K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
1000 rounds of blathering bullschidt

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You ladies should combine "resources" and go halfsies on a down payment for a camera,though there's no slighting why you steal mine...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Plum flattering how much you Do NOTHING Kchunts think about me and you gals suck a mean ass to boot. Hint.

Bless your hearts,for doing your HILARIOUS Brokedick best.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Live in your own mind schtick, but not a winning benchrest competitor on the planet, whether for score or group, will agree with your assessment or gibberish. A great group or the placement of it is worthless info without wind info at the time of the shot. Period.

You won't own up to it, but it's simply the way it is. Mike drop

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Thus explaining the virtual 1000 shots per day.

The other 997 went slightly off track. Hint

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dumbo,

Keep licking windows and wishing you were there,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You gals should form an alliance to combine your "powers",so as to keep things "fair". The Twatly Trifecta,is a "hard charging" band of Delusional Brokedick Dreamers,who couldn't summons a sound rifle as a group effort. Hint.

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you gals can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Stick,

How much rain do you all get a year?

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nearly got a foot last year and I was worried that the fences were gonna rust and the Critters were gonna get out! Hint...................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of people like to blame their misses on the scope. It's convenient. Any time I have ever put the plus sign of a Leupold on an animal and pulled the trigger, the animal died. That's what scopes are for.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Folks who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,are BEST served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Hint.

When was the last time you fired a live round? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
One of the Leupolds I sent back, and is being replaced, was so bad I couldn’t get anything even close to resembling a zero. The groups were dismal and the tracking didn’t make any sense at all. Moving 2 moa L ended up moving more like 5-6. Groups were like patterns as you can see. Would it have ended up with a dead animal? Maybe at 100yds, as long as you don’t need to adjust anything. Was the scope broken? Absolutely.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The other replaced scope was a 6-5-20 that was on a sharp recoiling cooper in .22 hornet…

Last edited by robertham1; 08/06/23.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The longer the tube length,the worse they do. Doubly so in 1". Hint.

A tall target test will resolve all,in mere minutes. Saw (3) NIB Reupolds Puke on a single outing,doing same. In fairness,you can generally hear it,with a shake. Hint.

The only thing Paula "shoots" is her mouth and Imagination...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Nearly got a foot last year and I was worried that the fences were gonna rust and the Critters were gonna get out! Hint...................

Stick, hold tight at the gates to the AK petting zoo, one of the greatest places on earth! I miss it every day!

Paul / et. all,

While I have some Leupold, mostly on rimfires, I no longer have any on centerfires or big game rifles. I’ve had too many NOT hold zero.

It does nothing for one’s confidence when you have to adjust up five, down seven, tap on the scope and put chicken bones around your shooting bench just to get a scope dialed in. There are many of us who have quietly migrated away from Leupold. I have a Trijicon Ten Mile on its way to put on a 6.5 SAUM that I had built.

Good shootin folks.

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by robertham1
One of the Leupolds I sent back, and is being replaced, was so bad I couldn’t get anything even close to resembling a zero. The groups were dismal and the tracking didn’t make any sense at all. Moving 2 moa L ended up moving more like 5-6. Groups were like patterns as you can see. Would it have ended up with a dead animal? Maybe at 100yds, as long as you don’t need to adjust anything. Was the scope broken? Absolutely.

The other replaced scope was a 6-5-20 that was on a sharp recoiling cooper in .22 hornet…

You sure it's not a cracked scope ring?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The 3 I have used have all had to be sent back for moving zero. Leupold always claims there was nothing wrong with them. Even new None of them would adjust as advertised. I had 2 fail last deer season. Haven't sent them back yet pretty disgusted with them as a brand. Bought replacements of another brand.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by robertham1

You sure it's not a cracked scope ring?

Yea I’m sure. The rings were/are sound

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dubiedog
I own 2 Freedom 3-9x40’s with the Hunt Plex reticle, non-CDS. They seem to be the current version of the VX-2 optically. I’ve only looked through a VX-3HD at the range, and the glass was better, slightly. It’s probably more noticeable in low light or identifying a target in the shadows. Is it worth the extra $ to go for the HD? I say, “no.” The difference in adjustment range is irrelevant since neither scope has parallax adjustment, which shows itself at closer ranges than folks realize. Unless you’re worried about resale value, I’d go either the Freedom for the price difference.

Dubiedog- agree, very sensibly stated. The Freedom will get you past legal hunting times and is very easy to mount. Just bought one myself and also have a VX-3. Wil try to compare the two in field condition some time. Hard to pay for an VX-3 HD when options like the Freedom or certain Burris are out there. I went with the Freedom instead of an FF2 or Droptine or E1 only because of the #4 hunt reticle. It is a sleek looking scope. Is it worth another hundred bucks over the Droptine we just bought my future S-i-L.....only if the reticle matters enough -and the overall price isn't prohibitive to you. It wasn't to me but if it were even a few bucks more my last scope would say Burris on the side. I used to always say things like pay for the best scope you can afford, or it is cheaper to buy once....but entry level scopes have so upped their game over the past decade or so you get a heck of a lot more bang for fewer bucks.

Last edited by kenjs1; 08/08/23.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The hunt plex reticle is an abortion like the wide duplex.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not for my situations.

To each his own.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I guess. I find the large spacing between the ends of the thick parts of the reticles makes them little better than a plain crosshair.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
A lot of people like to blame their misses on the scope. It's convenient. Any time I have ever put the plus sign of a Leupold on an animal and pulled the trigger, the animal died. That's what scopes are for.

Paul, had my dad lined up on a coues buck once. At 200 yards. He got steady, took the shot, and missed. I checked the rifle later that day. Was 4MOA off to the right. Hadn't been dropped or hit hard or anything, since zeroing just before the hunt. A few days later, got back on the same buck, one drainage over, and he killed it. It had a graze across it's throat, where the POI would've been, with the scope being off 4MOA. I'll hedge my bets with scopes which don't shuffle on me. A click off here and there, sure, but doing the zero shuffle is overrated.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 29aholic, 1_deuce, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 41 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,205
Posts18,503,819
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.