Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
ZIMA!!!!!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Campfire Special - A Bud Light laced with laxatives.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Water is best

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just drink a few real beers and go for a 30 mile bicycle ride, on a two lane highway.

Do it at the same time if that pleases ya' .

Get buzzed and pizz people off at the same time.

What a bargain, eh?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Light beer is crap. Just drink fewer real beers or switch to whiskey.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I enjoy a beer or three after a hunt at camp with the guys or a few on a rainy afternoon when sitting on the camp porch seems
Like a better option than hunting. I was an Ultra drinker prior to the bud light screw up. Ultra worked for my taste buds and I could resupply anywhere I was on my travels.

I tried Flight, not for me. In fact prior to Ultra I had tried a lot of light beers. None really tasted good to me.

I’m a Shiner Bock fan and really like it. They sell it here in SWFL but you cant find it in the other places I go. So I have to stock up before trips. I take long trips. Sometimes up to 3 weeks. Thats a lot of beer to haul along. I like bourbon but not all that interested in drinking whiskey in the afternoon.

I will probably just drink and enjoy the Shiner Bock and suffer the carbs but limit my beer drinking and get on bourbon at happy hour after my hunts.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
Light beer is crap. Just drink fewer real beers or switch to whiskey.
This is about where I am heading.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Have you tried any of the 'light' IPA's?

EveryDay IPA
All Day IPA

If I'm day drinking[summer] like kayak/fishing or working on land around house where more than 1-2 will be consumed the above are my go to.

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I've enjoyed Founder's All Day IPA. In my estimation it'll be a bit much for folks who actually like light beer.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If I was not worried about my weight, I would be drinking craft IPAs, lagers and Pilsners and German Octoberfest and Lagers/Pils. For light beers, I agree that Lagunitas Daytime is OK, and there are some other light IPAs that are drinkable - better than Ultra to me. I also like Yeungling Flight ok. I have gotten some of those carbonated Hop beverages - 0 carbs, 0 alcohol, 0 calories, and mixed with lower calorie IPAs to make less go further. Not bad. But any beer on a keto diet really slows down the weight loss in my experience.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I like Founders AD IPA because it's pretty good, and low in alcohol. But it has 12 carbs and 147 calories. Not Keto.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ask yourself how did previous generations not get fat as fuqk drinking full carb beer.

Not that I care one way or another.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When i drink beer at a restaurant/bar its usually mich ultra......at home usually busch lite......

But i did buy a variey pack of white claw just so i could criticize in good faith..........

Not my cup of tea......tolerable, but kinda girlie.....

I drink more bourbon n water than i should...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SCgman1
When i drink beer at a restaurant/bar its usually mich ultra......at home usually busch lite......

But i did buy a variey pack of white claw just so i could criticize in good faith..........

Not my cup of tea......tolerable, but kinda girlie.....

I drink more bourbon n water than i should...

Quite an admission to make in public. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are on a serious weight loss program you have to stop drinking, period. Anything with alcohol is loaded with "empty" calories.

Water. Or club soda with lemon juice if you simply must have bubbles. La Croix soda is basically that.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A case of beer a day didn't help my weight lol.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are on a serious weight loss program you have to stop drinking, period. Anything with alcohol is loaded with "empty" calories.

Water. Or club soda with lemon juice if you simply must have bubbles. La Croix soda is basically that.

True that. You can't outwork a bad diet. I have a weakness for red wine, but I don't know anyone, including me that wouldn't be healthier without alcohol.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

True that. You can't outwork a bad diet. I have a weakness for red wine, but I don't know anyone, including me that wouldn't be healthier without alcohol.

I quit alcohol on May 8th of this year. I had an Atrial fibrillation episode and in the follow up testing etc, the cardiologists determined that it was triggered by alcohol. They told me that if I gave up alcohol I’d probably never have another episode. I did. I’m a guy who loves wine, beer and all manner of distilled spirits. It was a rare day when I didn’t have any alcohol, probably 3 or 4 times a month. I had been chipping away at my weight for a few months already. Quitting alcohol helped a lot. I’m 6’ tall and now down to 180 from a high of 225 several months ago. I sleep better, no more snoring, and I’m saving the approximately $500/month I spent on wine, beer and distilled spirits. I drink the fake beers now, maybe one a day, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how good they are. Better, actually, than any lite beer I’ve ever tried, with the added benefit of no alcohol.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman
I've enjoyed Founder's All Day IPA. In my estimation it'll be a bit much for folks who actually like light beer.

You mean, like that gay [bleep], Jeff0 ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
IPAs are for bearded hipster homosexuals.

Light beers have their place. It’s 106 outside right now. If I’m having a beer, it’s going to be an ice cold light beer or a Mexican beer with a lime. Anything else will literally make you feel sick.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

278 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 2ndwind, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 39 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,320
Posts18,526,412
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.