Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
Seems to be a lot of surmising about Harley riders and it's negative. You don't see me going after bicycle riding which I know you enjoy. I guess I get a little tired of it especially if a person has no experience.

I have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with Harley riders. I used to go to the Gulfport MS Memorial Day Blowout and participate in the flag ceremony. I always enjoyed myself. The Bandidos set up there. Several Christian biker groups set up too. Interesting cross section of society. The cultural influences are undeniable. When you buy a Harley, you buy into a culture.
Thanks for sharing that Paul. That has been my experience also. I don't care what a person rides or does for fun, as long as it isn't wierd lol. I've had Lot of different bikes but for me I love Harleys. I would say you will find very few libtards on Harleys. Always some idiots with everything though.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Those two riding side by side and pushing the other lane are sure indicators that they are raging dickheads.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Seems to be a lot of surmising about Harley riders and it's negative. You don't see me going after bicycle riding which I know you enjoy. I guess I get a little tired of it especially if a person has no experience.

I have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with Harley riders. I used to go to the Gulfport MS Memorial Day Blowout and participate in the flag ceremony. I always enjoyed myself. The Bandidos set up there. Several Christian biker groups set up too. Interesting cross section of society. The cultural influences are undeniable. When you buy a Harley, you buy into a culture.
Thanks for sharing that Paul. That has been my experience also. I don't care what a person rides or does for fun, as long as it isn't wierd lol. I've had Lot of different bikes but for me I love Harleys. I would say you will find very few libtards on Harleys. Always some idiots with everything though.

My kids were amazed at this. They said after they got their first Harleys, that it was like they got a new family. That’s how virtually every Harley rider I’ve crossed paths with is. Family.

However, riding side by side is a fool’s errand.

Last edited by gregintenn; 07/12/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Side by side is for Main Street parades. Suicide otherwise. Period.

Or maybe at a stoplight, guy goes first is six inches in front so nobody gets confused.

When I did the Marin Sunday Ride even just leaving gas it was staggered and then nose to tail, if you could keep up, that is. But just WAIT for that ladder, mattress, wood blocking, oil can, dead deer or whatever.....

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have ridden motorcycles all my life, and many times done tandem riding like this. It's legal in my State. I don't consider it unsafe if done together with another experienced rider.
Tailgating is unsafe. It's hard to see from this photo, if indeed, the riders are tailgating. Doesn't look like it to me.

Side by side is the HA preferred riding method. Almost mandatory.

Last edited by mrmarklin; 07/12/23.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by memtb
It’s really not surprising! The majority of people are piss poor drivers/riders……automobiles or otherwise! And a large percentage of Harley riders are riding to fulfill a “status symbol” need, they so desperately want! memtb
Ever ridden a Harley?

Nope! Much prefer comfort, modern technology, reliability, and fuel mileage! Oh…..there was one Harley that I dreamed of owning, an XR 750, back when they dominated the 1/2 thru 1 mile dirt tracks. But, I was much younger then, and they’re no longer the bike to be beaten……they are the “beaten bike”!

I no longer ride, nor have a desire to do so…..but also, I was never was one of the “cool kids” or a wannabe tough guy! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 07/12/23.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Coming through the mountains in my truck, a Yamaha tenere came up behind me moving at a hood pace, first straight stretch I slowed and waved him around.
Followed him through 6-8 curves and have never seen someone hold a line that well at speed through the twisty’s. Same place in his lane at all times. Pretty sweet to watch.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Hey, we’ve had enough bicycle threads.

These two guys on dresser Harleys were Westbound on I 84 in moderate traffic. I was traveling along in the same direction and always watch motorcycles with an interest as I lived on them for some years.

[Linked Image from ]

First off, blitzing along at 80+ in a 65 where traffic allowed in NY State was only on them. I would figure a ticket would be a probable outcome in that heavily policed State but maybe they were Cops (I didn’t catch the State they were from on their plates).

What I wouldn’t do is that they were riding along, almost side by side but with the rearmost guy in the other’s blind spot. That and the fact that, in that formation, they were actually tailgating people in the fast lane to move em out of the way.

Back in my motorcycle days we woulda been staggered at two second intervals and not stupid enough to try and PO four wheeled drivers.

They looked like middle aged guys packed for a road trip. Doesn’t mean they knew what they were doing tho. I’m recalling the two guys on dressers I met in West Texas four years back who didn’t have the first clue what to do in case of a flat.

Your pic can be a bit deceiving - since it appears to me that they are not actually tailgating the vehicle ahead.. 80 in a 65? HAH. You would get run over in MN with that speed.. Also note that the riders are in the same lane spot as the tires of the vehicle ahead.. That's critical - since the one ahead might be avoiding an object in the middle of the road by straddling it.. Experienced bikers know to never follow in the center of the lane when it's impossible to see what's ahead.

Re: speed; Just to STAY with traffic once on my trip from Nashville to home, I had to have the cruise set at 85 - and I passed maybe one or two vehicles per hour, maybe...

"In the other guy's blind spot" is also deceiving, since it's obvious they know each other and know the other's driving habits... I do agree though that side-by-side driving with two big baggers can be not the safest thing.. I always ride staggered when there's another rider or two in the same group.

