Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm diggin the option with the gold painted half-moon (I guess that's what you'd call it) to go with a Fermin built brass bead front sight.

GB1

skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
2 Dogs...

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
A few weeks ago I met Ronnie Wells for the first time at Raton, New Mexico & he had an amazing display of brass & aluminum grip frames for any & all Ruger revolvers. They were machined perfectly, plus he also had some new rear sights being brought out by him & fellow Texan Fermin 2Dogs Garza, one of my old buddies since 2006.
Although it was my first time meeting Ronnie his name is well known in the hand gun circles, he been "smithing" for a long time. When two guys like Ronnie & Fermin team up on a project you know something good is coming. Revolver shooters have been lusting for a quality rear sight every since the Bowen rear sight dropped off the radar, well, the wait is over, I just got 3 of Ronnie & Fermins beauties in the mail a couple of days ago & they are top quality all the way around & the price is great.
They are easy to install, just remove your old Ruger sight, install the new, heavier spring that's supplied, put some pressure on the spring with the supplied allen wrench while you press in the new sight & while holding it flush just tighten the allen screw in the very back. Then replace the windage screw that you removed in the beginning, done! Here's 2 of the 3 I received, one on my 8 shot Blackhawk 327 & the other on my bisley 41 magnum.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It appears it will require a different front sight height?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Ed, they have them in several different height's & several different profiles, round, V notch, different width's, etc. They seem to have all the bases covered for just about any Ruger hand gun.

Dick

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Both Fermin and Ronnie are top notch

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
THE SIGHTS ARE ALL STEEL, EASY TO INSTALL AND MOST PROBABLY WILL WORK WITH YOUR EXISTING FRONT SIGHTS. VARIOUS CONFIGURATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE ALL BLACK SERRATED RS BLADE, e.g. WHITE OUTLINE, BLACK OUTLINE, NO OUTLINE AND MORE. THEY HAVE BEEN ENGINEERED/DESIGNED TO DEFLECT LIGHT/AVOID GLARE. I BELIEVE THEY WILL COST $70, DO NOT KNOW ABOUT TAX AND SHIPPING.

THESE ARE A GREAT IMPROVEMENT ON THE RUGER RS's.

FOROT TO MENTION THE SET SCREW (SUPPLIED WITH THE SIGHT). ONCE YOU HAVE DIALED IN THE WINDAGE YOU TIGHTEN THE SET SCREW, KEEPS IT ROCK SOLID. WHEN AIMING THE SCREW IS NOT A DISTRACTION/ISSUE. 2 DOGS SAYS IF YOU PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION YOU WILL SEE THAT THE RUGER RS BLADE MOVES SOME WITH RECOIL SO THEY DECIDED TO ADD A SET SCREW BEST WAY TO TIGHEN THE SET SCREW IS WITH AN EMPTY GUN AND THE HAMMER COCKED.

skeen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Fermin Garza interview on Shortgun Sportsman.

https://shortgunsportsman.podbean.com/e/fermin-garza/

WAS AT MY RANGE ON THE RIO GRANDE THIS PAST THURSDAY MORNING, 90 DEGREES, WINDY, CLOULDLESS, BRIGHT, SUNNY, JUST ALL AROUND CRAPPY SHOOTING CONDITIONS OUT IN THE OPEN. WAS SHOOTING A COUPLE OF N FRAME 357's AND THE GLARE ON THE FRONT AND REAR SIGHTS WAS REALLY SCREWING ME UP. I FINISHED UP MY RANGE SESSION WITH A BLUE SINGLE SIX 22lr WITH A 2 DOGS FS AND A RW 2 DOGS BLACK OUTLINE RS, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! NO GLARE, CLEAR SIGHT PICTURE, EASY TO AIM, EASY TO HIT, BELIEVE ME THESE SIGHTS WORK. IF YOU THINK YOU DO NOT NEED A RW 2 DOGS RS, THINK AGAIN.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,839
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.