-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 35 36
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He's busy formulating an anti-Trump tirade. Standby....

LOL
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Yes, this has drifted off topic a bit.

Originally Posted by rainshot
Like abortion or not there is no provision for it in the Constitution, there never was and there should not be. It is against all that is moral, holy and there is no viable argument for it. The claim that a woman has the right to choose is bogus and a fraudulent sidestep of the issue. The woman is only able to have the child she cannot impregnate herself. When you decide the "right to choose" whether another being lives or dies that makes you above all that's moral, holy and legal. You want an abortion, it's up to you and your own conscience but leave the law and the Constitution out of it and don't expect taxpayers to pay for it.
I will not comment on the morality of abortion. And abortion sure as hell should never be at taxpayer expense.

But it should be noted there is no mention of the practice in COTUS.

It is not like the Founding Fathers had no knowledge of the practice.

The first recorded evidence of induced abortion is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BCE. Many of the methods employed in early cultures were non-surgical. Physical activities such as strenuous labor, climbing, paddling, weightlifting, or diving were a common technique.

There was a time when abortion was simply part of life in the United States. People didn’t scream about it in protest, and services were marketed openly.

Drugs to induce abortions were a booming business. They were advertised in newspapers and could be bought from pharmacists, from physicians and even through the mail. If drugs didn’t work, women could visit practitioners for instrumental procedures.

The earliest efforts to govern abortions centered on concerns about poisoning, not morality, religion or politics. It was the mid-19th century, long before abortion became the hot-button issue it is now.

This review of abortion history considers sacred and secular practice and traces abortion in the US, the legacy of the 19th century, and the change that occurred in the 20th century. Abortion has been practiced since ancient times. Laws that prohibit absolutely the practice of abortion are a relatively recent development. In the early Roman Catholic church, abortion was permitted for male fetuses in the first 40 days of pregnancy and for female fetuses in the first 80-90 days. Not until 1588 did Pope Sixtus V declare all abortion murder, with excommunication as the punishment. Only 3 years later a new pope found the absolute sanction unworkable and again allowed early abortions. 300 years would pass before the Catholic church under Pius IX again declared all abortion murder.

Don't ask me how they determined the gender of the fetus in the first 40 days.

Federal judges have blocked the new restrictions until legal challenges to their constitutionality are settled. But the six-week deadline contrasts starkly with early American abortion law, where the procedure was legal until “quickening”—the first time a mother feels the baby kick, which can happen anywhere from 14 weeks to 26 weeks into pregnancy.

Abortion was not just legal—it was a safe, condoned, and practiced procedure in colonial America and common enough to appear in the legal and medical records of the period. Official abortion laws did not appear on the books in the United States until 1821, and abortion before quickening did not become illegal until the 1860s. If a woman living in New England in the 17th or 18th centuries wanted an abortion, no legal, social, or religious force would have stopped her.

I am comfortable in the statement that the Founding Fathers did not mention the practice of abortion because they felt it was not a purview of The State. Which would be my strongly held opinion at this time.

The question of abortion is a religious question, rather than a moral question. They are not the same. Religion is not a purview of the state either.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Considering 1/2 the members here aren't men of faith, that should eliminate that stumbling block on the abortion subject.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rem shooter
and a hunter and shooter .Why do you still side with democrats and liberals and vote for them ? After they voted all those hidious gun control laws into being in Oregon last fall ?.and seen the things democrats have done to destroy the cities .and the counties next in Oregon? ..or i should say as a hunter and shooter what are your thoughts on the draconion gun laws democrats voted on in Oregon and how is it affecting people there? i always wanted to go to Oregon and washington state and California ,but not now after democrats have ruined all three states. i will never go to any of them

I have strongly-held immutable principles that fall on the R side of our [bleep] two-party system, and strongly-held immutable principles that fall on the D side of our [bleep] two-party system. Every election I get to choose which red-hot poker to ram up my own ass. I’m registered Independent and that’s how I vote. I vote R, D, L, and I.

I will never, ever, vote for any candidate who has supported Trump’s election-theft lies. I’d vote for a moldy ham sandwich over them. That’s true for a whole bunch of like-minded folks; there’s more than enough of us to swing national elections (we did just that in 2020 and I’m proud of it). It’s not me screwing our gun rights. It’s the only-Trump election deniers. They are repulsive to rationality and will continue to cost actual rational reality-based conservatism, and by extension gun rights, dearly.

Come back towards reality, cut the bloodthirsty kill-your-opponents crap, speak out against the blatant racism and bigotry that is celebrated right here without comment from supposedly decent folk, and get my vote and millions just like me. It’s just that simple. I’d love to vote for an actual conservative. Not this bullshït calling itself conservative these days.

Live in fantasy land, tolerate the calls for violence against fellow Americans, support the toxic lie that Trump won in 2020, participate in the ugly racism here, and all I can say is enjoy your time in the minority, and GEE THANKS for [bleep] my gun rights in the process of making yourself irrelevant.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There it is ^^^^^, the anti-Trump tirade that is al too predictable with these nutjobs.

