-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am once again reading through the Sackett series of Louis L’Amour books. Fun reading…

I doubt I have all of his books, I do have 75-80 of ‘em and all of the Sacketts.

Black Cows Matter!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Ive read a few of Johnstones books.

I really enjoyed the older Mountain Man ones.

Those were the first ones I read. Many years ago.

I tried to follow them for awhile, but it got tedious.

I enjoy the westerns much more.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have read everything by Louis L'amour, many of his books multiple times. It was his books that put into me the desire to move off the East coast and land in Montana.

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Like all those fiction dime novels do ya? Even all the old B-Westerns along as they favored the white man and the bad man got the girl... heck, when it comes to reality, you all don't want no part of it, saying its exploitive and in the past, it shouldn't be shown or read by your kids under 22 and heaven forbid taught in schools. You all want to ban and burn the books and restrict those schools that you can same as the Brown Shirts of the early 30's in Germany. Another year or two you all will be wanting to Attack the makers of Yellowstone and its prequels 1883 and 1923 trying to boycott the series epic depiction of forced reeducation by religious zealots of the indigenous Indian tribes and flee from trying to explain to your kids how that could have taken place all the way through to the mid 1950's... thought teaching about black slavery in our history was in the past and buried, should be fun to watch you all turn against your favorite series...

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You’re an idiot.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Like all those fiction dime novels do ya? Even all the old B-Westerns along as they favored the white man and the bad man got the girl... heck, when it comes to reality, you all don't want no part of it, saying its exploitive and in the past, it shouldn't be shown or read by your kids under 22 and heaven forbid taught in schools. You all want to ban and burn the books and restrict those schools that you can same as the Brown Shirts of the early 30's in Germany. Another year or two you all will be wanting to Attack the makers of Yellowstone and its prequels 1883 and 1923 trying to boycott the series epic depiction of forced reeducation by religious zealots of the indigenous Indian tribes and flee from trying to explain to your kids how that could have taken place all the way through to the mid 1950's... thought teaching about black slavery in our history was in the past and buried, should be fun to watch you all turn against your favorite series...

Phil

You're cutting a pretty wide swath there Phil boy.

If you don't like fiction, how about we put a few readings up of the way Indians really were, and really are today...

You know thieving gut eating drunkards and such.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've read most of Lamour's books and a fair number from other authors mentioned here. Like Rockinbbar, I trade 'em in for new purchases at used book stores. Been a while though. Might need to make a run by Half-Price and see what's in stock.

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E

Phil
WTF??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In Jr High, I had a pile of Louis LaMore Westerns in paperback. Mom would get me one every week when she went shopping. I think they was $1.25 at Murphy Mart.
Dave is 6 years older than me. When he was driving truck, he swiped them outta Mom’s book cabinet. As I got older, I got back into American History, and didn’t miss them.
Till I got outta the Army, they were gone.
Carol and I was shopping at an old bookstore after I got home. Them Louis LaMore books in paperback were $5 apiece! I guess there was something about copyright issues or something?
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have probably read every western by William Johnstone, Louis L' Amore, Zane Gray. Working on B.M.Bower, Bill Brooks, Reavis Wortham, H.A.Cody

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Terry C Johnston

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Phil

You're cutting a pretty wide swath there Phil boy.

If you don't like fiction, how about we put a few readings up of the way Indians really were, and really are today...

You know thieving gut eating drunkards and such.

...And another...

Dances With Wolves actor faces new sex assault charges in Canada

[Linked Image from ichef.bbci.co.uk]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

322 members (204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 42 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,239
Posts18,485,851
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.