-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As 'Stick pointed out, the factory CZ rings are just horrible....don't suffer with that stuff.

For CZ's with the 11mm dovetail using a non-rail setup, I like the BKL stuff. They fit well and hold zero year after year. This is a set on my CZ with a fixed 12X.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

For a nice, simple, trim scope where you don't want/need parallax adjustment, the Sightron S1H 3-9x32 Rimfire with a simple cross hair reticle would be my recommendation. Mounted one on a 10-22 a while back and the owner is very happy. He and his kids have been shooting the beejeezus out of it for a year now. Cameraland has some very good prices on them.

https://cameralandny.com/shop/sight...tion=3072562&query=sightron%20scopes

For something needing A.O. and for longer distances, things change pretty quickly in the RF world.

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I ordered one of those Sightron S-1's and sent it right back. Optically it sucked ass compared to the Nikon, Weaver Classic and even the Vortex and Bushnell rimfire scopes I have on my other rimfire rifles. Poor resolution, dim POS. There was nothing good about it. It would suck with a capital "S" as a squirrel hunting scope. My brother ordered one the same time I did, was equally unimpressed and sent his right back too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqktart,

Your keen inside look at Retardation and fascinating portrayal of Dueling Banjos,is to be commended,along with your "gift" for Suction...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No wonder you can't afford a camera,you Magnificently CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have found the Leupold 4-12 AO “ fits” perfectly on my 527s. I realize it’s not the same rifle, but I’m guessing they are similar in size.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
My CZ 457 wears a Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7x33 and I like it enough to recommend it. Clear, sharp glass even at 7x and it also looks classy paired with the nice Turkish walnut of the CZ.

I upgraded from a Vortex Crossfire 2-7x32, which I’ll probably put on my son’s .22 when he’s old enough for a rifle in a few years. That’s a fine choice at less than half the price of the Leupold.

As others have said, CZ rings are trash. I went with a set of Warne rimfire rings (they use the dovetail) and they feel much more solid.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
As 'Stick pointed out, the factory CZ rings are just horrible....don't suffer with that stuff.

For CZ's with the 11mm dovetail using a non-rail setup, I like the BKL stuff. They fit well and hold zero year after year. This is a set on my CZ with a fixed 12X.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

For a nice, simple, trim scope where you don't want/need parallax adjustment, the Sightron S1H 3-9x32 Rimfire with a simple cross hair reticle would be my recommendation. Mounted one on a 10-22 a while back and the owner is very happy. He and his kids have been shooting the beejeezus out of it for a year now. Cameraland has some very good prices on them.

https://cameralandny.com/shop/sight...tion=3072562&query=sightron%20scopes

For something needing A.O. and for longer distances, things change pretty quickly in the RF world.

Good shootin' -Al

I purchased these from a fellow that sells CZ/Brno mounts on ebay...milled steel, can't fault them.

Seller

Added, and this fellow sells old stuff/second hand odds and sods.

Here

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by JSTUART; 07/30/23.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
These are a set of Ausinel bridge mounts I cut for my Brno model 5.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a CZ 452 American in 22 LR. I mounted a Hawke Vantage 4x32 AO on it. Very bright. Very good resolution. Sharp and flat image right to the edge of the glass. Crisp clicks. Mine has the mil-dot reticle (wanted it for quick holdover/windage guidance, and the adjustable objective option). It was well under $100 off ebay (new, shipping included). I can easily see the bullet holes on a target at 50 and 100 yards with it (a testament to its good lens resolution). Lifetime warranty. I am very happy with this Hawke Vantage.

Hawke also make them in 2-7x AO, 3-9x AO, and 4-12x AO (and non-AO) versions, and higher power.
Hawke Vantage rifle scopes

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
W
WITUfan Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Thanks for all the excellent feedback. There are several options on here I hadn’t thought about. I am particularly intrigued with the 4-12x AO option. Probably the direction I would go if it were me. i will see what Dad wants to do. It is his money.

One thing is clear, go buy some new rings! I appreciate the heads up on that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART
These are a set of Ausinel bridge mounts I cut for my Brno model 5.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nicely done, sir. smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Talley makes a nice set of rings for the CZ. I used them on my 512 22 LR with a Burris 3-9X Droptine scope. Nice package.

https://www.talleymanufacturing.com...uropean-455-512-513-11mm-dovetail-setup/

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Leupold VX Freedom EFL 3-9x33

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by buttstock
I have a CZ 452 American in 22 LR. I mounted a Hawke Vantage 4x32 AO on it. Very bright. Very good resolution. Sharp and flat image right to the edge of the glass. Crisp clicks. Mine has the mil-dot reticle (wanted it for quick holdover/windage guidance, and the adjustable objective option). It was well under $100 off ebay (new, shipping included). I can easily see the bullet holes on a target at 50 and 100 yards with it (a testament to its good lens resolution). Lifetime warranty. I am very happy with this Hawke Vantage.

Hawke also make them in 2-7x AO, 3-9x AO, and 4-12x AO ( and non-AO) versions, and higher soon ranges.

You have better eyes than me if you can see .22 caliber bullet holes on a target 100 yards down range with a 4x scope.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by toby2
Originally Posted by buttstock

Hawke also make them in 2-7x AO, 3-9x AO, and 4-12x AO ( and non-AO) versions, and higher soon ranges.

You have better eyes than me if you can see .22 caliber bullet holes on a target 100 yards down range with a 4x scope.

It's not me, it's the Hawke Vantage scope ( or specifically it's glass + the quality of the lens grinding). I literally said to myself, "Wow, this is really nice scope.". , the first trip to the range for sighting in.

I have a Lyman All-American 8x AO that has surprisingly good resolution too, especially since it is from the early 1980s(?). I've written about it before, but I can see wetness of a woodchuck's eye at 400 yards with it.

I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for", but these two scopes (Hawke Vantage and Lyman AA) have very nice resolution quality for their price point. Very very nice.

Late edition: My Weaver 2.5x classic (Japan) has very nice resolution too. I can see my Marlin's 336a 30-30 bullet holes at 100 yards. I've had some very crisp Burris Signatures for resolution, and some Leupold m8's that were not so great.

My 4x Hawke Endurance has impressed me with its resolution. That's my story/report, and I'm sticking to it.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have four nice bolt action .22LR rifles, two of which wear Leupold VX-II compact 3-9x33AO scopes, the other two of which have VX-II 4-12x40AOs. I like them all, recommend them. All are mounted in Talley ring mounts.

Last edited by GF1; 07/30/23.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by WITUfan
My Dad just ordered a CZ 457 .22 and inevitably, he is going to any day ask me, “what scope should I put on it?” So, I am starting to look at options. He will want something that “fits” the rifle (nothing huge) with decent magnification for shooting paper and squirrels out to 50 yards, good quality, simple, and a decent price. Any suggestions?

IMO for the criteria you have stated spend $129 and get a Burris Droptine 3-9x40. They are not the greatest glass but they are simple, not huge, and with the holdover dots they are easy to hit things beyond 50 yards if he decides to go longer.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,259
Posts18,486,403
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.