Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Needing something for the son, turkeys, dove, grouse, maybe some waterfowl and definitely some clays.
Seems like a pretty good option for the $$. Last Auto’s were Browning gold and silver’s and reliability was not stellar with either. Had a Beretta 390 that was but leaning away from gas guns.

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have an affinity 3 in bottomland. Bought it for turkeys, crows and coyotes. Have shot trap and skeet with it also. It has cycled the lightest trap loads and the heavy magnums without a hitch.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
I don't own one but shoot with a few guys that do. They like them, cycle anything and seem to shoot well.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
When it comes to SA....Some examples of the same brand will have reliability problems. Friend had a Fabarm...that has been a constant problem. His wife has one that is extremely reliable.
Have seen the same across the broad with them all. A couple examples either way, doesn't tell the story.

I've seen all of them...Beretta or Benelli will be the two best bets. Not only for reliability, but for easy access to parts if needed. And they just happen to be the two heavy users prefer. Coincidence????

Last edited by battue; 07/10/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Girsan MC312.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by battue
When it comes to SA....Some examples of the same brand will have reliability problems. Friend had a Fabarm...that has been a constant problem. His wife has one that is extremely reliable.
Have seen the same across the broad with them all. A couple examples either way, doesn't tell the story.

I've seen all of them...Beretta or Benelli will be the two best bets. Not only for reliability, but for easy access to parts if needed. And they just happen to be the two heavy users prefer. Coincidence????

Not sure about that. I know the Berretta corp sources different guns from different places, but I researched the Affinity before I bought it. A well-known gun writer on a shotgun forum said that the Affinity was made on the same assembly line as the Benelli. Mine says made in Italy. He claimed it was basically the same as an M2 if I remember correctly. I think it was the M2. Anyway, I bought the Affinity because it was exactly half the price at the time of the Benelli. It has been flawless with the exception that it takes a bit of effort to insert a round in the mag.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I said they all can have faults. Also that the high volume shooters almost exclusively choose Beretta or Benelli. I cross paths with many of them, and have yet to see an Affinity.

That being said flawless with the exception mentioned, isn’t flawless. But it should be an easy fix..

A good Beretta A400 should go 70-100K before the receiver is mostly worn out. If an Affinity has the rep for that kind of service. Then I would say your point is valid.

Addition: A couple days ago I finally gave an A400 a complete cleaning. I had fired around 4000 rounds, without a failure of any kind. And it wasn’t the first time that happened. I have reason to think they are one of the better options.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Would be interested to know which Beretta shotguns are sourced from another manufacturer..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I prefer the Franchi over the Benelli.

Nothing in the buttstock to rust like the Benelli.

I still like my Golds though.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

I agree, was hoping that Franchi being benelli owned would piggy back on their reputation

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And Benelli is now owned by Beretta.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I’m a fan of both benelli and beretta for sure, this being for a kid that might put 1000 rds a year through it max, was hoping to save a few $$ for a “good enough” gun that’s at least reliable and would do what he needs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m a fan of both benelli and beretta for sure, this being for a kid that might put 1000 rds a year through it max, was hoping to save a few $$ for a “good enough” gun that’s at least reliable and would do what he needs.
It will be reliable. Pretty much the same inertia system but instead of some workings in the butt they are in the forearm on the mag tube with the Franchi.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Would be interested to know which Beretta shotguns are sourced from another manufacturer..

Don't get ruffled. All I meant, though I may not have stated it well is that some of the guns sold by the corporation known as Beretta under other names than Beretta or Benelli are manufactured in different countries. An example would be a Stoeger, which is made in Turkey but sold and distributed by the Beretta Corporation. I thought there were others but not sure and don't care enough to look it up. The Franchi is made in Italy by the same folks that make the Benelli. Because of that some theorize that it is a better gun than one manufactured elsewhere with possibly less experienced workers.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Years ago I had the chance to shoot a 20 gauge Franchi on a quail hunt. Hardest kicking 20 gauge have ever shot.....only experience with one.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You’re confusing ruffled with an honest inquiry in an effort to learn something.

As previously mentioned, there are flaws that may show up in all of them. Friend had a Zoli…Italian made, highly regarded and goes for $8000 plus….that went back for services 7 times. They finally gave up and gave him an entirely new shotgun for $2000.

Last edited by battue; 07/11/23.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
You’re confusing ruffled with an honest inquiry in an effort to learn something.

As previously mentioned, there are flaws that may show up in all of them. Friend had a Zoli…Italian made, highly regarded and goes for $8000 plus….that went back for services 7 times. They finally gave up and gave him an entirely new shotgun for $2000.

I had a Zoli and and absolutely loved it, shot it better than any gun I’ve owned but the trigger group would shoot loose every 100 rds. Keep an Allen key with me every time I shot a round of clays.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I had a Zoli and and absolutely loved it, shot it better than any gun I’ve owned but the trigger group would shoot loose every 100 rds. Keep an Allen key with me every time I shot a round of clays.

If I remember correctly, there are several different "zoli's". Brothers I think

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Please forgive me. I'm sure I was overly defensive. I've been posting too much in the Campfire forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10ring1, 1Longbow, 163bc, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,916
Posts18,498,357
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.