Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Starting to look for a new utility tractor to replace the 100hp Case.

My Case is over 9 years old and has 2500 hours on it. It still runs good, but I'm a bit scared of the upcoming costs on it to keep it that way. eek

I do ridged maintenance on it, and keep it in tip-top shape. But sooner or later the things known to fail....will. Like the DPF, at a cost of $5k to replace, etc.

Right now, It's worth roughly what I paid for it. But as I look down the line of time, I can expect to spend more and more keeping it running.

This is the Case I'm looking to replace.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Looking at 100 to 112hp tractors.

Tractor dealers around me that sell that horsepower tractor are Case (I won't go back to the dealer that sold me the current one. Ever. The dealer is important!), John Deere, New Holland, and Kubota.

Which color would you be looking at?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
WHAT ABOUT MAHINDRA?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cisco1
WHAT ABOUT MAHINDRA?

I've got one. Got a 2019 6075 cab. Love it, and spend lots of time with it. It's a pretty advanced tractor for the price.

BUT... Mahindra has changed their lineup of tractors now, and the one I have is the biggest they offer now. I'm needing something north of 100hp.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I would stay away from New Holland. Granted it was ten years ago, but bought brand new 75 hp bucket tractor. In the 2 years of the warranty I had it back in for clutch, instrument cluster, 4wd system and PTO not turning off. The last 2 months I had it the hours reset every time that I started tractor. Day the warranty ran out I traded it on a Massey Ferguson. Much better tractor and still going after 3994 hours on a 2014 model. And the HP range you are looking at are nicer than the MF 4610 that I have. I see a lot of NH tractors with low hours on dealer lots, so I'm going to assume that when warranty ran out, tractor was traded. I know that's what I did.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tburkepa
I would stay away from New Holland. Granted it was ten years ago, but bought brand new 75 hp bucket tractor. In the 2 years of the warranty I had it back in for clutch, instrument cluster, 4wd system and PTO not turning off. The last 2 months I had it the hours reset every time that I started tractor. Day the warranty ran out I traded it on a Massey Ferguson. Much better tractor and still going after 3994 hours on a 2014 model. And the HP range you are looking at are nicer than the MF 4610 that I have. I see a lot of NH tractors with low hours on dealer lots, so I'm going to assume that when warranty ran out, tractor was traded. I know that's what I did.

There's different levels of quality (and price) now.

The one I have above is a 10 year tractor. It's running strong now, with no issues.

Case and New Holland are the same tractor, only different colors. They are both made by CNH... Case/New Holland which are subsidiaries of Fiat.

I wouldn't even consider the New Holland Workmaster series tractor. The one I'm looking at is a Powerstar 110, which is the same basic platform of tractor as the one I've owned for 10 years.

New Holland has the Workmaster as their "economy" series. John Deere has the "E" series as their economy line.

For the work I do, the tractor needs to be stout... I can't venture into "economy" territory... They just won't hold up.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I agree on the model line and quality. My NH was the T4.75 and have yet to hear of anyone liking them. We mostly use our bucket tractor to load/haul round bales and feed cattle in the winter. We have bigger stouter tractors for the grunt work. So I don't really need the stoutest tractor like you do. But I do want it to work like it's supposed to when you are paying $45,000 plus (2014 model).

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I did not know Mahindra had dropped their 100 HP tractors. I bought a new 2016 last year. It's OK.

To the question: I have had numerous NH - JD and Kubota tractors.

I would ONLY have Kubota of those 3.

I have spent many , many hours on the farm on Farmalls . Olivers, AC WD 45's, Ford. From 8 N's to 350 HP.

I would never buy anew JD or NH.

When my cuzin bought a new Ford 5000- 10 Spd . automatic. Whoo ee . Still runnin'

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I agree on the model line and quality. My NH was the T4.75 and have yet to hear of anyone liking them. We mostly use our bucket tractor to load/haul round bales and feed cattle in the winter. We have bigger stouter tractors for the grunt work. So I don't really need the stoutest tractor like you do. But I do want it to work like it's supposed to when you are paying $45,000 plus (2014 model).

Yessir.

I use my Mahindra 75hp for short jobs, like putting out hay, etc.

The reason I do is that it doesn't have a diesel particulate filter system, or use DEF. I think Mahindra spent like $30 million bucks developing those engines to not have the reg-gen requirement because they burn clean enough to meet govt standards without it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cisco1
I did not know Mahindra had dropped their 100 HP tractors. I bought a new 2016 last year. It's OK.

To the question: I have had numerous NH - JD and Kubota tractors.

I would ONLY have Kubota of those 3.