LOL
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Like abortion or not there is no provision for it in the Constitution, there never was and there should not be. It is against all that is moral, holy and there is no viable argument for it. The claim that a woman has the right to choose is bogus and a fraudulent sidestep of the issue. The woman is only able to have the child she cannot impregnate herself. When you decide the "right to choose" whether another being lives or dies that makes you above all that's moral, holy and legal. You want an abortion, it's up to you and your own conscience but leave the law and the Constitution out of it and don't expect taxpayers to pay for it.
I will not comment on the morality of abortion. And abortion sure as hell should never be at taxpayer expense.

The first recorded evidence of induced abortion is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BCE. Many of the methods employed in early cultures were non-surgical. Physical activities such as strenuous labor, climbing, paddling, weightlifting, or diving were a common technique.

There was a time when abortion was simply part of life in the United States. People didn’t scream about it in protest, and services were marketed openly.

Drugs to induce abortions were a booming business. They were advertised in newspapers and could be bought from pharmacists, from physicians and even through the mail. If drugs didn’t work, women could visit practitioners for instrumental procedures.

The earliest efforts to govern abortions centered on concerns about poisoning, not morality, religion or politics. It was the mid-19th century, long before abortion became the hot-button issue it is now.

This review of abortion history considers sacred and secular practice and traces abortion in the US, the legacy of the 19th century, and the change that occurred in the 20th century. Abortion has been practiced since ancient times. Laws that prohibit absolutely the practice of abortion are a relatively recent development. In the early Roman Catholic church, abortion was permitted for male fetuses in the first 40 days of pregnancy and for female fetuses in the first 80-90 days. Not until 1588 did Pope Sixtus V declare all abortion murder, with excommunication as the punishment. Only 3 years later a new pope found the absolute sanction unworkable and again allowed early abortions. 300 years would pass before the Catholic church under Pius IX again declared all abortion murder.

Federal judges have blocked the new restrictions until legal challenges to their constitutionality are settled. But the six-week deadline contrasts starkly with early American abortion law, where the procedure was legal until “quickening”—the first time a mother feels the baby kick, which can happen anywhere from 14 weeks to 26 weeks into pregnancy.

Abortion was not just legal—it was a safe, condoned, and practiced procedure in colonial America and common enough to appear in the legal and medical records of the period. Official abortion laws did not appear on the books in the United States until 1821, and abortion before quickening did not become illegal until the 1860s. If a woman living in New England in the 17th or 18th centuries wanted an abortion, no legal, social, or religious force would have stopped her.

I am comfortable in the statement that the Founding Fathers did not mention the practice of abortion because they felt it was not a purview of The State. Which would be my strongly held opinion at this time.

The question of abortion is a religious question, rather than a moral question. They are not the same. Religion is not a purview of the state either.

The Constitution does address abortion as part of the rights that are retained by the people, i.e., the 9th Amendment. Personally, I think abortion is a form of murder and thus can be regulated by the police powers inherent in the state (i.e., the 10th Amendment), but that's irrelevant to the question of whether abortion is a right protected at the federal level. I also believe that gun ownership is also protected by the 9th Amendment as well as the 2nd. Courts tend to ignore the 9th and 10th Amendments but they really were meant to be the legal bulwark against government tyranny.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by BMT
Since I get this question alot. . . . ..

1-I voted for Trump 4 times (2016 Primary and General Elections, 2020 Primary and General Elections).

2-My spouse and I gave Max donations to Trump in 2016 and 2020.

3-I wrote a pro-Trump editorial in 2016.

4-Oregon is Gerrymandered. Portland and Eugene are hard Left. But Springfield, Oregon (directly adjacent to Eugene) is conservative.

5-Oregon is 47% Dem/Leftist, 43% Right leaning Conservative, 10% Libertarian.

6-See the red/blue by county chart in this article:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oregon-sheriffs-enforce-new-gun-law-infringes-second-amendment

7-Oregon was a pro-gun state when I moved here in 1990. I grew up in Ronald Reagan's California (which was a red state through the 1980's). Now, I have kids, grandkids, a law practice

8-Almost 100% of the leftist/Stupid is stuck inside a few cities. The rest of us just roll our eyes at them and patronize elsewhere.

Example: I can drive 20 minutes and swim in the Junction City, Oregon, community pool. It is a small town community pool-right out of the movies. Or I can drive 20 minutes and swim in the City of Eugene, pool. Junction City wins.

9-I have chosen to stay and battle them. Others have fled. I rely upon ROmans 5:20: "where sin increased, grace overflowed all the more."

10-Most "pro-gun" democrats in Oregon vote Dem because they are pro abortion.

BMT

You can’t hide Your Lying eYe’s ..

Oregon is worse than Massinsanity..

