-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have rescued two M-70s in the last few years in unexpected places: this last rifle is a nice 270.
It came with a B&L scope which was changed out for a Lyman Alaskan with Buehler mts and rings. (Keep your period optics & mounts).
Now it is a real rifle. The other M-70 was a Featherweight 30-06.

The prices for both these rifles defies belief, but I shot my first bull elk in CO with an original takedown 1895 in 405. Many of today's "hunters" luckily do not recognize early rifles.
And I own two pre-war 71s in 450 Alaskan. Nothing from Winchester after 1960.
One has to know quality-and insist on it. Both O'conner and Keith knew that. Stainless rifles are not really necessary
unless you live on Kodiak and guide year round in salt conditions.

NRA-LIFE

Combat vol-5th SFG(ABN) Khe Sanh-71-72

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uh,,,, ok I think..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 450Fuller
I have rescued two M-70s in the last few years in unexpected places: this last rifle is a nice 270.
It came with a B&L scope which was changed out for a Lyman Alaskan with Buehler mts and rings. (Keep your period optics & mounts).
Now it is a real rifle. The other M-70 was a Featherweight 30-06.

The prices for both these rifles defies belief, but I shot my first bull elk in CO with an original takedown 1895 in 405. Many of today's "hunters" luckily do not recognize early rifles.
And I own two pre-war 71s in 450 Alaskan. Nothing from Winchester after 1960.
One has to know quality-and insist on it. Both O'conner and Keith knew that. Stainless rifles are not really necessary
unless you live on Kodiak and guide year round in salt conditions.

NRA-LIFE

Combat vol-5th SFG(ABN) Khe Sanh-71-72

Come on, at least post some pictures of these rifles if you are in the story telling mood!!!! I have always liked looking at pictures better..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I would for sure, but I broke my camera up near Wien Lake in the Interior-taking a picture of both the
moose I shot and the early Model 71 Winchester in 348 Ackley Imp. Camera may be ruined
through shock impact and old age. Sounds like one of my wolf dog's condition.

Shrapnel would appreciate how it can happen in the bush.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
There's this little "thingy" of most mobile phones which correlates typically correlates to a half decent camera. Might check unless your phone is yet the hand-crank model requiring "Hello Central" operator assist! smile And

"Wien Lake",your referring to "Wienerwaldsee, more like a reservoir?" Is that the locale of the big antique Farris Wheel... Where never to take a hungover date? Projectile up-chuck, a breeze and hapless folks below. Ah memories... Odor of recycled Rotwein and Strudel!

Anonymous~ smile smile smile

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
No, this is in grizzly-moose country. BUT there are plenty of Russians, not just at Barrow.
Cars are stolen quite regularly where there is a large congregation N. of Fairbanks.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 76 invisible), 3,058 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,228
Posts18,485,631
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.