Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by markopolo50
Originally Posted by ktk120
well i called about 20 FFL in DFW and not a single one will do an FFL to FFL transfer. They dont want the hassle. I have a C&R FFL 003. If it came to that I believe that should count as from an FFL to an FFL

ktk120, I believe you meant to say non-ffl to ffl transfer?

Yes thank you. Will not do a transfer on behalf of a non FFL is probably more accurate

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
1) ShipMyGun provides a list of FFL holders by zip code that have already agreed to receive your gun. They are listed in GREEN print and found during the SMG label creation process.

2) Ordering the UPS porch pickup is a separate transaction and you'll need a free UPS account with a credit card on file for billing.

3) My first UPS porch pickup was $14, the next two were both under $5. I don't know why the disparity but even $14 is a lot better than driving and rolling the dice at the Customer Counter. The SMG/UPS discount completely offsets the UPS pickup charge (which the buyer is paying anyway)...Tom

Last edited by thomasconnor; 07/17/23.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Another slap in the face for us: CABELAS/BASS PRO WILL NO LONGER SHIP TO HOME BASED FFL HOLDERS. Unreal!

RAVENS & WOLVES
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You can't even trust FedEx. Had a friend who sent a couple of handguns to jack Huntington for work. On the return shipment from FedEx someone open the box and took one of the handguns and retake the box and shipped only one firearm to my body. Had to go through all the claims and such to finally get reimbursed for the missing handgun. Problem is to replace that handgun is getting harder to find on the used market.

MAGA! This is the way!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
I always drop mine off (already labeled) at the local drug store/ups drop off ….that’s down the street from my Bud’s ffl shop. Never had any issue. Maybe they assume it’s from the shop? I don’t know, and don’t care. I’ll likely keep doing it that way. Someone is going to charge them with firearm theft, or violating something, if they start ‘confiscating’ legally shipped items….UPS isn’t LE and if they didn’t refuse it to begin with, inform up front, or even ask a question about it during the label/shipping process, their ‘intended’ policy is pretty worthless IMO. Also, ATF regs state you can ship your firearms to yourself, without special labels, etc. AFAIK.
There is a legal issue with your plan. Fed law specifically states "Contact Carrier" is required to transport firearms. The UPS store type business is NOT a contract carrier. You must use the hub location or have the item picked up.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

698 members (10ring1, 16gage, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,964 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,306
Posts18,526,095
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.