Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
It seems to me that with the billions of stars in our own galaxy and thousands of galaxies "out there," that there must be intelligent life somewhere else, other than just our planet.

As far as space aliens visiting our planet, I've seen several of them a few times on Saturday night on Hollywood Blvd., when I lived in Los Angeles. They seemed quite lively. grin

L.W.

Hope intelligent life exist somewhere. The news shows daily it doesn't exist here.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ingwe
I have absolutely no doubt life exists elsewhere. I am not completely against the notion they have visited here, or at least done a drive by...but Im not so sure they've ever landed and walked around.

Considering the vastness of the Universe, and the probability that the Universe is at least 26 Billion years old.

And considering that the Milky Way is half that age, and that Earth is 4.5 billion years old, and that ALMOST all life on Earth was made extinct a mere 66 million years ago.

All mammals, including bipeds and man have evolved from little furry rodent type critters which survived the K-T extinction event 66 million years ago.

It is inconceivable that intelligent life has not occurred on a multitude of varying planets within a multitude of varying galaxies, and gone extinct and risen time after time.

The question then becomes, is there intelligent life out there right now, in this microscopic slice of time that Man has existed as an intelligent species?

If the James Webb telescope could show us unmistakable proof of life in a far away galaxy 10 billion light years away, that would only prove that such life existed there 10 billion years ago. Long before the matter of Earth coalesced out of the gaseous clouds.

The question then becomes "Is there intelligent life out there right now?" and "Is it in close enough proximity to travel to Earth?"

I find the answer to that to be "It is extremely unlikely!"

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is some discussion that human life (or something similar) began and ended several times on earth as our globe went through catastrophic changes. Ice ages caused by asteroid strikes, huge destruction caused by gamma bursts from our sun, planet wide destruction caused by global warming on a scale we can't conceive , etc..... and yet we have survived- albeit possibly on our fourth or fifth version according to these theories.

So, if another species was to visit our planet from a place so far away, with the intelligence needed to construct craft that would need to travel faster than light, and they were looking for relatively intelligent species to study, assimilate, or cook for dinner- what do you think the chances are they would come upon us during one of our "more advanced" periods? About the chance of picking the lottery numbers for a billion dollar lottery ticket 10 times in a row?

Intelligence only counts for a small amount of discovery. Just plain sheer luck, timing, and chance account for much more- which IMO makes it virtually impossible that alien species have been here at any time we can recount. And even if they were, how would we know or prove it?

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I sure hope so. Or at least out there… I’d hate to think that we are the best and only thing the universe has to offer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
One must look at the evidence first, then consider our evolution. For example, less than 20 years after the Wright brothers flew, we were fighting a war with airplanes. 3 decades later we vaporized two cities in Japan with nuclear weapons. 24 years later I was flying upside down in helicopters while a couple other fellas were walking on the moon.

Kirk said “Warp 5 Mr. Sulu.” I think it inevitable.

Ask yourself this: What is the origin of the occupants in the White House?

I'm pretty sure my wife is an alien.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Sheister
There is some discussion that human life (or something similar) began and ended several times on earth as our globe went through catastrophic changes. Ice ages caused by asteroid strikes, huge destruction caused by gamma bursts from our sun, planet wide destruction caused by global warming on a scale we can't conceive , etc..... and yet we have survived- albeit possibly on our fourth or fifth version according to these theories.
I find that theory to be very, very unlikely. If only because such earlier civilizations would have consumed the hydrocarbons we so easily discovered all over and very near to the surface of the Earth.

Couple that with pretty solid lineage of evolution since the K-T extinction event. Unless, maybe folks are claiming these advanced civilizations were of reptilian form and occurred during the Mesozoic Era.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
One must look at the evidence first, then consider our evolution. For example, less than 20 years after the Wright brothers flew, we were fighting a war with airplanes. 3 decades later we vaporized two cities in Japan with nuclear weapons. 24 years later I was flying upside down in helicopters while a couple other fellas were walking on the moon.

Kirk said “Warp 5 Mr. Sulu.” I think it inevitable.

Ask yourself this: What is the origin of the occupants in the White House?

I'm pretty sure my wife is an alien.

Funny thing about aliens, they don't need hugging, kissing, loving or fuggin. They also don't need a fuggin husband.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 222ND
Extraterrestrial visitors? Yea or nay

Nay

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Mea.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Extraterrestrials? Yes, it's a very big universe.
Visitors? No, not at all likely.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am a creationist, and if anything like 'this' or close to 'this' was not done somewhere else it is a huge waste of space...... but yeah or nay, that was not my call.

If you are of the evolutionist or chance or blind luck camp, then it likely has happened somewhere else.....

IF, and that's a big IF, they have made it here we are not a threat to them. Why exactly congress is so worried about this is beyond me, because there's not a damn thing we can do about it.............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I believe there’s something we refer to as extraterrestrial. Don’t know what it is but there’s something we have not the knowledge to understand. We as humans surely don’t have the ability or the unknown scientific skills to explain everything out there in the rest of infinity. And then there’s that God thing.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I don't know the answer but I do question some of the things you see going on in the sky on a pitch black night while looking through a telescope or even bino's.

There are things that streak from one edge of the sky to the other and back in a second or two.

If that is alien space craft, I can see how they can potentially get in to our atmosphere in a time frame that we can't even begin to fathom.
I've seen the same. Darting across the sky, making sharp 90 degree turns, and then vanishing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Funny thing about aliens, they don't need hugging, kissing, loving or fuggin. They also don't need a fuggin husband.

Jagoff...... laugh laugh

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 37 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,156
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.