Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Some foxes aren't all that bright. I saw one jumping above the tall grass late one afternoon. I didn't know he was in the area until he did so. I was about 200m away and he must've heard me approaching and wanted a better look to see what was making the noise. I got him a couple of days later.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We had a pet one at work for awhile he was quite but abit nippy when you tried to Pat him he used to hang around the smokers hut he was there for ages but must of made a mistake as he’s gone now
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by 35sambar; 07/02/23.

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Driving out last night and a mob of big boys stand there watching me plucked two out and added a couple average ones as well , loads of work to do on this place I’ve taken a hundred already and I saw at least 300 last night and that’s being conservative happy days the small buggers make it hard to get to the big ones [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You are quite the Roo Shooter, that's for sure!

Happy Hunting 35sambar cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 07/13/23.

KB

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks mate thought it would be something different for you guys hopefully one day I’ll get over your way and hunt a sheep that’s my dream and even though I thought I never would want to a brown bear or Grizz in Alaska looks like an awesome experience we shoot lots of stuff here but the country and variety on your end of the world Is amazing , that Billy Molls guy I watch all his stuff and dream about hunts over there all the time One Day I hope!

MUD
Over
BLOOD
IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Was over bowhunting in the Northern Territory a month ago. In a very small general store (Baraloola) in the frozen meat department they were offering Kangaroo tail, skin on. Cost was about $20 A for a 4# tail, which was probably 30" long and 3" in diameter at the base.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 35sambar
Thanks mate thought it would be something different for you guys hopefully one day I’ll get over your way and hunt a sheep that’s my dream and even though I thought I never would want to a brown bear or Grizz in Alaska looks like an awesome experience we shoot lots of stuff here but the country and variety on your end of the world Is amazing , that Billy Molls guy I watch all his stuff and dream about hunts over there all the time One Day I hope!

Sure is different, my biggest surprise is just how big some of them are.

Moose with a bow is also a lot of fun, not for the faint of heart! lol

Cheers

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Driving out last night and a mob of big boys stand there watching me plucked two out and added a couple average ones as well , loads of work to do on this place I’ve taken a hundred already and I saw at least 300 last night and that’s being conservative happy days the small buggers make it hard to get to the big ones [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's pretty cool. Apologies if it's been asked - what do the bigger kangaroos weigh?

WWP53D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
185 pounds Dressed (no head hoppers or guts) just the heart and lungs left in ) is the biggest I’ve gotten mate

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Cheers
Spent quite afew years behind a bow (loved my hoyts ) shot fallow deer and sambar deer with it but not many it’s hard work for sure , I love how close people get to them moose , I wouldn’t imagine there would be a lot around to hunt and many would spend all season just to see a legal one

MUD
Over
BLOOD
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Cheers
Spent quite afew years behind a bow (loved my hoyts ) shot fallow deer and sambar deer with it but not many it’s hard work for sure , I love how close people get to them moose , I wouldn’t imagine there would be a lot around to hunt and many would spend all season just to see a legal one

Ya, to me you only really understand how to hunt if you are a bowhunter. Anyone can stand 300 yards away and blast an animal into the next life.

You have to understand a lot more bow hunting, especially if you are on the ground and not in a tree stand.

Would be cool to have some Fosters with you sir!

KB

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Likewise mate if you’re ever In the country I’d have a beer maybe not a fosters! 😂 we drink great Northern down south here ironically I’m open to all types of hunting as each brings its challenges and advantages our bush is a hell of a lot different to yours most our deer live in the thickest most dense bush where 60yards is a long way cross gully hunting is more prevalent in the east from here or farm fringes offer longer shots but a lot of our country you couldn’t even take a horse dead fall and scrub kills you and you spend more time crawling on your knees good spots are sacred

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Likewise mate if you’re ever In the country I’d have a beer maybe not a fosters! 😂 we drink great Northern down south here ironically I’m open to all types of hunting as each brings its challenges and advantages our bush is a hell of a lot different to yours most our deer live in the thickest most dense bush where 60yards is a long way cross gully hunting is more prevalent in the east from here or farm fringes offer longer shots but a lot of our country you couldn’t even take a horse dead fall and scrub kills you and you spend more time crawling on your knees good spots are sacred

I have hunted in some very thick chit in Alberta in Grizz country, one time I got turned around and ended up in some stuff that was so thick I crawled out on my hands and knees following rabbit trails.

Another time I was bow hunting elk along a wide creek at daybreak and came across a huge pile of STEAMING Grizz poop, could not see past 6 feet into the brush on either side of the creek, that was nerve-racking.

Another time I shot a Mule Deer and it run into some 6 to 7 feet high Switchgrass that I could not see past a foot in front of me, while following his trail in the grass again I stumbled into some freshly made Grizz poop, that made the hair on the back stand to attention. Would not want to have a bear come at me in that stuff! GAME OVER!!!

It looked Like this

Last edited by KillerBee; 07/15/23.

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
185 pounds Dressed (no head hoppers or guts) just the heart and lungs left in ) is the biggest I’ve gotten mate

Big roo! That's about what a 3 y/o whitetail buck dresses here in the midwest.

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SKane

Big roo! That's about what a 3 y/o whitetail buck dresses here in the midwest.

That is not a big roo...that is an absolute monster, even with the tail and arms left on.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
When it dries out these blokes will be fighting for their life not each other ! smile
https://imgur.com/a/v8zG4DZ

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You would think that them Roos would be using their hind legs more than their Fists, way more power!

I would hate to be kicked by one!

KB

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If one had of got a proper headlock the rear legs would’ve come out I see some pretty nasty scars, there belly skin is thick like a buffalo neck on the males 5 times tougher than a female

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
If one had of got a proper headlock the rear legs would’ve come out I see some pretty nasty scars, there belly skin is thick like a buffalo neck on the males 5 times tougher than a female

In my neck of the woods, I worry about Grizzly Bears, they will eat you alive, just like Great Whites do down under.

Being killed by a Great White is considered a Mercy Killing compared to being eaten alive by a bear.

KB

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I laugh when you guys say everything will kill you in oz yet you guys have Grizz, cougar and cow moose , Roos aren’t safe but they ain’t no Grizz! , I had one square up on me last week my heart skipped a beat for a sec but I ended it quick thank God

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 43 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,246
Posts18,486,192
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.