Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is an insignificant matter but I have noticed that my bleach in whatever brand is now in 3.78 quart (121 ounce) jugs instead of a full gallon. What's up with that? I guess maybe shorting you 7 ounces makes a lot of difference in profit and shipping costs when multiplied all over the country. I went to Dollar General and looked last night, it was the same for every brand.

Seems chickensheit to me.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
shrinkflation - you're just now noticing it?

Last edited by MikeL2; 07/12/23.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Biden getting his cut

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
This is an insignificant matter but I have noticed that my bleach in whatever brand is now in 3.78 quart (121 ounce) jugs instead of a full gallon. What's up with that? I guess maybe shorting you 7 ounces makes a lot of difference in profit and shipping costs when multiplied all over the country. I went to Dollar General and looked last night, it was the same for every brand.

You're just noticing this now?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
You're not supposed to notice or object to getting less product for the same or more money. Same way with ice cream. What used to be a half gallon is now is 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 quarts. All that printed money...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If you can stand to go to Walmart they sell swimming pool chlorine which is exactly the same chemical as Chlorox bleach but at 10% versus 7.5% in disinfecting bleach and sells for $5.67 for a full gallon.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I can remember when Purex came in a big brown glass bottle and it .37 cents.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by ModelT
I can remember when Purex came in a big brown glass bottle and it .37 cents.

I was banging the big bottles together to break them in back of a washateria when I was 8 or so. I’m looking at the scar on my right hand.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of all the shrinkflation items, the one that piss me off most is spaghetti sauce. I can’t feed 4 people on a current jar and using 2 jars is too much. End up putting half a jar in the fridge to end up spoiling with mold before I use it.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
That scheme is over 100 years old- - - - -started out with booze bottles smuggled in from Canada being 1/5 of a gallon instead of a quart during prohibition. That's where the term "fifth of liquor" came from!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pay more get less

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 348winchester
Of all the shrinkflation items, the one that piss me off most is spaghetti sauce. I can’t feed 4 people on a current jar and using 2 jars is too much. End up putting half a jar in the fridge to end up spoiling with mold before I use it.

Just add a can of crushed tomatoes and a little oregano to the jar of sauce- - - - -it increases the volume without altering the taste noticeably. I make spaghetti sauce 3 gallons at a time and can or freeze it- - - -better than anybody's store bought and it keeps for a year either way. We never let it last that long, thiough.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

A solution.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
They put spaghetti sauce in jars? 😳

Holy chit.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Hastings

You are better off than me. I just bought Clorox and it was in a 117 Oz jug for $7.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ironbender
They put spaghetti sauce in jars? 😳

Holy chit.

Incredibly stupid or disingenuous.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MikeL2
shrinkflation - you're just now noticing it?

Yep.
Still can buy a gallon of gas or diesel for the time being.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Drink it.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We must be lucky out this way... My wife is still buying gallon jugs of bleach.... 128 ounces., for like $3.00 or something...

Maybe she's getting it from the meth dealers who sell it behind the Walmart Parking Lot....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently replaced all the old fluorescence lighting in my store room with new LEDs, I'd put 6 two lamp, 4 ft fixtures in long ago, 40 watts per bulb, 80 watts per fixture giving me 480 watts of light, my target had been 500 watts, 480 was close enough.

Some years back I relamped all 6 fixtures with state of the art new 'energy efficient' bulbs, I haven't been able to see well in there since. While removing all the old fixtures to install the LEDs I noticed those 'energy efficient' bulbs were only 32 watts each.

That only adds up to 384 watts of light, a far cry from my 500 watt target, that's why I couldn't see well in there. There was nothing 'energy efficient' about those bulbs at all, they just gave me less light!

Well, the LEDs fixed that, I'm up to 750 watts of light in there now.
But that's when I noticed the label on the bag of dog food I've been buying, it's 12 pounds, they use to be 15 pounds, who the hell buys 12 pounds of anything? It's not eggs were talking about here.

Now I gotta go check my bleach to see if they are skimping on the gallon there too.

It's a set-up, a conspiracy!

They started with schitty lighting so we couldn't see these labels on our stuff, how many slices of bread have they been shorting those loaves I've been buying?

Them sticks of butter been looking kinda short too.

Next thing you know their gonna start using metric measures for the weight of beef we buy so none of use will ever again really know how much that flat of burger actually weighs.

What's next, the imperial gallon of gas at the filling station?

We're screwed, but we really don't know by how much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,658
Posts18,493,515
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.