I have spent many , many hours on the farm on Farmalls . Olivers, AC WD 45's, Ford. From 8 N's to 350 HP.

I would never buy anew JD or NH.

When my cuzin bought a new Ford 5000- 10 Spd . automatic. Whoo ee . Still runnin'

Mahindra dropped the higher horsepower models because they were made by TYM for them. (TYM tractors had issues.)

The tractors they make themselves with Mahindra engines are better. I hear they may team up with Mitsubishi to design some higher HP tractors before too long.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Yessir.

I use my Mahindra 75hp for short jobs, like putting out hay, etc.

The reason I do is that it doesn't have a diesel particulate filter system, or use DEF. I think Mahindra spent like $30 million bucks developing those engines to not have the reg-gen requirement because they burn clean enough to meet govt standards without it.
Gotta wonder what tech they use to avoid DEF/DPF.

I love my kubota, but at 26 hp not in your ballpark.

Any insight on any of the brand forums like orange tractor talk?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Gotta wonder what tech they use to avoid DEF/DPF.

I love my kubota, but at 26 hp not in your ballpark.

Any insight on any of the brand forums like orange tractor talk?

Here's what I know about the mCRD technology... Instead of having a DPF that burns hot, the system burns perhaps a bit warmer and cleaner at higher injection pressures all the time, so smoke doesn't show up in the exhaust.

They don't get into it real heavy. Probably because it's patented technology.

https://www.mahindrausa.com/--mcrd-technology

As far as the Orange... I think Kubotas are good products. The dealer we have here is good as well, with a good reputation. But after trying a couple of times, I just can't seem to get with them on price. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
When the DPF fails just delete it. Win, win.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Wish you luck in your search.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unless you’re overly hard on equipment I would run that Case for another 2500 hours.

I have a 9 year old 125hp green tractor with roughly the same hours, set up much the same as your red tractor. I have every intention to be driving it 9 years from now.

Mine is worth more than I paid for it 5 years ago, but the new ones bring that much more. Mine is also pre DEF, that’s worth something to me.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Unless you’re overly hard on equipment I would run that Case for another 2500 hours.

I have a 9 year old 125hp green tractor with roughly the same hours, set up much the same as your red tractor. I have every intention to be driving it 9 years from now.

Mine is worth more than I paid for it 5 years ago, but the new ones bring that much more. Mine is also pre DEF, that’s worth something to me.

That's an option I'm considering.

I know there's going to be stuff break down I'm going to have to fix to keep running. The crystal ball question is how much major stuff, and how much money?

My tractor now is worth quite a bit, and takes a lot off the price of a new one.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Damn. Went and looked at Green tractors today. Holy Chit. $$$$! eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
In 2017 after looking at CIH and JD , I bought a Kubota M6 131. So far, so good but only 270 hours on the clock. It has DEF and DPF. Kubota replaced the DEF header last year under warranty although I did not have any problem with mine. I went with this model because of the horsepower range and the fact that it has a 6.1 liter engine instead of the 4.5 liters the JD and CIH had. They are all 4 cylinders now unless your get into higher horsepower. It has all the bells and whistles and is easy to operate and is very comfortable. I would at least go look at the Kubotas.

If it were me, I'd probably keep your old Case. Sam Olson would say buy something older without DPF and DEF. I looked for one before I bought the Kubota and gave up.

https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/008/5/1/8515-kubota-m6-131.html

Last edited by AnsonRogers; 07/12/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Green paint is spendy, especially new green paint.

I’ve never owned a new one, I come from a line of 2nd & 3rd hand Deere owners. It’s a hard habit to break. 🤓

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Green paint is spendy, especially new green paint.

I’ve never owned a new one, I come from a line of 2nd & 3rd hand Deere owners. It’s a hard habit to break. 🤓

Apples to Apples in features and horsepower... $26k more than the New Holland out of the box. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
In 2017 after looking at CIH and JD , I bought a Kubota M6 131. So far, so good but only 270 hours on the clock. It has DEF and DPF. Kubota replaced the DEF header last year under warranty although I did not have any problem with mine. I went with this model because of the horsepower range and the fact that it has a 6.1 liter engine instead of the 4.5 liters the JD and CIH had. They are all 4 cylinders now unless your get into higher horsepower. It has all the bells and whistles and is easy to operate and is very comfortable. I would at least go look at the Kubotas.

If it were me, I'd probably keep your old Case. Sam Olson would say buy something older without DPF and DEF. I looked for one before I bought the Kubota and gave up.

https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/008/5/1/8515-kubota-m6-131.html

Looks like a nice tractor!

I'd tear something up with that much horsepower... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

361 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 31 invisible), 2,040 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,064
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.