Just me, but I think you're being a bit over critical.. But then, I don't know your experience.. I've ridden around 55 years on two wheels w/o a hiccup (to date, LOL) and the utmost thing a rider needs to do is PAY ATTENTION...

Last edited by Redneck; 07/12/23.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Big bad outlaws on those terrible Harley Davidsons probably even have tattoos. I seen you post before passing judgement on those darn Harley Riders. I've ridden them for over 40 years still ride a semi custom Road King. I'd like to see you tell one face to face what you think.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Big bad outlaws on those terrible Harley Davidsons probably even have tattoos. I seen you post before passing judgement on those darn Harley Riders. I've ridden them for over 40 years still ride a semi custom Road King. I'd like to see you tell one face to face what you think.

Lol 😆

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I know.lots of chicken [bleep] wussies that spent 25k+ on a Harley to find out that purchasing a HD does.not make.one instantly tougher than everybody else

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Funny, not haha funny, but funny, weird, odd that the haters present fugging cartoons to present their case. Comes up every time.

What age group or education level watches that stuff?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Motorcycles are in the same camp as performance cars, ATVs, and host host of other toys, including guns. They’re wonderful things, and I have played around with my share, but I have always tried to be respectful even while I was playing.
Terry Micklel from the other thread lost his legs above the knee on a bike doing the stuff you’re describing. His older brother Gary hit a car head on in a one lane bridge, catapulting himself into an apple tree!
I have had a friend killed outright on a 4 wheeler and another who survived long enough to become an organ donor at the hospital.
Like I said, they’re great as long as you’re respectful, but will nail your azz if you get to thinking you’re He Man!
Gunzo, I’m 58 and I love South Park!!! grin
7mm

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 07/12/23.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
That's fine buster, enjoy. But fail to see the comparison when the HD's comes up.

Maybe I should try a show or two, but don't hear well enough to understand them. and,,,those eyes freak me out.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 9point3

I know.lots of chicken [bleep] wussies that spent 25k+ on a Harley to find out that purchasing a HD does.not make.one instantly tougher than everybody else

So have I whats your point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Coming through the mountains in my truck, a Yamaha tenere came up behind me moving at a hood pace, first straight stretch I slowed and waved him around.
Followed him through 6-8 curves and have never seen someone hold a line that well at speed through the twisty’s. Same place in his lane at all times. Pretty sweet to watch.

That wasn't me.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Always like your humor Paul. Have to ask how fast have you gone on one of your machines.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Big bad outlaws on those terrible Harley Davidsons probably even have tattoos. I seen you post before passing judgement on those darn Harley Riders.

Only criticism I’ve ever made about Harley riders is long, slow moving columns of them with serious expressions holding up faster-moving traffic in the Texas Hill Country. There ain’t enough Harley riders in the Hill Country to do that much anymore.

[/quote]I've ridden them for over 40 years still ride a semi custom Road King. I'd like to see you tell one face to face what you think.[/quote]

I used to ride quite a lot with a guy on a Shovelhead sporster, that thing would shake itself apart at the speeds we rode grin This was forty years ago, back when Shovels were still in widespread circulation. When guys would run a finger in a pipe to see if it was getting time for a rebuild.

For a while too I got with a woman who had her own Lowrider. Sometimes she would let me ride it. One time we were riding along and a pack of big ol’Harley guys passed in the opposite direction. Me and them were waving like brothers. She was a little ways behind on my Yamaha, none of them waved at her grin

I got nothing against Harleys, beautiful bikes, but I did expect those two guys to ride better.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Big bad outlaws on those terrible Harley Davidsons probably even have tattoos. I seen you post before passing judgement on those darn Harley Riders.

Only criticism I’ve ever made about Harley riders is long, slow moving columns of them with serious expressions holding up faster-moving traffic in the Texas Hill Country. There ain’t enough Harley riders in the Hill Country to do that much anymore.
I've ridden them for over 40 years still ride a semi custom Road King. I'd like to see you tell one face to face what you think.[/quote]

I used to ride quite a lot with a guy on a Shovelhead sporster, that thing would shake itself apart at the speeds we rode grin This was forty years ago, back when Shovels were still in widespread circulation. When guys would run a finger in a pipe to see if it was getting time for a rebuild.

For a while too I got with a woman who had her own Lowrider. Sometimes she would let me ride it. One time we were riding along and a pack of big ol’Harley guys passed in the opposite direction. Me and them were waving like brothers. She was a little ways behind on my Yamaha, none of them waved at her grin

I got nothing against Harleys, beautiful bikes, but I did expect those two guys to ride better.[/quote]

Sorry but there is NO such thing as a Shovelhead Sportster! A Shovelhead is a Big Twin. A Sportster is not a Big Twin.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good thread Birdie, nobody thought you were raggin on HD riders, or any other brand for that matter.

Just the haters or not knowing chiming in trying to turn the thread into something else.

Unbelievable, the comments made sometimes by the the unknowing, too much really to debate or discredit. Fools that are just a waste of time.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,486 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,680
Posts18,493,876
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.