Hop To
Page 57 of 91 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 90 91
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by antlers
And the separate and independent writers of the historical documents that eventually comprised the New Testament .

Antlers keeps avoiding biblical scholarship which shows
Gospels copy whole paragraphs word for word from other
gospels. . Instead Antlers keeps pushing his False claim of
"independent" gospel writers.

Antlers is here to give everyone
"the Gospels according to Antlers"

Some people will die for a lie that they think is true,

Christians dying for a lie that they think is true
logically sits well with me..it's seems highly
probable given the extremely low std of evidence
for most improbable supernatural claims.

Not even one independent direct eyewitness account
testimony Exists for a resurrected Jesus...all we have
are authors merely claiming that witnesses exist.

Antlers may as well claim his great grandpa was abducted
by aliens and we'd have to take Antlers word for it on the internet.

You are correct....but you and the rest of the demon pack do not realize one thing...of course we have no absolute proof....all we have is our faith and nothing more......but one thing for sure, nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, that you demons can say will ever, ever, ever change our minds.....

From Ray Charles

Hit the road Jack, and don't ya come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road Jack, and don't ya come back no more
What'd you say?
Hit the road Jack, and don't ya come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road Jack, and don't ya come back no more

Well (Don't ya come back no more)
Uh, what'd you say? (Don't ya come back no more)
I didn't understand you (Don't ya come back no more)
You can't mean that (Don't ya come back no more)
Oh, now baby please (Don't ya come back no more)
What you're trying to do to me (Don't ya come back no more)

Last edited by Raspy; 07/27/23. Reason: spelling

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Gee whiz DBT - all I have done is post the hard evidence that has exposed your falsity and deceit - and you call that pomposity? What would you call it if I were to mimic you and simply post ad hom attacks?
No, you habitually lie and trumpet what you have done. When in reality you posted nothing but lies and misconceptions, not a shred of evidence. You don't appear to know what evidence is. I think you assume that what you believe to be true is evidence that it is true. Or that what is written in the bible is evidence for the the truth of what is written. In other words, a blowhard and a braggart, a pompous dumb arse. - - - -
Ho hum - more of your puerile name calling. Just in case you really believe what you posted above DBT, and to again demo the understanding of evidence, here are examples of the evidence about you. Details of these all are in print in this and other threads, so anyone (including you) can go see the hard facts.

In an attempt to support your beliefs about indelible conditioning of humans and the impossibility of free will, you posted a brazen claim about the conditioning of Hindus in India. Immediately that was shot down with a long list of such folks who had converted themselves to Christianity. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a supposed reference to Scripture with critique/analysis to suit your purpose, but conveniently left out the second part of the quoted verse - which part is essential to the context and meaning. A blatant attempt to deceive - which was quickly called out at the time. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a volume of information about some "study" which allegedly proved that there is no effectiveness or related outcomes to praying by Christians. A quick and clear examination of the nature of that study revealed that it was flawed at its fundament and could not ever demonstrate what you claimed. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a claim about someone trumpeting their faith and spouting Scripture in various threads involving you. Immediately you were challenged to re-post even a single quote demonstrating such behavior. You cannot produce such quotes. Evidence about DBT.

How is that for understanding of evidence?? And, there is more where that came from. And further, not a single ad hom in this post. If you don't get it this time, you are hopeless.

You are showing your pompous, self righteous behaviour every time you respond, you put it on display here and now.

You are just too stupid to see it. You imagine yourself to be the victim, but in reality you are the instigator.

You provoke a fight, then cry foul when you get one. A long winded buffoon.

No matter how much a snake sheds its skin, it’s still a snake. Since you know it all, you should know when to shut up, and you have miles to go before you reach mediocre...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by DBT
Gee whiz DBT - all I have done is post the hard evidence that has exposed your falsity and deceit - and you call that pomposity? What would you call it if I were to mimic you and simply post ad hom attacks?
No, you habitually lie and trumpet what you have done. When in reality you posted nothing but lies and misconceptions, not a shred of evidence. You don't appear to know what evidence is. I think you assume that what you believe to be true is evidence that it is true. Or that what is written in the bible is evidence for the the truth of what is written. In other words, a blowhard and a braggart, a pompous dumb arse. - - - -
Ho hum - more of your puerile name calling. Just in case you really believe what you posted above DBT, and to again demo the understanding of evidence, here are examples of the evidence about you. Details of these all are in print in this and other threads, so anyone (including you) can go see the hard facts.

