Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I dunno, never owned a Harley.
I never would have guessed that. LOL

It was always on my bucket list, almost like a religious obligation. But late eighties/early nineties whatever motorcycle I had was my only transportation.

You may remember how often Harley’s got stolen back then, mostly by Outlaw Clubs or people affiliated with them. No way I coulda left one in an apartment parking lot or even after dark at work.

So the “forever bike”, the one I was gonna keep forever, was a ‘94 BMW GSPD. Almost the last year of production for the classic Airhead boxer. It was a classic, a “real” motorcycle, I could park that thing next to any bike, anywhere.

It also turned out to be mechanically one of the worst bikes BMW ever built grin Couldn’t hardly ride it around the block without a problem. Sold it off at two years and 52,000 miles. Ain’t bought a motorcycle since, after I got married I didn’t need one to meet women, and a kid and dogs wouldn’t fit.

I could buy a Sporty tomorrow. Dunno if I wanna go looking for chicks this late in the game tho, and then there’s my dogs.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I rode a Shovelhead for many years and loved it. I just get tired of the stereotyping. On a positive note I have a biology degree and have been an avid bird watcher all my life, though not as avid as you are. When I was a kid I used to collect bird eggs, blow them out and label them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
Big bad outlaws on those terrible Harley Davidsons probably even have tattoos. I seen you post before passing judgement on those darn Harley Riders.

Only criticism I’ve ever made about Harley riders is long, slow moving columns of them with serious expressions holding up faster-moving traffic in the Texas Hill Country. There ain’t enough Harley riders in the Hill Country to do that much anymore.
I've ridden them for over 40 years still ride a semi custom Road King. I'd like to see you tell one face to face what you think.

I used to ride quite a lot with a guy on a Shovelhead sporster, that thing would shake itself apart at the speeds we rode grin This was forty years ago, back when Shovels were still in widespread circulation. When guys would run a finger in a pipe to see if it was getting time for a rebuild.

For a while too I got with a woman who had her own Lowrider. Sometimes she would let me ride it. One time we were riding along and a pack of big ol’Harley guys passed in the opposite direction. Me and them were waving like brothers. She was a little ways behind on my Yamaha, none of them waved at her grin

I got nothing against Harleys, beautiful bikes, but I did expect those two guys to ride better.[/quote]

Sorry but there is NO such thing as a Shovelhead Sportster! A Shovelhead is a Big Twin. A Sportster is not a Big Twin.[/quote]
Beat me to it. The Sportsters of that era were Ironheads. I rode one in High school.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always like your humor Paul. Have to ask how fast have you gone on one of your machines.

I don't ride fast as a rule. That said, I had a Yamaha FJR 1300 up to 130 on a drag strip and my Suzuki SV1000 up to 130 on a back road. My current Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 has seen 95. This is my kind of riding...just getting away from it all.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 07/12/23.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Big bad outlaws on those terrible Harley Davidsons probably even have tattoos. I seen you post before passing judgement on those darn Harley Riders.

Only criticism I’ve ever made about Harley riders is long, slow moving columns of them with serious expressions holding up faster-moving traffic in the Texas Hill Country. There ain’t enough Harley riders in the Hill Country to do that much anymore.
I've ridden them for over 40 years still ride a semi custom Road King. I'd like to see you tell one face to face what you think.

I used to ride quite a lot with a guy on a Shovelhead sporster, that thing would shake itself apart at the speeds we rode grin This was forty years ago, back when Shovels were still in widespread circulation. When guys would run a finger in a pipe to see if it was getting time for a rebuild.

For a while too I got with a woman who had her own Lowrider. Sometimes she would let me ride it. One time we were riding along and a pack of big ol’Harley guys passed in the opposite direction. Me and them were waving like brothers. She was a little ways behind on my Yamaha, none of them waved at her grin

I got nothing against Harleys, beautiful bikes, but I did expect those two guys to ride better.[/quote]

Sorry but there is NO such thing as a Shovelhead Sportster! A Shovelhead is a Big Twin. A Sportster is not a Big Twin.[/quote]

Those Sportsters known as Ironheads are easily misnamed shovelheads due to the resemblance of the rocker boxes to the Shovel. A very innocent mistake IMO.

