it anyway and too many

extra holes on good fifty years from now who will know

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (16gage, 10ring1, 16penny, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,919 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,754
Posts18,514,780
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.