Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Would appreciate yall's opinion on which is best bang for the buck.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Why would you pay for any of that?
None of it is worth a dime.

Politics is War by Other Means
H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Why would you pay for any of that?
None of it is worth a dime.
I appreciate your opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We got Hulu a couple of years ago for live TV. It was terrible. It would freeze and boot you back to the home screen, forcing you to log in again and search for the program again. Of course that resulted in missing part of the program.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
We dropped Xfinity (Comcast) and use Frontier for ISP. Signed up for YouTube TV. We also have Hulu but the cheap version that has commercials. Never tried Sling, can't comment. YouTube TV is pretty good. I wish we got all the Houston Astro games, only the ones on Fox. Have to subscribe to ATT sportsnet, pretty sure you have to pay for direct TV to get that. No big deal on the Astro games, don't watch much baseball or football anymore anyways.

Thanks, Billy
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What do you like to watch, movies, sports news? We stream everything via Starlink, Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Prime, and a full host of free movie TV aps. I could be very happy watching nothing but the free aps including YouTube.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
actually YouTube it's not too bad there's lots of gun reviews and lots of hunting related stuff..

. most already have it on their phone but you can watch the same content on your television in a bigger picture if you wish..

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ldholton
actually YouTube it's not too bad there's lots of gun reviews and lots of hunting related stuff..

. most already have it on their phone but you can watch the same content on your television in a bigger picture if you wish..

There's YouTube and then I believe YouTube TV is a pay app. Like I said there's plenty of good movies and just about any kind of other content to watch just on non-pay YouTube. I'm not a sports fan so I'm perfectly fine with all the free content. Plus, my kids share HBO, and Paramount with me for free.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We have YTTV. I looked at Sling to see if I could save money, but they are all about the same if you compare similar plans.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have Hulu, no problems and enjoy the programming. Never tried sling and use the non subscription version of Youtube.

Yup.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I have Dish with 250 channels, Roku Streaming for Netflix/Amazon Prime/HBO/ESPN 2/Roku TV/Freebie/Paramount/Showtime....basically I have everything, and pay out the azz.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have quite a few streaming services, including YouTube TV and Hulu. Between those, if I only had one, it would be YouTube TV.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ll only say there’s quite a few great movies on YouTube.
I watched “Flight of the Phoenix” last night, the one with Jimmy Stewart and Richard Attenborough. In MHO a great movie.
“Tin Star” with Henry Fonda is there too, along with “Patton”. Give it a shot. There’s some good stuff if you look for it .
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The only choices available to us if we wanted local state news were Hulu Live and YouTube TV. We picked Hulu Live. Never have had much issue with it, seems stable and reliable here (we have a cable modem, getting about 500 mbps today, and stream tv wirelessly with a Roku and a dumb tv).

My only nitpick with Hulu Live is the menu has a small font and is hard to read. No way to enlarge it either.

If you have a good internet connection and good eyesight, Hulu Live works fine. If you have any young kids or grandkids, Hulu Live gives you a free subscription to Disney Plus. I don't think any freebies come with YouTube TV or Sling.

I've never tried YouTube TV or Sling, but I'm pretty sure YouTube TV will give you a week free trial if you sign up.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I dropped prime and Netflix then went Hulu. Guess it depends how much you watch tv. I don’t have trouble with the live tv part not working, but we have pretty strong internet speed.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Fubo for the win

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
Has anyone found a good way to watch college football this fall? With ESPN doing their best to go broke and being out of range for local TV need an alternative.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Has anyone signed up for Starlink? Looking online, it looks like it's $90 a month + about $600 in equipment fees. Gag

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by pavementends
Has anyone found a good way to watch college football this fall? With ESPN doing their best to go broke and being out of range for local TV need an alternative.

Sling Blue package with the espn add on or sling orange package.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Our Hulu Plus has locals, live tv, dvr capability

Works great with AT&T fiber internet

Get a ton of sports channels cuz Im a heathen and like to watch a lot of college football

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.