In an attempt to support your beliefs about indelible conditioning of humans and the impossibility of free will, you posted a brazen claim about the conditioning of Hindus in India. Immediately that was shot down with a long list of such folks who had converted themselves to Christianity. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a supposed reference to Scripture with critique/analysis to suit your purpose, but conveniently left out the second part of the quoted verse - which part is essential to the context and meaning. A blatant attempt to deceive - which was quickly called out at the time. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a volume of information about some "study" which allegedly proved that there is no effectiveness or related outcomes to praying by Christians. A quick and clear examination of the nature of that study revealed that it was flawed at its fundament and could not ever demonstrate what you claimed. Evidence about DBT.

You posted a claim about someone trumpeting their faith and spouting Scripture in various threads involving you. Immediately you were challenged to re-post even a single quote demonstrating such behavior. You cannot produce such quotes. Evidence about DBT.

How is that for understanding of evidence?? And, there is more where that came from. And further, not a single ad hom in this post. If you don't get it this time, you are hopeless.

You keep proving DBT to be correct.

You keep proving you demons are fucked up big time...go away demons and roam the cemeteries for some lost souls.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
.The separate and independent writers of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, ..

Wow, Antlers is so behind on Biblical scholarship
which clearly shows passages in some gospels are
taken directly word for word from other gospels...

No person in their right mind can call such
authors independent...and biblical scholars
agree that they are not.

If you had a row of alleged witnesses in criminal court
providing The exact same word for word testimony , the
logical conclusion is that something is suspiciously afoot.

Damn, I don’t know what your problem is, but I’m guessing it’s hard to pronounce, and you should really come with a warning label.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

No, you habitually lie and trumpet what you have done. When in reality you posted nothing but lies and misconceptions, not a shred of evidence.

You don't appear to know what evidence is. I think you assume that what you believe to be true is evidence that it is true. Or that what is written in the bible is evidence for the the truth of what is written.

In other words, a blowhard and a braggart, a pompous dumb arse.

Here you were given an open and fresh opportunity to go find and repost something you claimed I have said and done (see above post) - and you simply can't do that because you were lying when you said it. Instead you come up with the lame adolescent line "I could explain, but - - -". No, you can't explain because no evidence exists. Again, you set yourself up for failure. So, who is the dumb one? Instead of facing all of those facts that prove your deceit, you dodge, and deflect, and post more ad homs. Does the devil tell you to do that? If so, try to remember that you have free will - you can choose to do something else.

The proof of what I point out about your nature and character is on display in every post that you submit. That you are blind to your own folly is not my fault.

So says one of satan's great deflectors...but, there is hope, the experiment was successful and the alien is on it's way to earth to probe your anus for signs of intelligence.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy crap!

Follow the science is all these 3 idiots can say.

When will you learn and admit that science creates absolutely nothing. Science is only a study in discovery of already existing phenomena. Where did all the matter come from that scientists have studied?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

DBT, Starman, mauser

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Saul of Tarsus hated Christians. He put em’ in jail. And within just a few years of the resurrection of Jesus, this Pharisee who despised Christians became a follower of Jesus himself. The separate and independent writers of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, and the apostle Paul…who were eyewitnesses and knew eyewitnesses…believed on the evidence and wrote about it. All of em’ were Jews with the exception of the writer of Luke. They proclaimed for many years what they had good evidence to believe. They got excommunicated from their synagogues and their lifelong religion for it. They got kicked out of the “God’s chosen people” club for it. And they were beaten, tortured, and killed for it.

Faith is trusting in what you have good evidence to believe is true ~ like the above facts, and the above evidence.

Faith is what you have when you have no evidence for your beliefs. What you claim as evidence is not evidence, just stories. Doesn't matter how much you try and assert it to be so, you have nothing to back up your claims or those in the stories.

Wrong, the Biblical theological evidence IS the evidence for Christians, no matter what you regurgitate...and stupidity isn't a crime, so you’re free to go.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Holy crap!

When will you learn and admit that science creates absolutely nothing. Science is only a study in discovery of already existing phenomena. Where did all the matter come from that scientists have studied?

DBT, Starman, mauser

Please don’t make sense… It derails the nutters.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Holy crap!

DBT, Starman, mauser

All three appear to be members of the low end of the DK club.

Tragic….

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Those are just some of the reasons that literally billions of people all over the world…over a span 2,000 years so far…actually believe that Jesus rose from the dead..

70% + of the world doesnt believe your Xtian fan fiction
so you've clearly lost the numbers argument .And many
so called Xtians are in the nominal category at best.

Let us know when you have some legit
numbers for actual Xtians.

