Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
What says the fire?? This will be a 30mm tube scope and don't care about weight. TIA

GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I've always liked the look of the Warne rings. But what are you putting them on?

H&R Discussion Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqJrMvZZK
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by aether_tech
I've always liked the look of the Warne rings. But what are you putting them on?

Sako S20

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I'd skip both those, and go with Warne Mountain Tech Rings, if looks matter. The Mountain Tech ring's modern rounded faceted design would look pretty good on the S20.

[img]https://www.brownells.com/globalassets/10000/44/l_947000504_1.jpg[img]

Last edited by aether_tech; 07/13/23.

H&R Discussion Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqJrMvZZK
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm a fan of the Burris signature rings, plenty strong never leave ring marks on your scope and you can add elevation or windage with the inserts

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the Burris inserts, but the Zee ring split clamping design is just plain stupid. The tactical ones with the inserts are heavy, but solid. Mountain Techs are nice.

I like rings with the 1/2” nuts on the clamps these days.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Warne Mountain Tech. Had a few sets of Burris Zee rings, never could tell much difference between them and no-name $20 rings.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SinisterLefty
Warne Mountain Tech. Had a few sets of Burris Zee rings, never could tell much difference between them and no-name $20 rings.
Zee rings and Signature Zee rings are not the same. The concentric inserts add value and functionality that remains unique in the market. The XTR Signature is my preference over the Signature Zee, however.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Zee rings and Signature Zee rings are not the same. The concentric inserts add value and functionality that remains unique in the market. The XTR Signature is my preference over the Signature Zee, however.

It was the signature Zee rings then, the ones with the plastic inserts; besides the inserts, the rings themselves just seemed exceptionally "meh". If I have a rifle/scope combination that requires external shimming to allow for adequate windage adjustment, I'd prefer to fix the problem itself rather than band-aid it. I do understand why people use them, just not for me.

I will admit I'm spoiled by ARC rings, though.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I like the Burris inserts, but the Zee ring split clamping design is just plain stupid.
Explain that???

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I like the Burris inserts, but the Zee ring split clamping design is just plain stupid.
Explain that???

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
Explain that???

The ring has an angled cut that allows it to be squeezed against the base when the crossbolt is tightened actually bending it a bit. Often it needs to be pried open a bit to remove the ring. Every other maker, even Burris on other rings, uses a moving clamp that gets pulled straight across as it’s tightened. At the end of that cut, the remaining steel is pretty thin. I still have some because I like the inserts, but it’s an odd idea IMO.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Huntz
Explain that???

The ring has an angled cut that allows it to be squeezed against the base when the crossbolt is tightened actually bending it a bit. Often it needs to be pried open a bit to remove the ring. Every other maker, even Burris on other rings, uses a moving clamp that gets pulled straight across as it’s tightened. At the end of that cut, the remaining steel is pretty thin. I still have some because I like the inserts, but it’s an odd idea IMO.
Thanks for explaining.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Why are those your only choices?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Why are those your only choices?

They are not. I'm open to other suggestions. All of my Sako rifles have optilocks and all others have DNZ 1 piece. Looking for something trusted and don't want to spend $200 on rings if I don't have to.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Seekins then.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

... I'm using cheap Chinese junk on my hunting rifles but the bullets make acceptable groups on the target (1.5 MOA or better) and the pigs & deer are stone dead after the smoke clears ... of course in my hunting 200 yds is a long shot

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
I put XTR Signature rings on my S20. For some reason the integral rail doesn't seem perfectly aligned with the barrel, so I had to use the offset inserts to move the scope laterally a bit to keep it optically centered.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pricedo

... I'm using cheap Chinese junk on my hunting rifles but the bullets make acceptable groups on the target (1.5 MOA or better) and the pigs & deer are stone dead after the smoke clears ... of course in my hunting 200 yds is a long shot

The cheap Chinese junk tactical ones SWFA includes in their bundles work very well, and are nicely machined. Have some that were also half-priced. They are kinda bulky like the XTR Sigs.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The Signatures ARE now cheap chinese rings.
I've got a 12-15 year old set on my S20, Low, 30mm, Bushnell LRTSi 3x12-44. The scope is VERY close to the barrel, so close I can't get the lense covers on .
Also had a set of Warne Maxima [MUCH better quality] , Low, a little higher than the Signatures.
I've read the XTR's are better quality than the standard Signatures.

I have two sets of Signatures sitting around, got tired of trying to get a screw for the centerfire set. The rimfire set went on a CZ 452 22mag - screws were wobbly and loose. One stripped out when I torgued it down with a torgue wrench. Dealing with Burris during covid was a waste of time, I just stored them, need to get on the horn with Burris about it.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,596
Posts18,492,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.