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
There it is ^^^^^, the anti-Trump tirade that is al too predictable with these nutjobs.
You two should mud wrestle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
and a hunter and shooter .Why do you still side with democrats and liberals and vote for them ? After they voted all those hidious gun control laws into being in Oregon last fall ?.and seen the things democrats have done to destroy the cities .and the counties next in Oregon? ..or i should say as a hunter and shooter what are your thoughts on the draconion gun laws democrats voted on in Oregon and how is it affecting people there? i always wanted to go to Oregon and washington state and California ,but not now after democrats have ruined all three states. i will never go to any of them

I have strongly-held immutable principles that fall on the R side of our [bleep] two-party system, and strongly-held immutable principles that fall on the D side of our [bleep] two-party system. Every election I get to choose which red-hot poker to ram up my own ass. I’m registered Independent and that’s how I vote. I vote R, D, L, and I.

I will never, ever, vote for any candidate who has supported Trump’s election-theft lies. I’d vote for a moldy ham sandwich over them. That’s true for a whole bunch of like-minded folks; there’s more than enough of us to swing national elections (we did just that in 2020 and I’m proud of it). It’s not me screwing our gun rights. It’s the only-Trump election deniers. They are repulsive to rationality and will continue to cost actual rational reality-based conservatism, and by extension gun rights, dearly.

Come back towards reality, cut the bloodthirsty kill-your-opponents crap, speak out against the blatant racism and bigotry that is celebrated right here without comment from supposedly decent folk, and get my vote and millions just like me. It’s just that simple. I’d love to vote for an actual conservative. Not this bullshït calling itself conservative these days.

Live in fantasy land, tolerate the calls for violence against fellow Americans, support the toxic lie that Trump won in 2020, participate in the ugly racism here, and all I can say is enjoy your time in the minority, and GEE THANKS for [bleep] my gun rights in the process of making yourself irrelevant.

What was your excuse when you voted for Obama twice? We all know you voted for Al Gore and John Kerry. Last time you voted Republican was probably in 1984.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Fugk off Jeff, you slimy little communist sheit, twinkle-toed corksucker!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

While audit after audit shows there does exist a paper ballot for every vote registered with Dominion. Sydney Powell and Rudy J have both admitted to lying before and in the aftermath of the 2020 election. Campaign rhetoric!

Do you actual;ly believe that no ballot boxes were stuffed in swing states to help elect Biden?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

While audit after audit shows there does exist a paper ballot for every vote registered with Dominion. Sydney Powell and Rudy J have both admitted to lying before and in the aftermath of the 2020 election. Campaign rhetoric!

Do you actual;ly believe that no ballot boxes were stuffed in swing states to help elect Biden?

I actually think that Biden's BFF's country had a role in that election, Not mentioned much but they had to see all the holes we have in that process.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Wetter'n Orygun as a location is a little vague...but for those of you back east that may not get Orygun demographics...the Democrat infection is pretty well confined to the Willamette Valley and to a lesser extent the I-5 corridor, particularly in the north. The heavy blue areas coincide very well with centers of higher education as well, urban mindset also. Portland of course, Salem, Corvallis, Eugene and Ashland are heavily infected. Bend Or over on the dry side is pretty wobbly purple. The corridor is Subaru country. Starbucks. Climate warriors. The rest of the state...sane sensible folks that actually produce something to live. Don't judge Orygun by the college corridor.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Someone dig up the thread, where he "couldn't open a box of bullets" !!!

He's a fu'ckin retard at best. A commie at worst.

Combination of the two.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
“ Do you actual;ly believe that no ballot boxes were stuffed in swing states to help elect Biden?”

Like Biden, he only believes what his handlers tell him to believe.

To see who he blames for gun laws in his area, yet ignores the reality it was his democrats that he so loves that screwed the pooch!

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Wetter'n Orygun as a location is a little vague...but for those of you back east that may not get Orygun demographics...the Democrat infection is pretty well confined to the Willamette Valley and to a lesser extent the I-5 corridor, particularly in the north. The heavy blue areas coincide very well with centers of higher education as well, urban mindset also. Portland of course, Salem, Corvallis, Eugene and Ashland are heavily infected. Bend Or over on the dry side is pretty wobbly purple. The corridor is Subaru country. Starbucks. Climate warriors. The rest of the state...sane sensible folks that actually produce something to live. Don't judge Orygun by the college corridor.

BIL and SIL live in Medford. They are as conservative as the day is long but boy are they surrounded by commies.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey Jeff, please remove your avatar, freedom is not something you support.

You can replace it, with a pic of the cum stain, in the centre rear, of your drivers seat !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s not me screwing our gun rights. It’s the only-Trump election deniers.

Name 5, and I'll name 500 that are "screwing with gun rights"

GEE THANKS for [bleep] my gun rights in the process of making yourself irrelevant.

Do you use the legal or illegal dope in Oregon?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
A meandering senseless response from a drug addict who doesn't hunt and supports gun control.

His brain is so broken from decades of hardcore drug use he fancies himself a pro American now but states that Portland is one of the cleanest most livable cities now in the US

He's the campfire clown and provides entertainment for everyone

Last edited by ribka; 08/03/23.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
More commie gaslighting.

Page 3 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

183 members (450yukon, 673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 26 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,864
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.