OTOH, I have an acquaintance that built the first Shovester, Shovel heads on a Sportster motor. Made a bike magazine or 2. A hundred years ago.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Always like your humor Paul. Have to ask how fast have you gone on one of your machines.

I don't ride fast as a rule. That said, I had a Yamaha FJR 1300 up to 130 on a drag strip and my Suzuki SV1000 up to 130 on a back road. My current Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 has seen 95. This is my kind of riding...just getting away from it all.

Cool that is fast !! I like to cruise to get away and relax also.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 9point3
Big bad outlaws on those terrible Harley Davidsons probably even have tattoos. I seen you post before passing judgement on those darn Harley Riders. I've ridden them for over 40 years still ride a semi custom Road King. I'd like to see you tell one face to face what you think.

I know.lots of chicken [bleep] wussies that spent 25k+ on a Harley to find out that purchasing a HD does.not make.one instantly tougher than everybody else

So have I whats your point.

My point is that telling a guy on a Harley what I think is just about the same as telling anybody else what I think. Harleys or Vespas, men are men and riding an HD doesn't make.you special. BTW I ride Road King

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Big bad outlaws on those terrible Harley Davidsons probably even have tattoos. I seen you post before passing judgement on those darn Harley Riders. I've ridden them for over 40 years still ride a semi custom Road King. I'd like to see you tell one face to face what you think.

I know.lots of chicken [bleep] wussies that spent 25k+ on a Harley to find out that purchasing a HD does.not make.one instantly tougher than everybody else

My rule of thumb was (and prob’ly still is) never buy a motorcycle you can’t pick back up all by yourself (ya I know all about grabbing the lowermost bar and walking it back up with your back to it).

Otherwise it could be really embarrassing if they found my remains next to my tipped-over motorcycle at some isolated desert overlook.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Cool that is fast !! I like to cruise to get away and relax also.

A piece of good advice I read….

Ride fast if you want, just don’t ride in a hurry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't been on my Roadglide since DonKnows got killed on his wideglide almost 2 years ago.

Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My point is that telling a guy on a Harley what I think is just about the same as telling anybody else what I think. Harleys or Vespas, men are men and riding an HD doesn't make.you special. BTW I ride Road King

Does riding a scooter in Deal's Gap make someone special?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Does riding a scooter in Deal's Gap make someone special?

My action hero 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yup if you can ride like that I'd say your "special".

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Harley Davidson should have went out of business back in the 60's , they created the whole Outlaw Vibe in this country. Bunch of trouble-making beardy face ain't had a bath hooligans - getting drunk and ripping up and down the roads.
Turning what would have been good women into biker-bimbos - tits hanging out dancing around half drunk. Kids don't need to be around ''harley types'' biker trash

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Harley Davidson should have went out of business back in the 60's , they created the whole Outlaw Vibe in this country. Bunch of trouble-making beardy face ain't had a bath hooligans - getting drunk and ripping up and down the roads.
Turning what would have been good women into biker-bimbos - tits hanging out dancing around half drunk. Kids don't need to be around ''harley types'' biker trash

Oh yeah.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by smokepole
I think you should have executed a citizen's arrest.

Or at least given them a stern talking to.

Maybe a reach-around while he's at it?

Youre thinking about what Smokeapole woulda done.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

The Accountant or the Dentist ? LOL !
Tell them to buy a muffler, fix the idle and clean up the oil !!

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Maybe a reach-around while he's at it?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Get off my lawn!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What’s the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?
The position of the dirt bag! grin
What do Harley’s have in common with German Shepherds?
They both love to ride in the back of pickups! grin
Sorry, I don’t have a dog in this fight. I just Couldn’t resist.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 44 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,642
Posts18,493,259
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.