Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
That’s my question, in addition if she does, how does she carry. Like many of you I think carrying in a handbag is a poor way to carry, but if I get my wife to carry, it’s going to be in her purse.
Are any of you familiar with an outfit that sells purses with a zipper in the end so the gun is in there with out a lot of loose stuff.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My wife carries an LCP everyday everywhere. It’s not the ideal gun, she’s not the best shot, and she carries it in a concealed pocket in her purse. But at least she has a gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sometimes...there are places we go that do not permit concealed carry. When she carries, which is often, it's in the purse or a hill people kit bag. Ruger LCR in 22. She has a glock 45 with a green dot, but only feels comfortable enough with that one at the range. She is gaining more confidence.

I think that I cause the problems...with her glock...because I like to shoot a variety of platforms...so now, when I shoot with her, I only shoot a revolver like a little smith 36, and my glock 45. That way it's like see one do one.

In other words, I leave the model 92fs, highpower, various 1911's, single action revolvers etc at home...I really didn't realize how much she was watching what I do when I shoot and trying to apply it to her platforms.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sort of. She took to my Iver Johnson .32 S&W short. I offer to get her better armament but she likes it. She carries it in her purse but when we're at Camp she wears a holster

Last edited by moosemike; 07/10/23.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My wife carries everyday. She chooses the firearm based on how it conceals with the clothing of the day. but it is usually either a Sig 365 or a Glock 42 IWB. She hunts everything and has taken game with all manner if weapons including handguns. She also competes with rifle and handgun. Her gun and knife collection is far more vast than mine. It goes further, back when we used to farm she had to have her own tractor and chainsaw too. I tell her she would have made an awesome pioneer 200 years ago.

Women can be very competent, we just have to encourage them more.

Last edited by BlackBranchFarm; 07/10/23.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My wife has been carrying my sorry a**fro 44 years

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Look at Galco, Coronado Leather, or Hiding Hilda.

Last edited by gregintenn; 07/11/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
That’s my question, in addition if she does, how does she carry. Like many of you I think carrying in a handbag is a poor way to carry, but if I get my wife to carry, it’s going to be in her purse.
Are any of you familiar with an outfit that sells purses with a zipper in the end so the gun is in there with out a lot of loose stuff.

My wife has a collection of holster purses. I think she has settled on the ones with access from the top. Says the purse sits beside her more than its on her shoulder.

I got her a "holster" that's a L shaped chunk of Kydex with options for different holsters. It sits on the short side of the L in a middle compartment in the purse. Its the only thing in that compartment. She uses that in the ones not designed for carry.

She likes the M&P Shield plus.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It depends on where she's going but most days she carries a 365 in her purse, I don't remember the brand of the purse. Kydex trigger guard looped around a tab in the pocket that's made for carry. Today she's kayaking and carried the Sig in a HPG kit bag.

She used to carry a G19, then switched to a Shield, then back a G19, but now prefers the Sig. We generally carry the same pistol when we go out together and that's the same general order I went through.

Originally Posted by hikerbum
My wife has been carrying my sorry a**fro 44 years

lol....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My wife carries her S&W 9mm EZ in her purse. She hasn't found any holsters that she's confortable with, although she hasn't tried very hard to find one that she likes yet either. Access isn't very quick out of the purse, BUT at least she has it with her.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
CaribouJack: Your "loose stuff" comment reminds me of an incident I was involved in several decades ago.
I decided to check my wifes Smith & Wesson Model 60 that she carried in her purse in a loose, leather, semi-holster/semi carrying pocket.
Turns out lucky I did check on that Model 60, as it had 3 or 4 "M&M" candies wedged in the exposed cartridge chambers in front of the ammunition!
I was surprised how well the M&M's fit in there!
26 years ago we moved to Montana and no "carry" is now partaken of.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yes, usually in a purse made for conceal carry. She carries a Ruger LCP in 22LR, loaded with Stingers.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
No.

She's not anti gun, she just has no interest in them...though she does think some of mine are pretty.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes! But, not as consistent as I’d like! And yes, in a purse….which I hate. Another yes, she has a couple of purses similar to that which you describe ……but, they’re too small for all of her other stuff.

I, like many other spouses wish that their wife would simply carry on her person! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 07/11/23.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Anytime she’s showing properties (realtor) or collecting rents. Smith 60 .38spcl. Bought a hellcat but she hasn’t shot it enough to be comfortable with operating it. Need to remedy that ASAP.
She’s a damn good shot, came in only behind me in the range portion of our concealed carry license class.
Bunch of 50-70 year old men there looked embarrassed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
Sometimes...there are places we go that do not permit concealed carry. When she carries, which is often, it's in the purse or a hill people kit bag. Ruger LCR in 22. She has a glock 45 with a green dot, but only feels comfortable enough with that one at the range. She is gaining more confidence.

I think that I cause the problems...with her glock...because I like to shoot a variety of platforms...so now, when I shoot with her, I only shoot a revolver like a little smith 36, and my glock 45. That way it's like see one do one.

In other words, I leave the model 92fs, highpower, various 1911's, single action revolvers etc at home...I really didn't realize how much she was watching what I do when I shoot and trying to apply it to her platforms.

Sometimes we forget that some women are smart and they try to emulate us. It's good that you leave all the big stuff at home when you take her. Suggest you shoot her Glock so when she's watching you, not only is that a good thing but she can emulate you with the same gun. Just my IMO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes, the wife has a CWP, I built her an accurized 637 +P to replace her 20 year carry gun, her old 60 Smith, much easier on the weight. She is a former licensed PI from Memphis. She would put a bullet in an adz in a NY second. Her specialty was child abuse cases. Has a very low tolerance level for cretans of any order, shape or form.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

CJ, my wife always carried in a Coronado Leather purse. The end has a Velcro opening with a holster secured inside for whatever brand the pistol/revolver is. After she became ill and later died, I gave her purse to my neighbor's wife, who also carries.

My wife's purse is fourth from the left.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=coronado+leather+purse

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Thanks

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Mine has a house gun that I keep an eye on. She's a good shot, but she just isn't responsible enough to carry. I usually have her carry it locked in a hard case if she travels without me.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

147 members (44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 2500HD, 35, 18 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,960
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.