Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I don’t care how “good” something made in China might be. I try hard NOT to buy China stuff period.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you CLUELESS Crying Karens are a fhuqking hoot! Hint.

You best start walking everywhere,barefoot and be sure to refuse any medical treatments,as you Hiss your fit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RicG
I don’t care how “good” something made in China might be. I try hard NOT to buy China stuff period.

I used to think that way too , but the Chinks have won this round

our own manufacturing corporations have sold us Americans down the river

you cant even go to John fuggin Deere and not buy chink made parts

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
I used to think that way too , but the Chinks have won this round

our own manufacturing corporations have sold us Americans down the river

you cant even go to John fuggin Deere and not buy chink made parts
You can still buy non chink scopes, but the Karens still go full Chink.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only things you "shoot" are your Imagination,Pretend and mouth...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist and actual trigger time. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You Whining Brokedick Do Nothing Fhuqks are a HOOT! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
You really want them "tested" send a bunch out to real hunters and shooters to test. The word of mouth reviews would boost them better than any controlled lab tests. There are guys hunting all over the world that could put them thru the paces and have a more respected opinion of them than employees at the factory

Last edited by MapleHill; 07/25/23.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by MapleHill
You really want them "tested" send a bunch out to real hunters and shooters to test. The word of mouth reviews would boost them better than any controlled lab tests. There are guys hunting all over the world that could put them thru the paces and have a more respected opinion of them than employees at the factory

I couldn't agree more - we actually do that ALL the time. We currently have 60 individual products out for review (primarily to magazines, YouTubers, and online journalists) and 26 products out for Testing & Evaluation (primarily to active military, Law Enforcement, and hunters). Our design team uses the information and reports we get back to make improvements and create new designs. I'm also passing the ideas on this forum up the chain of command so keep them coming. Thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are not alone.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics

I couldn't agree more - we actually do that ALL the time. We currently have 60 individual products out for review (primarily to magazines, YouTubers, and online journalists) and 26 products out for Testing & Evaluation (primarily to active military, Law Enforcement, and hunters). Our design team uses the information and reports we get back to make improvements and create new designs. I'm also passing the ideas on this forum up the chain of command so keep them coming. Thanks!
Has Big Stick (Larry) received free or reduced price products for testing?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/athlon-helos-btr-gen2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289757/

If I worked for Athlon, and I was as confident as you say you are in Athlon’s durability, I would be getting ahold of Formidilosus on rokslide to provide him with more samples of this optic for testing after seeing the results of this evaluation. There’s a thread over there discussing optics that people would like to see tested, in which while discussing this particular optic; Formidilosus said he prefers to see, “3-5 of each scope used to see trends”.

A lot of people really take stock in his opinion when considering an optics purchase. I do.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 65BR

You are not alone.

I dislike China as much as anyone. Try as hard as you want, but look through your house, every product.....kitchenware, appliances, television, computer, phone, clothes in your closet and on your body, tools in the shop. See where they're made. Not buying a scope because it's made in China might make you feel self righteous but won't change a thing. I know its not the same, but remember when "made in japan" = Jap junk, and people hated it. And now.......

Don't blame nasty greedy corporations for moving to other countries. Blame our government for all the bullsh#t regulations making it so difficult to manufacture here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics

Has Big Stick (Larry) received free or reduced price products for testing?

Jeezus Fhuqking Gawwd you Brokedick Crying CLUELESS Kchunts are a HOOT! Hint.

It is funnier than fhuqk,that your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" paint you into a corner,in which you can't even begin to fhuqking fathom the magnitude. Keep the Hurt Feeler Reports coming ladies,as you set on the sidelines with mouths open,Drooling aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bearded
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/athlon-helos-btr-gen2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289757/

If I worked for Athlon, and I was as confident as you say you are in Athlon’s durability, I would be getting ahold of Formidilosus on rokslide to provide him with more samples of this optic for testing after seeing the results of this evaluation. There’s a thread over there discussing optics that people would like to see tested, in which while discussing this particular optic; Formidilosus said he prefers to see, “3-5 of each scope used to see trends”.

A lot of people really take stock in his opinion when considering an optics purchase. I do.

