Print Thread
Hop To
G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
...their message of this year's Noxen Rendezvous. Mark your calendars, iPhones, Mayan tablets, and sun dials - the date for Ye Olde Gathering of the Faithful Savage Rifle Loonies is August 18,19,20, Year of Our Lord, 2023. Short of an apocalyptic event, say, Joe Brady getting drafted into the Army, or Joe Bonifant's Crocs finally wearing out, that is the date by which riflemen of all shapes and sizes knock the mud off their Savages (and some odd other delectable shootables) and gather to tell tall tales, eat, imbibe adult beverages (always, as before, after the guns are put away), shoot to your heart's content, and best of all - view a most impressive collection of Savage products. I ain't kidding.

Dig out your Elasto-waist trousers from the 70's, carve a couple extra notches in your belt (to let it out), or just run around in your Union Suit because I guarantee you'll add a couple inches to your waistline. It's unavoidable - they make you eat too much there. All to the cacophony of the best bunch of fellas you'll ever meet, the kind of guys you would willingly share a foxhole with if you catch my drift.

It may be an imposition for some, and a difficult choice/decision for others, to attend two Savage events in Pennsylvania in one year. Do what you can. If you can swing both the Fest and the Rendezvous that would be fantastic. Again, I ain't kidding. There are a pile of us who'll be doing both. (Joe Bonifant will probably do a couple extra by himself.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Very entertaining read Gary

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow! With a post like that how can you say no! Lol. Thanks for posting Gary. With all that being said, if anyone would like to attend you can comment here or send me a pm for more info. See ya’s in August!!

Joe

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A true poet.

Poe or Frost or Lincoln could not have word smithed it any better….

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 99guy
A true poet.

Poe or Frost or Lincoln could not have word smithed it any better….

Or Service.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for Savages....

LOL
IC B2

G
gnoahhh Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[quote=99guy]

Or Service.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for Savages....

"The Noxen trails have their secret tales
that would make your blood run cold;"

Last edited by gnoahhh; 01/18/23.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
We are actually just a bunch of old farts who like to eat, drink and shoot, not necessarily in that order. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Best group of
fellers outside of Alcatraz you'll ever meet. If Joe will let me in the gate, I'll be there. wink

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I would like to come back for a second time if there’s room?

I'm interested in the Noxen rendevous . Could anyone supply information on where and when? I'm new to the site and not able to PM. I'm located in SW PA.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Nor Cal and Oregon guy interested in coming. Looks like Scranton is the closest airport. We wouldn’t be able to bring much, what accommodations are available?

Eric

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics are questionable.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sent pm’s

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ericn
Nor Cal and Oregon guy interested in coming. Looks like Scranton is the closest airport. We wouldn’t be able to bring much, what accommodations are available?

Eric
I hope you guys can work it out. This will be the first year I miss. Usually I'm available to pick a few guys up at BWI (Baltimore Washington International). The airport is only half an hour from my house and Noxen is about a 4 hour trip. Next year, I'll be there!

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JediWing19
I would like to come back for a second time if there’s room?
Glad your coming back again Chris.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.