-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
My annual Wyoming antelope hunt with my son and grandson isnt going to happen this year (first time I havent been able to draw tags). The grandson plays baseball all summer (dad coaches) so I'm trying to find something to do before school starts. My son and I hunted the Rosebud Rez for many years, but not lately. It was always a challenge to find a reliable Indian guide. Any suggestions for a three day PD shoot? I would prefer public or private lands. A reasonable guide fee is no problem. We have plenty of rifles, benches and other gear... I would also like to bring one of my granddaughters as well. She is a very avid hunter and at 13 yrs old, just the right age.

Any suggestions or contact info is greatly appreciated.... Mike drossel@excel.net

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good luck…prairie doggin (at least for me) has been pretty challenging the last 20 years. I used to hunt the Rosebud too. Back when you could buy a $5 or $7 permit and shoot anywhere you wanted WITHOUT a guide. I hunted it once or twice after they started requiring a guide and it was definitely not enjoyable dragging a guide around who didn’t give a $hit about anything other than getting more beer.

I shot several private ranches near there but they all got poisoned or hit by the plague. Every time I’d find a new place to shoot it never lasted more than a few years before it got poisoned.

People are pretty hush hush anymore if they get a good place to shoot.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 771 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,661
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.