Campfire Regular
I'd like to have the 22" Creed

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
D
The handle does look a little busy. But if they can’t replicate Melvin’s candy-cane camo stripes or the leafy pattern paint jobs, I don’t want it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If I'm understanding correctly, the following are the options:

Available Calibers and Barrel Lengths
.243 Winchester 20" and 22" (1-10 Twist)
6.5 Creedmoor 20" and 22" (1-8 Twist)
7mm08 Remington 20" (1-9 Twist)
.308 Winchester 16.25" and 20" (1-11.25 Twist)
.358 Winchester 16.25" and 20" (1-14 Twist)

They took the .243 out of consideration with the 1/10. I'm not against the .243 but I would have gone 6 CM for the 6mm bore offering.

7-08 would be ok for 162's but going 1/8 would have been good for anyone wanting to play with 180 eldm's and still would have worked for 162's.

Everyone has their own preferences. If they meet what you're looking for I'm sure they'll be fine rifles. The two bores that were the most interesting to me lost my interest with rate of twist and chambering.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Handles and paint are EASY fixes,RPM ain't. Hint..........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Should note that I think the 22 CM would have been a really nice offering, especially following SAAMI. ...but twist it for the longest...

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Goat Fhuqks,due RPM alone. Shame. Hint..............

What a ridiculous area to screw up these days on this kind of rifle, makes you what other less obvious places they might have hosed things up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
If I'm understanding correctly, the following are the options:

They took the .243 out of consideration with the 1/10. I'm not against the .243 but I would have gone 6 CM for the 6mm bore offering.

Same - and a minimum of 1:8 twist.

I'm likely belaboring the point here but I just don't understand shutting the door to a lot of prospective customers with the given twist rates.
Wilson kicks some tail with their custom pistols and I assume with the AR offerings but it appears there will be some learnings with the bolt actions – different audience for them.

Also, per the website, the barrel will be threaded 5/8"x24 - taint a lot of meat there for a lightweight barrel unless it's trumpeted somehow.

All conjecture on my part until they're at the actual offering stage. I'll shut up now. blush

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That makes buying a pile of these look better and better!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1001769011

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1001748298

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by SKane
1:10 on the .243? 🤦🏼‍♂️

This

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ronnie did it BEST and by miles. S/S through and through,(5) 8x40's on top,RPM on the money and throated exceptionally to boot. Hint...........

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I don't know who Ronnie is and I've never seen the Wilson guns, but of what I've owned, the Barrett Fieldcrafts were the best of that series so far. Barrets had a few design updates that were improvements over the NULA and accuracy and quality that equaled or exceeded the earlier guns. Unfortunately, they've all been hindered by a really tough stock design. I've had ULAs, NULAs, Fieldcrafts and Colts and they all shot great, but with that stock, they all punched about 3-4 cartridges above their weight class. The dozen or so people that shot mine over the years all responded with !?@! that thing kicks hard immediately after the first shot, which tells me that I'm not the only one that feels that way.

From the pictures, the Wilson appears to have that same stock. I don't own a single one now and don't miss any of them.

Last edited by DesertMuleDeer; 08/07/23.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ronnie Barrett. Hint.

A VERY wise man mentioned prior,that ergo's are subjective. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ronnie Barrett. Hint.javascript:quickReply(18650594,1,0)

A VERY wise man mentioned prior,that ergo's are subjective. Hint................

Until a dozen people say the same thing. Hint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pards and I are only good for a coupla dozen of 'em and that has yet to be mentioned,by anyone. Some folks are soft. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not forget,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Ronnie did it BEST and by miles. S/S through and through,(5) 8x40's on top,RPM on the money and throated exceptionally to boot. Hint...........

I don't know who Ronnie is and I've never seen the Wilson guns, but of what I've owned, the Barrett Fieldcrafts were the best of that series so far. Barrets had a few design updates that were improvements over the NULA and accuracy and quality that equaled or exceeded the earlier guns. Unfortunately, they've all been hindered by a really tough stock design. I've had ULAs, NULAs, Fieldcrafts and Colts and they all shot great, but with that stock, they all punched about 3-4 cartridges above their weight class. The dozen or so people that shot mine over the years all responded with !?@! that thing kicks hard immediately after the first shot, which tells me that I'm not the only one that feels that way.

From the pictures, the Wilson appears to have that same stock. I don't own a single one now and don't miss any of them.

One day I’d love to have someone explain the science of biomechanics and ergonomics in regards to stock fit and design/ felt recoil. My Colts in getting the NULA style treatment but my experience last fall with the factory stock (cheap plastic but very similar in shape from what I understand?) was the exact opposite. I couldn’t believe how pleasant the 7mm Rem mag recoil with the hard rubber pad was compared to my old 700bdl 7mm Rem mag with a Limbsaver was. Not that either are bad I just expected more from the Colt being a pound lighter. Not meaning to contradict your experience just a genuine curiosity.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm probably soft and have no desire to imitate, which generally makes me unpopular.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In these parts,young ladies whistle 147's at 2700fps+ MPAJ at 900yd steel,with a smile on their face. Hint.

Just sayin'

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Remington92

One day I’d love to have someone explain the science of biomechanics and ergonomics in regards to stock fit and design/ felt recoil. My Colts in getting the NULA style treatment but my experience last fall with the factory stock (cheap plastic but very similar in shape from what I understand?) was the exact opposite. I couldn’t believe how pleasant the 7mm Rem mag recoil with the hard rubber pad was compared to my old 700bdl 7mm Rem mag with a Limbsaver was. Not that either are bad I just expected more from the Colt being a pound lighter. Not meaning to contradict your experience just a genuine curiosity.

Not sure of the science and I'm genuinely glad you like them because many say they do on here. I'm in no way doubting your experience. I've just yet to run into the person in real life that doesn't comment on the recoil. I always found Kimbers to be really light in recoil for me but my .30-06 NULA was as bad or worse than my similar weight .375 H&H in a Bansner.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
In these parts,young ladies whistle 147's at 2700fps+ MPAJ at 900yd steel,with a smile on their face. Hint.

Just sayin'

Hint.

Keep whistling, Young Lady. Eventually, you might get there.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Remington92

Not sure of the science and I'm genuinely glad you like them because many say they do on here. I'm in no way doubting your experience. I've just yet to run into the person in real life that doesn't comment on the recoil. I always found Kimbers to be really light in recoil for me but my .30-06 NULA was as bad or worse than my similar weight .375 H&H in a Bansner.

Doesn’t surprise me just intriguing. I see the same thing in shotguns. I personally love the way old Winchester 97s fit and shoot but most the time if a buddy shoots one of mine you’d think I handed them an elephant gun from their reaction. I will say my boat paddle m77 in 243 is a mule kicking bastard for what it is.

Either different strokes for different folks. I’d love to add a few more colts or Nula style rifles to the herd when budgets allow.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Just sayin'

Hint.

Keep whistling, Young Lady. Eventually, you might get there.

She can whip her weight in Woverines and you sound like a rugged bunch of "hard chargers",for sure. Hint.

Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,129
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.