-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My '08 Dodge 2500 is needing new covers. I've had a set of Marathons on it for 10 years and they're pretty well shot. I'll get another set. I was looking at photos of different brands and thought I'd post these 2. The 1st is Marathons. The 2d is Carhartts. Look at how they fit. The Carhartts are all wrinkley, a very poor fit. That headrest cover on the right is a disgrace. The Marathons I currently have look just like the 1st photo, even after 10 years, nice and tight. They have been washed any number of times over the years and they still fit very well although they're now badly faded and falling apart.

[Linked Image from marathonseatcovers.com]

[Linked Image from autoaccessoriesgarage.com]

Last edited by Rock Chuck; 06/23/23.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I bought Marathons.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you looked into Headwaters seat covers??

Carhartt makes work clothes, not quality seat covers. No comparison between them and companies whose specialty is seat covers.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
These are

'LSeat'

Complete replacement leathers

Thick......

Suggest professional install

2001 Landcruiser

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I am on my third pair of Okole neoprene seat covers in the front of my 2002 Ford Super duty, and the back seats are on their second pair in 131,000 miles approximately. I have been very happy with them and I am pretty hard on them.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Look up seat covers unlimited out of Phoenix AZ. They are pricey but i think money well spent.

Last edited by CoElk101; 07/29/23.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CoElk101
Look up seat covers unlimited out of Phoenix AZ. They are pricey but i think money well spent.

I bought covers from them for a Honda Pilot. They were very poorly made and they had a no refund/return policy.
Their online reviews are terrible, check them out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by NVhntr; 07/29/23.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I had Wet Okole on my old Tacoma. 15 years/230K miles and they were in good shape other than some stains and a minor tear on the edge outside the seating surface. The seats looked like new underneath. I also installed a set on a 22 Corolla and they are of the same quality as the previous set I had. The only draw back with the Neoprene is that is can be hot in the summer.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I just finished installing a set of Marathons on my '08 Dodge pickup. They replace an identical (other than color) set that was 8 or 9 years old and falling apart. The new ones don't fit quite as well as the old ones. They didn't pull as tight. The seat bottoms are ok but the seat backs are a bit wrinkly. There's no adjustment on the backs.
I didn't have covers for the back seats before. I got them this time. They fit a little loose too but it requires removing a bunch of bolts to move the seats forward to get behind them to pull them tight. Maybe some day when I'm bored.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I just finished installing a set of Marathons on my '08 Dodge pickup. They replace an identical (other than color) set that was 8 or 9 years old and falling apart. The new ones don't fit quite as well as the old ones. They didn't pull as tight. The seat bottoms are ok but the seat backs are a bit wrinkly. There's no adjustment on the backs.
I didn't have covers for the back seats before. I got them this time. They fit a little loose too but it requires removing a bunch of bolts to move the seats forward to get behind them to pull them tight. Maybe some day when I'm bored.
Marathon was purchased by Covercraft in 2018. Maybe nothing to it, but...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by CoElk101

I bought covers from them for a Honda Pilot. They were very poorly made and they had a no refund/return policy.
Their online reviews are terrible, check them out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The first set i purchased 5 years ago for a Nissan Titan 4 door they are the only covers i have ever bought so i can not compare to others they fit like a tight glove and are of camo design and was worried about UV fading but have not seen it yet they have not been out for cleaning yet and do not have any stains.I was so impressed i purchased another set same design and fabric for my 2016 Tacoma. they are a little bit of a tussle to install and really expensive but if they ever ware out i will buy them again. how long ago did you buy yours and what material did you go with mine was canvas camo mossy Oak pattern. I consider it a great investment sorry to hear of your bad encounter with them i have not had the same encounter as you had.that's why i recommend them. I have not given a online review of them other then this one.

Last edited by CoElk101; 08/06/23.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The Carharts i have used just don't fit well, Marathons are way over priced and slow service,

Look at Tough Skins, they fit very well and are fair priced. Rio7

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I can't say that Marathons are slow service. They custom make them to your order and they call you to confirm the specs. They told me 5 to 6 weeks. I got them in about 3 weeks.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Rock Chuck, our experiences differ. Rio7

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Just installed a set of Headwaters covers, very pleased.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Look at Sportsman seat covers. I’ve had good luck with them

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just found what I put on the van we use for the farm. Those covers have about 120K miles on them, still in great shape, a few dark spots from grease that worked in. Pretty good for a van that’s used by everyone from shuttling truck drivers to airfreight runs to hauling parts. Really tough, I just ordered another set for the trucklet. They look to be a ballistic nylon. I

Cover king ballistic seat covers.

https://coverking.com/products/seat-cover-ballistic?variant=40328009154722

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dutch
Just found what I put on the van we use for the farm. Those covers have about 120K miles on them, still in great shape, a few dark spots from grease that worked in. Pretty good for a van that’s used by everyone from shuttling truck drivers to airfreight runs to hauling parts. Really tough, I just ordered another set for the trucklet. They look to be a ballistic nylon. I

Cover king ballistic seat covers.

https://coverking.com/products/seat-cover-ballistic?variant=40328009154722

I just got a set of coverkings for my new work truck. Not super pleased with the fit or the product compared to my other seat covers. But the coverkings are a lot cheaper.

Montana MOFO
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Marathon was purchased by Covercraft in 2018. Maybe nothing to it, but...

Ordered a Covercraft dash cover for my wife's auto. She handed it back to me and said it was chit.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 257Bob, 222Sako, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,946
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.