Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
well guys i decided to give the hornady auto comp scale one more try. first one i ordered would not calibrate or even give any weight, promptly sent it back for a refund.
second one arrived sunday, unpacked it and it was D.O.A. did some diagnoses and found the power supply was dead. did some looking thru drawers and found a 9v power supply, pluged it in and it fired right up.
made a call to Hornady warranty and a new power supply is on the way. while i had them on the phone i asked about the free bullet promotion (rebate) advertised on midway. turns out the only way you can get it is an elaborate path you have to follow with a smart phone and scans and pictures you have to download. when i pointed it out to her i don't have a smart phone she basically said to bad there is no other way and she was rude. Free isn't free if you have no way to get free if you get my point and the free bullet selection sucks.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You need a picture, but it doesn't have to be done on a smart phone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by foxhunterbubba
while i had them on the phone i asked about the free bullet promotion (rebate) advertised on midway. turns out the only way you can get it is an elaborate path you have to follow with a smart phone and scans and pictures you have to download. when i pointed it out to her i don't have a smart phone she basically said to bad there is no other way and she was rude. Free isn't free if you have no way to get free if you get my point and the free bullet selection sucks.

Common theme from them. Yes any picture you can load on a pc.

Swifty
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Ever since the mandate fiasco and the annoying hoops to get their promotional freebies, I've just switched to nosler and Speer. I'm done with Hornady.

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
interesting no one mentioned the 2 doa units i received, nore the crappy selection of bullets they list.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Try ordering a discounted pizza or a bucket of KFC at the promo price without a smart phone- - - - -can't be done, and the "walk in and order" price is at least twice the "app" amount! People who act like they're doing me a favor to take my money don't get any of my business, now or ever!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
hell, man they want you to tip them when you go thru the self check out lines.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That isn’t the way to keep customers or make new ones.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Did you read the conditions of the rebate before or after you bought the scale?

As for the defective product, Schit happens. A bummer for sure but I wouldn't hold it against them but I will hold it against them for the way they handle it, looks to me like they handled it well.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I doubt hornady even handles the rebates.

Prolly a 3rd partly processor.

Year or so ago i did a rebate on contacts i ordered.
It was processed by someone other than the manufacturer.

Pretty easy process. Take a pic of bar code and receipt.

Same with Sig when they were doing the buy a p365 and get $xxx Sig Store credit.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I had their big case prep center... It worked.

I used some of their pistol bullets (Montana Golds are same/cheaper).

I found their dies to be fragile...

I find their reloading manual to be so bad... I recommend throwing them in the trash.

This was BEFORE... Steve's Covid BULLCHIT.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
People moaned and groaned about the same thing with an Sig p365 promotion. I got mine just fine. Their giveaway, their rules

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I doubt hornady even handles the rebates.

Prolly a 3rd partly processor.

Year or so ago i did a rebate on contacts i ordered.
It was processed by someone other than the manufacturer.

Pretty easy process. Take a pic of bar code and receipt.

Same with Sig when they were doing the buy a p365 and get $xxx Sig Store credit.

That's my take as well. Every rebate I've ever sent in went to a 3rd party outfit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (260Remguy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,617
Posts18,473,974
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.