Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SCgman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
As mention below in an earlier thread ive been looking at a citori O/U ......a gun i intend to hunt with ....

The 16 gauge grade II hunter satin is currently in my crosshairs.....the II/III grade wood is what lured me away from the grade I hunter.

Anybody got one, any experiences......

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What's the actual weight on that?

SCgman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Let me ask this.....regarding grade I vs grade II on the hunter....

Is the wood upgrade and the silver nitrate receiver worth the extra $170......or 8% increase?

SCgman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Weight is 6.75 lbs. Plus or minus

SCgman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For $700 more (36%) the 16 ga white lightning citori can be had but there is some question in the comments section as to the wood grade, and the product description doesn't mention an upgrade to III/IV......plus the chokes are extended in that model.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a grade III citori in 16 ga, a real nice gun. I would say if you’re going to buy a citori with upgraded wood, be sure you see it before buying. I’ve seen some with great wood and others very plain wood. Make sure you get what you’re paying for.

NRA Patron
SCgman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That would be ideal, but im likely halfway across the country from the gun.........big box store thing....

Thx for the reply

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Friend had a Gr 1. I think it would make a great all-around field gun. Not too light, not too heavy. Fast handling, well-balanced.

Save your money and get a Grade 1, so to avoid more figured wood. Straight, plain walnut is less likely to crack. And it will weigh less.

SCgman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thx sam....

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I had a dandy Citori Gran Lightening 16 ga w/28' barrels. Beautiful shotgun, extremely well made that I shot well. But from my perspective it was a bit chunky....and it went down the road for more than I bought it for. I found a 20 ga Beretta 686 O/U w/28" barrels to be much better carrying (12 ounces lighter) and a fine hunting gun. I still have it 22 years later.

I also added a 6#2oz AYA side-lock SxS 16 ga w/28" barrels, twin triggers and English straight grip stock and enjoy it a lot. And lately a 5.5# Beretta A400 Xplor 28 ga w/28" barrels gets the bulk of hunting time.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
??????
Wha'cha askin' us for?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I've got my own stories of, "I pick this one!" and 30 days later gritting my teeth and saying, "Why didn't I get the other one?"

With the guns you're talking about, you've got to be a man of means. Pick the one you want! 😉👍

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have 1 of those shot show special round knob white lightnings 28" barrels extended choke tubes. The frame is scaled down a bit from the 1st gen 16ga citoris. I like it..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m not real familiar with Browning’s current offerings, but I think a wood upgrade is alway worth a few hundred $. Traditionally, Browning’s blue finish is very good and it takes quite a few hundred more to improve upon it. A Citori 16 sounds great, BTW.

SCgman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sam_H
Friend had a Gr 1. I think it would make a great all-around field gun. Not too light, not too heavy. Fast handling, well-balanced.

Save your money and get a Grade 1, so to avoid more figured wood. Straight, plain walnut is less likely to crack. And it will weigh less.

Well, this is the route I took.........

Shout out to The Nichols Store in Rock Hill, SC

They have as good a selection of top shelf firearms, in stock and competitively priced, as I've encountered in SC........plenty of ammo too....

If you're ever passing thru SC on I-77, they're about a half mile west at exit 73......well worth a stop to visit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the nitrided receiver is a worthwhile upgrade. Tough stuff. Not sure what models it comes on, but I picked up a like-new 725 Field (12) and saved about $800 when the extra extended chokes are figured in. DS choke are also worth the extra cost. Dirt doesn’t make it past the brass ring to futz up the tube, and there’s a definite click that tells you they’re properly seated

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SCgman1
For $700 more (36%) the 16 ga white lightning citori can be had but there is some question in the comments section as to the wood grade, and the product description doesn't mention an upgrade to III/IV......plus the chokes are extended in that model.

You need to handle one of these, love the prince of Wales grip and round knob.i think they handle better than the hunter model..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sam_H

Well, this is the route I took.........

Shout out to The Nichols Store in Rock Hill, SC

They have as good a selection of top shelf firearms, in stock and competitively priced, as I've encountered in SC........plenty of ammo too....

If you're ever passing thru SC on I-77, they're about a half mile west at exit 73......well worth a stop to visit.

Nice. Congrats on the new shotgun!

Nichols store is pretty damn cool. I take the kids down for lunch every now and then.

Hyatt, up off 74 just west of downtown, is another great gun shop. Lots of beautiful OU’s on the racks.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
You need to handle one of these, love the prince of Wales grip and round knob.i think they handle better than the hunter model..mb
Same. I prefer the Prince of Wales grip. I have it both on my Citori Lightning and my Auto-5. I can shoot a pistol grip just fine, but something about the PoW is just "better" to me. Might just be nostalgia.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dan we're on the same page. Both my Sweet 16's the belgian and the jap are round knob. All my Citoris are Lightening models for the pow and rd knob...mb

SCgman1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

I have POW grip knob on a 12 ga skb/wthby orion......
That i love....so, its my sexy shotgun.....that i hope will see more bird shooting this year...

Plus, the skb platform served as my minimum standard for build quality.....l felt the miroku citori would be appropriate and a 16 ga. would be an acceptable recoil to grow old with........

Ran a few rounds through it last weekend.....all good.

The checkering is aggressive and gloves may be required.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,486
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.