Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Do you guys think these are a worthwhile addition/upgrade or not worth bothering?

https://lumleyarms.us/sako-extractor-kit-tikka-t3-t3x-bolt-parts

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
GB1

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Not expensive and I don't see it being detrimental in any way, but I feel like this is a solution in search of a problem.......

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OGB
Not expensive and I don't see it being detrimental in any way, but I feel like this is a solution in search of a problem.......

I know what you mean...interesting but I wonder how much the base model actually needs improving?

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Sometimes its just fun to tinker. I begrudge no one for modifying stuff. Some of that is truly useful and some just makes it "yours". It is yours to play with after all!

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah i have owned over a dozen Tikka centerfire rifles and they all have extracted/ejected flawlessly. I like many of the Tikka aftermarket upgrades, bolt shroud, bottom metal, ss bolt stop etc. but i see zero advantage in this "upgrade" ...I do understand the tinkering part too so good luck....Hb

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Igloo
Do you guys think these are a worthwhile addition/upgrade or not worth bothering?

https://lumleyarms.us/sako-extractor-kit-tikka-t3-t3x-bolt-parts

If you have a broken extractor then yes . I have never seen a broken Sako Extractor on anything.

That said anything that company makes is top notch and their customer service is outstanding.

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
One of the great things about this forum in general is that there are so many companies I wouldn't know about otherwise.

For example, check out mountain tactical for some pretty good Tikka after market stuff.

Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Aight, thanks guys!

OGB, thanks! MT does definitely have some nice kit! There's a Canadian gunsmithing shop called PR Precision that makes some nice scope rails and bottom metal too. Have to admit, would like some for style alone even if theres no issue with the polymer!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Doesn’t make sense to Tin coat an extractor

If anything you’d want it a bitty gritty not slick

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've tried that kit on a 300 WSM that tends to bounce brass off of the windage turret on my scope on anything lower than high mounts. I was hoping it would pull the ejection angle down a bit, but something was off with the ejector/spring size and it seemed to bottom out in its channel when closing the bolt, pressing into the case head. It didn't really help ejection either, so into the drawer it went.

IC B3

Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well that wasn't much of ann upgrade Gtscotty!

Looks like with the T3x, except for trigger bits just about any aftermarket "improvement" like the bottom metal, bolt shroud etc is pretty much cosmetic? The marketing wank is pretty funny though, like the Mountain Tactical bolt shroud acting as a "third lug" to keep the bolt straight and improve accuracy smile

Although, have to admit I love this stainless bottom metal, purely for looks/class.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 47 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,782
Posts18,477,172
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.