Hop To
#18649812 08/07/23
J
JD7 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Hey haven’t shot the gun in awhile and decided to get it out and shoot it this weekend. It was one of the first semi auto pistols I ever bought and it’s been flawless but as I went to clean it up I noticed this ring around the end of the barrel. Could have been there before and I just don’t remember it. Looks like it’s being caused by the barrel bushing. Just wondering if this is normal wear for a 1911 barrel or not

Attached Images
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not normal, the gun is no longer shootable.
Send it to me and I’ll see that it’s properly disposed of.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JD7
Hey haven’t shot the gun in awhile and decided to get it out and shoot it this weekend. It was one of the first semi auto pistols I ever bought and it’s been flawless but as I went to clean it up I noticed this ring around the end of the barrel. Could have been there before and I just don’t remember it. Looks like it’s being caused by the barrel bushing. Just wondering if this is normal wear for a 1911 barrel or not
Too blurry to really get a sense of what we're looking at. Could just be friction from a very snug bushing.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Not normal, the gun is no longer shootable.
Send it to me and I’ll see that it’s properly disposed of.

Well hell, looks like Heinie sold me a bad barrel and bushing.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JD7

It's normal and used to be referred to as the match barrel profile. If you put a mic on it, it will measure 0.580" at the muzzle and roughly 0.575" behind. Its purpose is to allow a very snug barrel to bushing fit while allowing room for the barrel to 'link down' without binding, as the pistol cycles.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B2

J
JD7 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by JD7

It's normal and used to be referred to as the match barrel profile. If you put a mic on it, it will measure 0.580" at the muzzle and roughly 0.575" behind. Its purpose is to allow a very snug barrel to bushing fit while allowing room for the barrel to 'link down' without binding, as the pistol cycles.

Just through a mic on it spot on man thanks a lot guess it was always this way and I just forgot

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah, what Sarge said. All it shows is that you've got a reasonably snug bushing. Just like it ought to be.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You're welcome JD.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by JD7

Wish I'd thought of that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

491 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 21, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,379
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.