Fuck the world....the vast majority of Americans (90%) believe in some kind of higher power, with 56% professing faith in God as described in the Bible and another 33% saying they believe in another type of higher power or spiritual force. Only one-in-ten Americans say they don’t believe in God or a higher power of any kind....from, pew research.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by TF49
Holy crap!

DBT, Starman, mauser

All three appear to be members of the low end of the DK club.

Tragic….

May be TF49, but I am convinced they work for satan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

You are showing your pompous, self righteous behaviour every time you respond, you put it on display here and now. You are just too stupid to see it. You imagine yourself to be the victim, but in reality you are the instigator. You provoke a fight, then cry foul when you get one. A long winded buffoon.
You can dream up and post all of the insults you wish, but they ring empty - zilch - in the face of the above noted hard evidence, which blows you right out of the water. You simply will not face the proof of your bad behavior here. Neither a victim nor instigator, I have merely analyzed and responded to your many gaffes. You are a victim of yourself. So, done with this now. If you try the same stuff in other threads, we simply bring out the BS detector and the sharpshooters again.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The evidence and the facts regarding the historicity of early Christianity are that a tiny first-century sect which arose in the armpit of the Roman Empire…and Judea was certainly considered as such…and whose leader was rejected by His own people and crucified, not only survived, but thrived, in the face of organized and violent state-sponsored opposition.

This small Nazarene cult was eventually embraced by the very empire that for 300 years sought to extinguish it. Even nowadays there’s a cross commemorating Jesus’ crucifixion adorning the emperor’s entrance into the Roman Coliseum.

Karen Armstrong said in her book, ‘Fields of Blood’ (Religion and the History of Violence) that “Against all odds, by the third-century, Christianity had become a force to be reckoned with. We still do not really understand how this came about.” But nobody can deny that it happened.

Jesus’ followers back then knew quite well how it came about. And Jesus’ followers nowadays know quite well how it came about: they take seriously the eyewitness testimonies of those who were there for these events and eventually documented them for the entire world.

It happened; and it’s amazing that it did. Sandwiched between the power structures of the Jewish Temple and the Roman Empire, this small movement began in Galilee with a day laborer that we know as Jesus of Nazareth. It’s amazing that anything about Him even survived, but it’s undeniable that it did.

But Jesus Himself actually predicted this. Gathered with His closest followers on their way to Caesarea Philippi, He inquired of them what the word on the street was about Him. They replied that some thought He was a reincarnated prophet and some thought He was John the Baptist brought back to life. Then He asked specifically who they (His closest followers) thought He was, and Peter made his profound and declarative statement. And Jesus confirmed the truth and accuracy of Peter’s declaration, and He said that on the basis of that eloquent statement, that He’d build His ekklesia, His assembly, His movement.

And He made it crystal clear to them that death would not overcome His ekklesia. Not His death, and not their deaths. Nothing was gonna stop His new movement. And it didn’t. And it hasn’t. And it won’t. Neither of the power structures of the Jewish Temple or the Roman Empire were fans of new movements. Good things didn’t happen to people who started new movements back then and there.

And some of those same closest followers of Jesus would document why His death was not the death of His movement. And the reason why Jesus’ death was not the death of His movement is because Jesus didn’t do what all other dead people do ~ He didn’t stay dead.

Jesus’ ekklesia grew from that initial tiny band of a few people, to 30 million people in less than 400 years. By 400 A.D., half of the Roman Empire’s 60 million people believed in Jesus. Jesus’ movement went from being a small and persecuted minority, to being the major faith in the mighty Roman Empire itself. Jesus’ new movement triumphed. And it’ll continue to do so. Jesus Himself made that crystal clear.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=Raspy]....“Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.” - Paul (Hebrews 11:1), circa 63 AD..

Faith is the evidence of things not seen..wtf?
LoL try that argument in a courtroom.

So What level does such 'evidence' meet on
the judicial evidentiary scale?..

Neither yourself or Antlers ever address such.
Juvenile Apologetic snake oil waffle doesn't cut it.

How about you call off all your snake oil Xtian missionaries
that are still g0d bothering people all over the globe?
why are Xtians such hypocrites and not happy until
they convert others?

You fucking dumb ass...i am not the Pope, you tell him....who in the fuck gives a fuck about the Judicial Evidentiary Scale? Christians do not have empirical proof, but a moral certainty, because of Theological evidence...most Christians that I know couldn't give a rats ass about converting others, and I’m not insulting you, I’m describing you.

"Faith is the evidence of things not seen..wtf?

