-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was at a friend's house, the guy lived across the street from my grandparents in Fabens (TX) and I was spending the week down there (I was 14 at the time). This guy's dad had a full wall of the living room full of rifles of all kinds and was into handloading and big game hunting, but the ol' man didn't seem to have the time of day for us youngsters. That's too bad, too because I don't doubt I could have learned a bunch from him. They had one of the biggest and best television sets you could get at that time also. I wonder what happened to that dude.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Summer job of pipeline construction while in college.

Amazing how they got through that asteroid belt with the computers they had then, one tenth or less powerful as our cell phone computers now.

Not seeing how the moon rover stayed tied to the lunar module on the trip. It was way to big to get it through the hatch.

Strangely, when NASA was asked recently why there have been no more moon landings, an official said they had "lost the recipe". Hummm.

So this isn’t something relatively recent for you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At the military Recreation site in Seward. I think we decided to stay and watch it rather than going fishing.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3 months and 20 days from popping out of my Mother.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I was at a friend's house, the guy lived across the street from my grandparents in Fabens (TX) and I was spending the week down there (I was 14 at the time). This guy's dad had a full wall of the living room full of rifles of all kinds and was into handloading and big game hunting, but the ol' man didn't seem to have the time of day for us youngsters. That's too bad, too because I don't doubt I could have learned a bunch from him. They had one of the biggest and best television sets you could get at that time also. I wonder what happened to that dude.
I have eaten some awfully good steaks and quail in Fabens, Texas! Hurrumph!

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Oh, wait a minute, I wasn't in Curaçao (that must have been in August), because I remember watching him step out of the lander, live, in our living room. My older brother made me stay up for it, because he said I'd never forgive myself if I slept through it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pedaling my arse off, I had a flat on my bicycle and I wanted to be home in time to watch.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
On leave...Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. My family went to my uncle's motel to watch it with him and my grandfather. I remember when Neil Armstrong was coming down the ladder, my grandfather got up and left the room...he said "It just can't be real."

This from a man that grew up before electricity. Up until a year before this he had a 9N Ford tractor, but still farmed mostly with horses.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Huntz
I don`t remember the whole year of 1969 .
LOL

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Amazing how they got through that asteroid belt with the computers they had then, one tenth or less powerful as our cell phone computers now.

Not seeing how the moon rover stayed tied to the lunar module on the trip. It was way to big to get it through the hatch.

Strangely, when NASA was asked recently why there have been no more moon landings, an official said they had "lost the recipe". Hummm.

Define "cell phone computer" and identify which "asteroid belt" you're referring to please.....I just want to learn more about the moon landing conspiracy.

Thanks buddy.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CraigD
On leave...Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. My family went to my uncle's motel to watch it with him and my grandfather. I remember when Neil Armstrong was coming down the ladder, my grandfather got up and left the room...he said "It just can't be real."

This from a man that grew up before electricity. Up until a year before this he had a 9N Ford tractor, but still farmed mostly with horses.
My grandmother was the same way. She had always maintained that God wouldn't allow it, and would strike the vessel down before he'd allow it to land. Her first inclination was to deny that it happened even after it did, but once Walter Cronkite announced that an American astronaut had stepped foot on the moon, she said she had to believe it was true.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
At the military Recreation site in Seward. I think we decided to stay and watch it rather than going fishing.
Are saying they broadcast it live to Seward. At Fort Greely we could only listen to it on the radio as there was no live broadcast to Alaska at the time. Everything came in on a 2 week delay. I remember that the US went to great pains to make sure the rest of the world got to see it live but I guess they forgot about us at Fort Greely.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I was at my dad's house, celebrating my 1st wedding anniversary and watching man walk on the moon.

Also my first anniversary but just where i was .i cant remember

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Define "cell phone computer" and identify which "asteroid belt" you're referring to please.....I just want to learn more about the moon landing conspiracy.

Thanks buddy.
Amazing what an ignoramus jag has turned out to be on anything even remotely connected to science. He's likely meaning to refer to the Van Allen radiation belt around the earth. They merely navigated the vessel through its weakest point.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Summer camp, Camp McCoy, Wisconsin.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I have eaten some awfully good steaks and quail in Fabens, Texas! Hurrumph!

Aahhh, yes. Dieter's steak house (Cattleman's Steakhouse) out at Indian Cliffs. I think the last time I ate there may have been at least thirty years ago. Maybe I should make it a point to drop in there next time I pass through.

Fabens was where I was wrapped in swaddling clothes and I spent a lot of time down there even after the family moved to El Paso. I (and other family members) had a lot of interesting experiences down there, from UFO viewing to jackrabbit hunting to exploring and finding machine guns the US Army had somehow managed to lose track of. Many, many memorable things took place in July, in fact.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Phu Cat Airbase 4th Special Operations detachment..

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was at home, Dad, Mom, my bachelor uncle and I watched it all. Uncle dozed off, I woke him up saying how important and historic the night was; he said something like "You think this is real? They're just out in Arizona or someplace like that pretending to be on the moon." He was a bit...unusual.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Just graduated from high school. Was driving around a west
Kansas lake, drinking beer with a friend, and looking for girls. We were listening to news reports of it on the radio.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Thanks buddy.
Amazing what an ignoramus jag has turned out to be on anything even remotely connected to science.
Just ask doc about adrenochrome.

lol

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, BALLISTIK, 10 invisible), 1,380 guests, and 789 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,502
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.