Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by Borchardt
The Walton and Johnson Diet from 20 years ago:

Move around more, eat less.

Them's racist words....don't you keep up with the times???

20 years ago people actually ate better foods in general. They ate less sugar, less processed foods, less fast foods. Just look at the data. When you eat more junk that doesn't have nutritional value in the form of all those things i just listed, you have to eat more calories to get the same nutrition. The form those calories come in effects your health. You can't get around your body being rebuilt constantly from what you eat.

If you are slightly overweight and have decent self-control, then eat less, exercise more is not terrible advice, but it is useless for anyone else.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by hanco
Stop eating junk

Yes, but a lot of what you probably think is healthy, is basically junk, even if it's not sweets and snacks.
Please, don't tell me bacon and fried eggs with wheat toast topped with real butter is junk food. I'll have a break down.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sew much?

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
Stop eating junk

Yes, but a lot of what you probably think is healthy, is basically junk, even if it's not sweets and snacks.
Please, don't tell me bacon and fried eggs with wheat toast topped with real butter is junk food. I'll have a break down.

kwg

Depends on the bacon, find a better toast

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
indeed it is a great thread... and minimal gotcha-dung.

I was lower third body weight to height for first 30 years, then middle third until; quit smoking at 44 years old... then went on prilosec for gatric reflux and gained a pound a week for 20 weeks.... could eat more without the heartburn or esophageal hernia... then broke some ribs water skiing, and running and mountain biking stopped for 4 months and then too heavy to run ... walking did not change things..

now set point 240 and 72 years old and strong as old ox, but have pounds to lose..

quit drinking would do half of it, and the White Devils: rice, sugar, wheat, corn, potatoes, alcohol, barley beer, wine, ...

"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or misunderstanding."
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Two things to try if gastric reflux / acid reflux are a problem before going on any meds of any sort ... first is to try to eat earlier in the day so you have a couple hours between eating and getting horizontal, and the second is drink more water especially right before bed. Meds can be necessary but most of them have side effects or potential side effects so if something simple like changing schedule a little or drinking a bit of extra water is sufficient to remove the need, you're better off.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Save for later.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Move more / eat less worked for me.

Monitoring calories burned while doing cardio then looking at calories on food labels is a real eye opener. IE: that 180 calorie bottle of pop takes a lot of pedaling to work off.

Cardio = working towards max heart rate, over longer periods of time. Don't be a pussy.

ETA: ditch the pop and the sweet drinks, those with sugar and the "diet" ones as well. Your belt and your wallet will thank you.

Last edited by Distridr; 07/09/23.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About 70% of Americans are either overweight or obese, which means most of us are already insulin resistant.

While diet and exercise can help, unless you do a reset on your insulin levels, losing weight is much more difficult. That's why most folks lose some weight and then gain it back and more with each diet cycle.

Go 30 days limiting sugar to a few grams a day and simple carbs to less than 30 grams a day. You will feel like crap on days 4 - 12 but after that your body begins to adjust and convert fat into energy like our hunter-gatherer body's were designed.

If you eat like a diabetic, then losing weight and maintaining weight is much easier. You will find that your sugar and carb cravings evaporate.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Closing' up my pie hole has always worked for me.

I find that people who can't keep weight off are constantly obsessing over what they can eat. All the while they're eating some damn thing.

Eat one small salad a day for a month. That'll show you that losing weight ain't magic.

Or, get radiation pumped into your face to the extent that putting something in your mouth feels like licking a 9 volt battery.

You'll lose weight.

There's no trick to it.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've posted this at least twice in the past for all you dumb fugks but I am feeling benevolent this morning so will do so again:

If anyone is truly interested in their health and/or fitness, you are in luck because it has never been easier.

Buy a FitBit or Apple or Garmin and you are well on your way to feeling better. The reason most gimmick diets come and go is because they are centered around being simple and brainless so it makes inherently lazy people (that's you, fat fugk) believe they have found the magic formula. But you haven't found the magic formula. You just bought into something somebody was selling. And what that person was selling, will probably work and get you to where you want to be, but it still doesn't have anything to do with real health and fitness.

A smartwatch tells you everything about yourself. If you're not lying it tells you what you're really eating and what you're really burning. A lot of people are shocked to learn cutting MeeMaws lawn and running the hedge trimmer didn't burn 1500 calories. It probably burned closer to 150. You'll also learn that if you burned 3500 calories in a day, and only consumed 600, you'll be perfectly fine stopping off at Burger King and getting a Whopper with fries and a Coke. Matter of fact, you'll still be under for the day and you'll not gain any weight.

Things like real information in real time are massively beneficial to living healthy in the real world. And you can have all this for under $200. The concept of "never eat bread again" is fugking moronic. How the fugk you gonna go bass fishing all day? You gonna skip Subway on the way out that morning? Gimme a fugking break. That's not reality.

And if you are curious about which foods do not and do not make you feel like schit, guess what? The watch will break down the major food groups for you and put it in a graph. Feel like schit and no carbs? Add carbs. Feel like schit and 30% carbs that week? Try dumping carbs.

Another reason to wear a watch in 2023 is seeing your heart rate and blood pressure. If your consumption of 15 Flights on a Saturday evening keeps you under for calories, but sends your resting heart rate through the fugking roof, you need to stop slamming 15 Flights on a Saturday evening. Because you're about to have a heart attack or stroke. And then I will be on here making fun of your slouched face and or corpse. You don't want that.