Let me enlighten you (my perspective)....''faith'' is a confident look to the future, based on reliance on God's promises....Godly faith is defined as trust, relying on God when looking to the future. Ultimately, that means trusting God's intent to make good on His promises from an eternal perspective, and that is what most Christians that I know, do believe....but remember, absolutely no one is forcing you to believe or have faith in God the Bible as you always have free will to chose, and no one is asking you to believe the Gospels are theologically, (key word theologically), true at this point. No one is asking you to believe that the miracles really happened. No one is asking you to believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Last edited by Raspy; 07/27/23. Reason: spelling

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The evidence and the facts show that there aren’t many cases…virtually none…of ancient multiple historical written accounts, by separate and independent ancient writers of the same historical event, or series of events, in all of ancient history. Except in the case of the ancient historical manuscripts of the Gospels.

And since the evidence and the facts show that we have virtually no ancient multiple historical written accounts, by separate and independent ancient writers, of the same historical event…except in the case of the ancient historical manuscripts of the Gospels…the ancient historical documentation of the life of Jesus stands out all by itself in that regard.

The evidence and the facts show that the events of His life were extremely important to His 1st century followers. “Many” people attempted to write down an orderly account of the life of Jesus, not just a few, but “many.” The evidence and the facts show that we have 4 different ancient historical documents…by separate and independent ancient historical writers…that document the life of Jesus and that is exceptional and unique. We don’t just have references to these documents, we have actual copies of these documents.

In much of the rest of all of ancient history, we only have references to documents that we no longer have…with much of the rest of all of ancient history, there are no copies even, there’re only authors (who can’t be proven to be the actual authors) who lived long after the events took place who reference documents that reference documents that reference documents…and the documents themselves are no longer with us because they just disintegrated over time.

And yet, the evidence and the facts are, that we have 4 separate and independent historical accounts of the life of Jesus, and the reason we have those accounts are not because of what He taught, and not because He was arrested, and not because He was crucified. The reason that “many” different ancient writers historically documented the life of Jesus is because He rose from the dead.

And the evidence and the facts show that these separate and independent historical accounts were considered extremely valuable and extremely reliable and sacred and inspired by Jesus’ early followers. Jesus’ followers nowadays consider them likewise as well. These ancient historical accounts of actual events were considered scripture, and held in very high regard, by the early church. Jesus’ followers nowadays consider them likewise as well.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Happy christian Karen-fest! LOL!!!

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The evidence and the facts show that there aren’t many cases…virtually none…of ancient multiple historical written accounts, by separate and independent ancient writers of the same historical event, or series of events, in all of ancient history. Except in the case of the ancient historical manuscripts of the Gospels.

And since the evidence and the facts show that we have virtually no ancient multiple historical written accounts, by separate and independent ancient writers, of the same historical event…except in the case of the ancient historical manuscripts of the Gospels…the ancient historical documentation of the life of Jesus stands out all by itself in that regard.

The evidence and the facts show that the events of His life were extremely important to His 1st century followers. “Many” people attempted to write down an orderly account of the life of Jesus, not just a few, but “many.” The evidence and the facts show that we have 4 different ancient historical documents…by separate and independent ancient historical writers…that document the life of Jesus and that is exceptional and unique. We don’t just have references to these documents, we have actual copies of these documents.

In much of the rest of ancient history, we only have references to documents that we no longer have…with much of the rest of ancient history, there are no copies even, there’re only authors who lived long after the events took place who reference documents that reference documents that reference documents…and the documents themselves are no longer with us because they just disintegrated over time.

And yet, the evidence and the facts are, that we have 4 separate and independent historical accounts of the life of Jesus, and the reason we have those accounts are not because of what He taught, and not because He was arrested, and not because He was crucified. The reason that “many” different ancient writers historically documented the life of Jesus is because He rose from the dead.

And the evidence and the facts show that these separate and independent historical accounts were considered extremely valuable and extremely reliable and sacred and inspired by Jesus’ early followers. Jesus’ followers nowadays consider them likewise as well. These ancient historical accounts of actual events were considered scripture, and held in very high regard, by the early church. Jesus’ followers nowadays consider them likewise as well.

The evidence and facts indicate that the biblical accounts are devoid of evidence and facts and are contrary to evidence and facts in many demonstrable ways.

Just look at what all the experts say.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Antlers - thanks for your two recent posts further illuminating the evidence and facts regarding the origin, growth and substance of Christianity. Very well done.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Baaah !! NO ONE could do that.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Baaah !! NO ONE could do that.

You do.

Well?
Page 57 of 91 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 90 91

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (345dl, AlleghenyMountain, 44mc, 300Sav, 35, 7887mm08, 11 invisible), 1,512 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,979
Posts18,499,557
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.