Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hosfly
Son. Crack a couple raw eggs into whatever smoothie you like. They are are mostly tasteless an add lotta good stuff Plus. They help it all slide down the throat easily

Maybe... If my mom was still here and had her flock of Domineckers... Those birds never saw any chemicals or doctored feed.

I asked specifically about this. The chemo retards the immune system and what a healthy person might do, I can't.
I'm in a clinical trial, on the chemo. Was told that if I did that and became ill, I'd likely be dropped from the trial.
And the gal that explained this to me is not a pure laboratory specimen, herself. She is a proponent of Raw Milk, but not for me, at this time.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It seems to me that a smoothie of any kind would add weight more rapidly as it is basically pre-digested food allowing your body to absorb the nutrients more quickly.

Proud NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by johnw
The nutritionist tells me that yogurt and milk are gonna be mainstays. Did one of her smoothies tionight with yogurt, peanut butter, milk and whey protein. It also had avocado oil and honey. I could do it for a while, but it wasn't great...
The oil is key.

When I was walking 15-20 per day dragging carts around, I had to make up smoothies too. I used olive oil and avacado oil, IIRC about 2 TBSP, banana, yogurt, milk and an egg. I'd ditch the whey protein. I understand that the protein in that is messed up by the processing and that too much can be harmful to your health. You don't need it with the yogurt and milk and especially not if you use an egg.

Please explain the highlighted portion

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 07/16/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish the very best possible outcome. Will pray for you right now!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm not sure about the calorie part but I'll ask my brother who went through a similar chemo and radiation on his jaw as you.

For protein I would definitely take these supplements: (beef organs and bone marrow & liver)

https://shop.heartandsoil.co/collections/build-your-stack/

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Put schit that blends into a blender.

Drink it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Will they let you drink beer?

God Bless America
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Still losing weight. Saw the nutritionist yesterday, and she told me to add a scoop of ice cream to the smoothies and drink an extra one each day

One side of the inside of my mouth is now pretty much a big blister. Room temp chicken gravy is like eating gasoline.

3 Weeks left of these treatments. The effects are supposed to build for a couple of weeks after I'm (well) done...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't imagine. Hell I hate just a canker sore.

Hang in there man!

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck to you, John. That's a tough row to hoe but hopefully worth it in the end.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Wife has been living on Boost plus protein drinks since her radiation treatment. About two months now.

Her saliva glands are fried and she can't eat solid food.

Virgil B.

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
With everything, I consider myself blessed, as far as how things are progressing.

They told me that chemo would leave me weak, nauseated, and losing my hair. Maybe I will,but I'm 2/3 of the way through and none of that has popped up yet.

As a part of the chemo clinical trial, I'm receiving a weekly dose of Cetuximab. The stuff is known for and expected to produce a vivid red rash on face, scalp, and sometimes large parts of the body.

I had a brief rash on the crown of my head,and a lasting and painful rash from my nose to my chin, and both ears,and including my inner mouth. This stuff is intended to enhance the effects of the Radiation Therapy.
It does...

The RT itself is beamed at my upper jaw from just behind my nose to my sinuses, almost to the eyeball, and back behind my upper jaw and under my lower brain.
Got a brown looking strip that's peeling flesh inside and out, and that is the primary source of mouth pain. My ear lobe might just as well fall off.

But I have energy, and feel like doing things. I'm not splitting firewood, but I am walking and watching birds and stuff. Haven't been sick a day yet.
It is getting hard to eat, but I'm experimenting with the smoothies.
Found some big beautiful blueberries, and a small handful doesn't burn me. Also added spinach, and am sipping that one now. So far, so good...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And the nutritionist is in her 40s and hotter than new summer blacktop in full sun.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You need to be looking for high carb and high fat content for weight gain. Something like banana, avocado, peanut butter and cholate mixed in heavy cream.

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm primarily using whole milk, whole milk greek yogurt, Peanut butter, Avocado oil, honey and protein powder.

Recent additives are chocolate ice cream, blueberries, and spinach.

I bought a food additive called Green Vibrance. Took it to the nutritionist and she asked me to hold off it. She said it'd be great for any primarily healthy individual, but wanted to look at it closely before I used it.

The basic smoothie I'm making is listed as an 870 calorie drink. I am using larger portions of most ingredients and the addition of ice cream will surely help.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm primarily using whole milk, whole milk greek yogurt, Peanut butter, Avocado oil, honey and protein powder.

I bought a food additive called Green Vibrance. Took it to the nutritionist and she asked me to hold off it. She said it'd be great for any primarily healthy individual, but wanted to look at it closely before I used it.

The basic smoothie I'm making is listed as an 870 calorie drink. I am using larger portions of most ingredients and the addition of ice cream will surely help.
Add Two shots of vodka and you’re on track

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They're using body weight as a base indicator for how I'm eating. Their nutrient of primary importance is protein, to rebuild what they are destroying in me. Calories from carbs and fats are helpful for healing as well, I'm told

They'd like me to ingest 120-150 grams of protein daily. Easy if you can put away a steak, but that's 20-30 eggs worth.
I can do about 4 soft scrambled eggs at a sitting.
Peanut butter and protein powder in the smoothies are essential...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have been getting cod fish from Culvers, peeling off the breading and eating it in small bites.

Gonna try some at home, too, but I've not had much luck in keeping ovenbaked fish real moist. I'll play around.

Got a strange look from the nutritionist when I asked if she had a cod fish/egg smoothie recipe...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Add Two shots of vodka and you’re on track

On track to have the fire put out... grin

"Chances Will Be Taken"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I use the whey based unflavored protein powder in my smoothies. I buy it from Costco and it comes in a blue jug. I’ll also add organic coconut based MCT oil in the smoothies. Yogurt, frozen berries, a tablespoon of sugar, protein powder and about a quarter of a cup of raw whole milk or cream sometimes I use coconut milk or cream with coconut yogurt for a different flavor profile. It’s been my substitute for ice cream (sometimes) when I’m craving something cool.

I don’t have to have a smoothie to get my nutrition but if I can get healthy benefits from my “dessert” I will choose the healthy option 9 times out of 10.

John…I sure don’t envy you but you sound like you have a positive attitude and good command of your issues. I wish you all the BEST!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,596
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.