Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
You have just demonstrated how Iphones have taken over people's lives. It used to be called "the art of conversation" and people used to listen to the words that other people spoke to them.
These days, words spoken to a person's face are ignored, while full attention is paid to the Iphone.
The Iphone is like a religious cult and most people have joined.

Less tongue in cheek, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It’s what you make of it.

Does it cause problems? Sure. It can.

Do i hate having a weather radar, or YouTube videos while working on something, or convenient shopping, or info in my hand? No.

It’s handy.

I’d rather someone txt me. Keeps me from having to listen to their rambling…

ESP handy for groups. Send one txt and everyone knows what the plan is….

#boomerskeepbooming

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Since 1/2/20 I have had the distinct displeasure of spending hours in doctor's offices waiting to be seen. At one time, people stuck waiting would talk to each other even if it was only discussing their ailments, but at least they were talking. Seems like these days as soon as they've checked in and sat down to wait their turn, out comes the cell phone, some texting, some playing games. Nobody converses anymore with the fellow man, not even senior or near senior citizens. It's not only just the kids anymore.
PJ

Last edited by PJGunner; 07/14/23.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
It’s what you make of it.

Does it cause problems? Sure. It can.

Do i hate having a weather radar, or YouTube videos while working on something, or convenient shopping, or info in my hand? No.

It’s handy.

I’d rather someone txt me. Keeps me from having to listen to their rambling…

ESP handy for groups. Send one txt and everyone knows what the plan is….

#boomerskeepbooming

The thread is not the benefits and drawbacks of cell phones or smart devices, its about their use in YOUNG people. its not about old geezers like you, its about kids in their formative years mentally, socially, and physically, altering their activities or forgoing developing others.

Its a huge issue.

That a bunch of 30 or 60 year old guys like cells for convenience or killing time isnt the question here.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (1936M71, 160user, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 2500HD, 21, 26 invisible), 12,448 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,232
Posts18,544,173
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.