That's an unrealistic and ridiculous test to base a scope purchase decision on IMO. Most of Form's followers can't even wipe their asss without getting his permission. You must be one of those types.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

That's an unrealistic and ridiculous test to base a scope purchase decision on IMO. Most of Form's followers can't even wipe their asss without getting his permission. You must be one of those types.

It's a nice thing to see the scopes that pass and that don't pass. I appreciate having access to the results. It may be unrealistic and ridiculous, but some pass consistently and others fail consistently.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If it helps you then use it. I've been at it 51 years now so I have a pretty good idea what works for me and what doesn't. I've never tortured my gear like he does, and I've dragged rifles and optics to MX several times, Africa numerous times, and several States here. Admittedly I'm not a mountain hunter, but my gear spends lots of miles getting the crap beat out of it in a UTV scabbard, truck bed, Polaris Ranger bed/seat, etc, as well as tons of range time. I don't need someone else to dictate what works for what I'm doing. IME, the Swaro 1" tube scopes suck, but I'm not about to proclaim to those who've used them for years without fail that they all suck. YMMV.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No, I don’t have the time or the inclination to be someone’s follower; although I could, with a simple google search, point out many posts where you asked for his advice (or one just this last Friday where you called him a “wealth of information” proceeded by the same lame insult you just used against me - very creative, aren’t ya?

I simply stated that if I were selling scopes that I claimed to be durable; and said scopes failed a durability test conducted by someone that many in the community consider to be an authority (or a “wealth of knowledge”) that I would want to clear things up with further testing. It’s good for business.

I didn’t say, “I won’t buy an Athlon 2-12 until it passes Form’s tests” so don’t get [bleep] butthurt, we all know you killed 87 dinosaurs and 433 braincells with yours last year. But yes, I tend to buy scopes that Form recommends because if they work for his, “ridiculous test” then they’ll do anything I need without fuss, and I don’t like fuss. Carry on.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I haven't asked for, or taken this Form guy's advice in like, years. Couldn't tell you even if I ever did, but it certainly wasn't this past Friday. Form used to post alot here on this board, but left. Why is that (genuinely curious).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't asked for, or taken this Form guy's advice in like, years. Couldn't tell you even if I ever did, but it certainly wasn't this past Friday. Form used to post alot here on this board, but left. Why is that (genuinely curious).

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/compilation-of-formidilosus-posts.260643/page-2

Must’ve been a different JGRaider who uses the exact same lameazz insult. You don’t wanna give merit to someone’s findings, or use their results as a basis for your decision? Fine, don’t. Literally no one is forcing you. But where I come from it’s considered two-faced pandering chickenschit to with one breath call someone a wealth of knowledge and in the next discredit his work. On separate forums. And then deny it.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/compilation-of-formidilosus-posts.260643/page-2

Must’ve been a different JGRaider who uses the exact same lameazz insult. You don’t wanna give merit to someone’s findings, or use their results as a basis for your decision? Fine, don’t. Literally no one is forcing you. But where I come from it’s considered two-faced pandering chickenschit to with one breath call someone a wealth of knowledge and in the next discredit his work. On separate forums. And then deny it.
JG is an idiot who shoots fenced in animals. When critters can’t get away from you, any scope will work.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just defer to people who shoot a lot more than I do.

When I buy a scope, I check what Form has to say, and what Stick has to say. He may be an azzhole, but I’ve gotta “pardon wares that exist, Bless my poor poor (literally) heart. Plucking laughing”. They’ve both forgotten more about scopes than I’ll ever know and I just want to buy a scope that puts my bullet where I mean for it to go, and I don’t wanna spend a week comparing them. They both like FFP Mil scopes like I do, in about the same magnification range as I do so it’s just the easy button.

I know Stick’s had high praise on the Helos 2-12 and I bought one based on that. Unfortunately when the one I bought came in, it sounded like there was something broken loose inside. No idea what it was, it went back for a refund. I’m not a scope doctor. That coupled with Form’s test, however credible you consider it, has steered me away from that scope despite it checking a lot of boxes for me on paper.

I’d love for Athlon to work out another test (of several samples) with Form and to see this scope come through looking good. But for now, all of my rifles are sitting under SWFAs save one, which is wearing a nightforce and for which I just bought an SWFA to replace only because I’m just not a SFP kind of guy and NF FFP reticles suck balls for killing stuff.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,343
Posts18,487,754
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.