Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am a lazy gardener so I ran 3/4” PVC underground to each bed for drip irrigation…the hard part is done. Ten Fall tomato transplants in the 2x8's, multiple pepper transplants including TAM Jalapeño, Serrano and Tabasco for now in the 4x8. Direct seeded Butternut and Acorn squash along the short trellis, Early Bantam corn in the 2x8, National Pickling and Muncher cucumbers along the tall trellises, a mix of Spring peppers in bags that are still producing including Carolina Reaper, Ghost, Aji Lemon, Hot Cherry and Scorpion.

I bagged the peppers because my EX girlfriend planted [bleep] that took over all the beds including squash, mint, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprouts and peas. The peppers did okay but would have been far better off in the ground IMO.

I noticed the soil is dense and needs comport after turning it over but it will have wait until winter.

Post up your garden pics!

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nice looking set up there.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I usually abandon the garden after mid July and plant again the end of August. No reason to waste water all through the period plants won't put on. This spring I killed it with the peppers and did ok with tomatoes. This fall I am going to focus more on Tomatoes, cucumbers and cataloupes.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Nice looking set up there.

Thanks

Dave

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rickt300
I usually abandon the garden after mid July and plant again the end of August. No reason to waste water all through the period plants won't put on. This spring I killed it with the peppers and did ok with tomatoes. This fall I am going to focus more on Tomatoes, cucumbers and cataloupes.

What County?

Will you start your own seeds or buy transplants?

Dave

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Our garden. We are in the wrong state at the right time to grow a garden.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice setup I'm lazy to have a pvc setup with 12 soaker hoses 12 rows also have a automictic timer setup water daily in this heat at 8:00 a.m. for 30-45 minutes.Went on vacation for 8 days and plants looked good when i got back. Had to do some weeding though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice setup I'm lazy to have a pvc setup with 12 soaker hoses 12 rows also have a automatic timer setup water daily in this heat at 8:00 a.m. for 30-45 minutes.Went on vacation for 8 days and plants looked good when i got back. Had to do some weeding though.

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM

[img]

LOL, that's funny Ed...I took a trip to see my stepsister in Idaho Falls and was quite impressed with Idaho!

Dave

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Riverc
Nice setup I'm lazy to have a pvc setup with 12 soaker hoses 12 rows also have a automictic timer setup water daily in this heat at 8:00 a.m. for 30-45 minutes.Went on vacation for 8 days and plants looked good when i got back. Had to do some weeding though.

I have a timer and it will be hooked up once the drip system is complete.

Dave

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by EdM

[img]

LOL, that's funny Ed...I took a trip to see my stepsister in Idaho Falls and was quite impressed with Idaho!

We spend a night there when we drive up.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by rickt300

What County?

Will you start your own seeds or buy transplants?

Johnson, seems like we are in a dryspot bubble. not much rain at all for a while though it has rained nearby many times. For fall I start my seeds inside but in spring I usually buy plants from Atwoods. Their quality varies.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by Riverc

I have a timer and it will be hooked up once the drip system is complete.

I have done that a couple of times. My soil holds water so poorly I can water in the morning and have to water again in the evening. One thing that is helpful is to run the soaker hoses under carpet and plant in holes in said carpet. Saves a ton of water.

Dog I rescued in January

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This years sweet corn patch. Doing well and is thick and green. Some stalks just starting to tassel out. Everything goes right I should be swimming in sweet corn in about 3 weeks. If it does like other years this patch should produce somewhere north of 300 dozen. My best year with it was 425 dozen.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That a hell of a nice patch of sweet corn!

Dave

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
How do you keep the coons out?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
In about a week I’ll be overrun with tomatoes

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How do you keep the coons out?

Dog proof traps with a marshmallow for bait and drizzled on the outside with strawberry syrup will clean a coon tribe up, quick. I borrow 4 or 5 from a buddy. Strategically placed and that's all you need. Last yr I had a minimal amount of damage early in the milk stage of corn. By the time the corn was ready the thievery was long over.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A radio, or hot wire will work.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
This years sweet corn patch. Doing well and is thick and green. Some stalks just starting to tassel out. Everything goes right I should be swimming in sweet corn in about 3 weeks. If it does like other years this patch should produce somewhere north of 300 dozen. My best year with it was 425 dozen.

Wow, that sweet corn is beautiful, sweet corn is my favorite. Haven't had good corn since we left Idaho in 82. The corn we get up here is chit. Enjoy it, you're a lucky man!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1936M71, 16penny, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 886 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,807
Posts18,496,383
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.