-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thinking about buying one for my oldest daughter to practice with.

GB1

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yes. My opinion is that it is a fantastic pistol for the money. Ours have been reliable and acceptably accurate. It’s a light gun and takes some concentration to keep on target. Good choice.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mine has been 100% reliable, it's never faltered, even with Winchester blunt-nosed HPs. It's no target pistol, but it's serviceable. It's a fun little pistol to shoot. I've killed a few raccoons with mine, but unless it was REALLY close, I wouldn't try a squirrel with it. I love the light weight, it's easy to carry around.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
She has an M&P Shield in .380 ACP that she doesn't practice with often enough to be competent in a high pressure situation, so an understudy pistol in .22 LR would allow her to shoot a lot more and become more proficient.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've got one & really like it. Surprisingly dependable. Have only shot about 400 rounds through it but it hasn't missed a beat.

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I own one and have experience with a half dozen or so. All have worked and shot fine.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I have one and it has always been reliable. The only issue I have had with it is the rear sight windage blade came up missing. I called S&W and they sent me the tiny parts I needed with no questions asked.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Get one, put a lot of rounds through mine, may halfway spray it out after a brick of shooting and then its good to go again. My wife was doing a lot of shooting with her 9mm at a local womans get together, going through 9 like crazy, which was fine, but I finally told her 22 is cheaper to shootup, so she starts with it and then breaks the 9.

Last edited by killerv; 07/27/23.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Mine has been very reliable and accurate enough to use as a kit gun.

μολὼν λαβέ
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have one. It has been 100% reliable with full power ammo. It didn't want to cycle some light target loads. Trigger sucks and the gun is so light that accuracy isn't close to something like my Ruger MK-2 target pistol.

I recently picked up a Sig 322. The jury is still out about reliability. I had some issues, but I'm thinking it was ammo incompatibility and not necessarily the gun. I need more trigger time to decide. The trigger pull weight on my scale is the same as my Smith, but it is a crisp single action feel unlike the Smith which feels like a DAO Glock type trigger. The Sig is much more accurate. Price is about the same.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JMR40
I have one. It has been 100% reliable with full power ammo. It didn't want to cycle some light target loads. Trigger sucks and the gun is so light that accuracy isn't close to something like my Ruger MK-2 target pistol.

I recently picked up a Sig 322. The jury is still out about reliability. I had some issues, but I'm thinking it was ammo incompatibility and not necessarily the gun. I need more trigger time to decide. The trigger pull weight on my scale is the same as my Smith, but it is a crisp single action feel unlike the Smith which feels like a DAO Glock type trigger. The Sig is much more accurate. Price is about the same.

Accuracy isn't the highest priority. What I'm looking for is a S&W M&P in .22 LR that will be as close as possible a duplicate of her M&P .380 ACP self-defense handgun. If she can rapidly empty the magazine into a 6" circle as 15' it will meet the accuracy requirements. She can't afford to practice enough with the .380 ammo on her salary as a museum archivist, but would be able to do so with .22 ammo, since I have 40K rounds of .22 LR on the shelf and could gift her 10 bricks to practice with.

She has 2 S&W .22 LR pistols to practice with, a 622 and a 2206, both with 4.5" barrels, but they aren't physically the same as her M&P in 380, so practicing with either of them isn't getting the muscle memory that I think that she would get with an M&P in .22 LR. I hope that she never has to shoot an attacker, but I'd like for her to have the tools and the skills to do so if it happened. If you're the father of a daughter you'll understand my concerns and about the safety of a single woman living alone.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.