Campfire Tracker
B
It's like my daughter's husband.

The way life should be.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
These damn people with these silly phones. If I say any more I will get banned by the moderators.

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Not just kids. My older sister, pushing 60 is addicted to her phone. Impossible to have any conversation without her glancing at her phone every 15 seconds. And when she does engage, it's one word answers.

Freaking rude AF! I just walk away and don't really interact. If she wants to have a normal human conversation with me anymore, she better put the phone away.

So disrespectful.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I teach HS. They cannot use a phone in class but as soon as they hit a hallway the phones come out. It almost takes dynamite to separate a kid from their phones. Phones are creating a generation of idiots living in a 2 inch world view and that is intentional because that generation will be very easy to control in the near future.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Absolutely not. Giving our kids cell phones was the biggest mistake we made. They are nothing but portals to Hell.

If you are going to give your kid a cell phone, make it a calls-only model and maybe...maybe text.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Cilly phones and tattooes get the ‘fire boomers twisted up…

😂😂😂😂😳😳👍😂😂

( except the campfire new hounds - they love the Faux news alerts )

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'll bet 1/2 the posts on this forum are posted by people in their 60s and 70s, and many posts come from their phones. It is what it is....

I see every bit as many boomers and Gen X glued to their phones in stores, restaurants, while stopped at red lights, etc. as I do millennials and Gen Y. EVERY BIT. That isn't to say it isn't an issue, but I am saying it isn't limited to 'young' people.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Its a shítty deal.....because that is how the kids communicate now.

You can't bow up and tell them to "call" their friends like we used to.

That isn't really a thing anymore....no matter how much we want it to be.

If possible....try and limit it to talk and text. There are parental controls available too.

Cell phones are kind of a necessary evil now.....but Snap Chat, Face Book Instagram and tik tok are not.

Don't let your kid have that shįt.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hate what they've done to society. Unless I'm expecting a really important call or update, mine stays in the car. What really pisses me off are the restaurants that want you to "scan a code", rather than give you a freakin' menu. I walk out. Also, parking meters are being phased out and they expect you to download some sort of "ap" to pay your quarter. Ain't doin' it...

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It would be worth your time to watch "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix.

It's not just the kids but they're starting this addiction young.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I'll bet 1/2 the posts on this forum are posted by people in their 60s and 70s, and many posts come from their phones. It is what it is....

I see every bit as many boomers and Gen X glued to their phones in stores, restaurants, while stopped at red lights, etc. as I do millennials and Gen Y. EVERY BIT. That isn't to say it isn't an issue, but I am saying it isn't limited to 'young' people.

You're fixin' to start trouble Sonny.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
It's across all age groups ..... for the Boomer haters out there ...... there IS a marked decrease in cell phone addiction once folks get to be in their 60's.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
It's across all age groups ..... for the Boomer haters out there ...... there is a marked decrease is cell phone addiction once folks get to be in their 60's.

Where?

The morgue?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It's across all age groups ..... for the Boomer haters out there ...... there is a marked decrease is cell phone addiction once folks get to be in their 60's.

Where?

The morgue?

Oh hi there! You want to see pictures of my latest great grand child???

It will only take a second......

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MAC
I teach HS. They cannot use a phone in class but as soon as they hit a hallway the phones come out. It almost takes dynamite to separate a kid from their phones. Phones are creating a generation of idiots living in a 2 inch world view and that is intentional because that generation will be very easy to control in the near future.

This, except it is FAR worse that MAC describes.

It brings out the absolute worst in people in so many ways. I've seen a drastic, dramatic, measureable decline in performance across numerous different areas or content and, worse, skills.

It is bad.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Where?

The morgue?

GFY Conrad.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Eagles nailed it! We're all prisoners of our own device.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Where?

The morgue?

Oh hi there! You want to see pictures of my latest great grand child???

It will only take a second......

And your point is ??????

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman

No doubt, a bunch of hypocrites reside here.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (260Remguy, 30Gibbs, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 257_X_50, 45 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,318
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.