It will also tell you how you are sleeping. If you're 6' and 180lbs, but only sleep four hours a night with no REM cycle, you're not fugking healthy. You're a fugking zombie.

If you are not technically savvy ask a kid, grandkid, or younger friend. They will have you get up and running in short order.

The list of benefits goes on and on but it is the simplest way to find your way to a healthy lifestyle. And it will be long lasting. Because after you track things honestly and see what is and isn't working for your day-to-day life you won't need to check your watch or the app to see how you're doing. It will become intuitive.

And when proper eating and exercise becomes intuitive, you've achieved proper health and/or fitness. You no longer need the gimmicks and even though you'll never get rid of it, you won't even need the watch.

You're welcome,
Flave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kwg020
Stop eating junk

kwg

Hanco has posted many times that he eats whatever he wants and is the same size he was in high school.

Those type of people are blessed and cursed. But they usually don't know much about health, losing weight, etc.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deflave
I've posted this at least twice in the past for all you dumb fugks but I am feeling benevolent this morning so will do so again:

If anyone is truly interested in their health and/or fitness, you are in luck because it has never been easier.

Buy a FitBit or Apple or Garmin and you are well on your way to feeling better. The reason most gimmick diets come and go is because they are centered around being simple and brainless so it makes inherently lazy people (that's you, fat fugk) believe they have found the magic formula. But you haven't found the magic formula. You just bought into something somebody was selling. And what that person was selling, will probably work and get you to where you want to be, but it still doesn't have anything to do with real health and fitness.

A smartwatch tells you everything about yourself. If you're not lying it tells you what you're really eating and what you're really burning. A lot of people are shocked to learn cutting MeeMaws lawn and running the hedge trimmer didn't burn 1500 calories. It probably burned closer to 150. You'll also learn that if you burned 3500 calories in a day, and only consumed 600, you'll be perfectly fine stopping off at Burger King and getting a Whopper with fries and a Coke. Matter of fact, you'll still be under for the day and you'll not gain any weight.

Things like real information in real time are massively beneficial to living healthy in the real world. And you can have all this for under $200. The concept of "never eat bread again" is fugking moronic. How the fugk you gonna go bass fishing all day? You gonna skip Subway on the way out that morning? Gimme a fugking break. That's not reality.

And if you are curious about which foods do not and do not make you feel like schit, guess what? The watch will break down the major food groups for you and put it in a graph. Feel like schit and no carbs? Add carbs. Feel like schit and 30% carbs that week? Try dumping carbs.

Another reason to wear a watch in 2023 is seeing your heart rate and blood pressure. If your consumption of 15 Flights on a Saturday evening keeps you under for calories, but sends your resting heart rate through the fugking roof, you need to stop slamming 15 Flights on a Saturday evening. Because you're about to have a heart attack or stroke. And then I will be on here making fun of your slouched face and or corpse. You don't want that.

It will also tell you how you are sleeping. If you're 6' and 180lbs, but only sleep four hours a night with no REM cycle, you're not fugking healthy. You're a zombie.

If you are not technically savvy ask a kid, grandkid, or younger friend. They will have you up and running in short order.

The list of benefits goes on and on but it is the simplest way to find your way to a healthy lifestyle. And it will be long lasting. Because after you track things honestly and see what is and isn't working for your day-to-day life you won't need to check your watch or the app to see how you're doing. It will become intuitive.

And when proper eating and exercise becomes intuitive, you've achieved proper health and/or fitness. You no longer need the gimmicks and even though you'll never get rid of it, you won't even need the watch.

You're welcome,
Flave

Lots of good points here but I don't fugging have to or want to eat bread or fast food. No sandwich or burger and fries for over 5 years. I can work, bass fish or go mountain biking all day and never run out of energy or get hungry. You're not in such great shape if you can't go 24 hours without food.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
And by some miracle, long before FitBit, Apple, or Google.... we were not a nation of mostly fat fuq's.

Thank you very much.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Lots of good points here but I don't fugging have to or want to eat bread or fast food. No sandwich or burger and fries for over 5 years. I can work, bass fish or go mountain biking all day and never run out of energy or get hungry. You're not in such great shape if you can't go 24 hours without food.

You posted on this very thread that you have already gotten lazy in your diet since losing all that weight.

So spare me the fugking horseschit.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
And by some miracle, long before FitBit, Apple, or Google.... we were not a nation of mostly fat fuq's.

Thank you very much.

They make things easier for those that care.

I never said they were essential.

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

Thank you very much.

There has also been an approximately 50% increase in sugar consumption since 1970. How many people eat real cooked food now compared to something already packaged that they can just pop in the oven or microwave, or fast food for that matter? How much time is spent today just sitting around looking at the cell phone or computer VS getting out and doing something?

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

You posted on this very thread that you have already gotten lazy in your diet since losing all that weight.

So spare me the fugking horseschit.

Yes, but my getting lazy about it was a fugging bottle or 2 of wine every day. Still no burger and fries for me, not that it would have been any worse. Everybody has to pick their own poison.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tag for later

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Thank you very much.

They make things easier for those that care.

I never said they were essential.

Touche'

Life was much easier before all the tech that was supposed to make our lives easier.

Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (007FJ, 160user, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 219DW, 66 invisible), 2,976 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,222
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.