Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My last two sets of michelins dryrotted before they needed replacing, rode great, and did pretty dang good off road, but not gonna buy them again until that is addressed. Never had that issue with other brands. The new ltx ats almost look like highway tires

My 2020 came with duratracs, they slip and slide everywhere, and are very loud once you get over 50.

Last two sets I have bought were toyo open country at3, loved them but I'm about to give the falken wild peaks a try, a little more warranty, a little more thread, and I've heard good things. I remember when you could get a set of good AT tires for 1k, not anymore, those days are gone.

Last edited by killerv; 08/08/23.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have the same truck as the OP and also need tires. Will probably go with Nokians again. Good enough and $1000 out the door. Good for about 40K.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Made the cooper mistake they were horrible noisy salesman at discount tire talked me into them
They were great for 10k or so then they went to howling
They made it right and replaced them with good years cost me something but not much
Mischlin is my favorite tire expensive up front but will outlast them all making them really the best value

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Mischlin owns bf Goodrich so when I need an off-road tire the ko2 has the Mischlin silica in them and serve pretty well
I’m running them on my k5 and wife’s 4 runner and a farm truck.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Mischlin owns bf Goodrich so when I need an off-road tire the ko2 has the Mischlin silica in them and serve pretty well

That's what I'm running.

Great tires after taking off the POS Coopers. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco

That's what I'm running.

Great tires after taking off the POS Coopers. frown

KO2 have been discontinued, replaced with the K03. I ordered up a set today to replace a set of KO2 with too many miles on em.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Michelin is my choice. I tried several others on my 2001 Tundra, and they were the best hands down when it came to ride and wear.

Last edited by reivertom; 08/16/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At 85,000 miles the OEM Hankook Dynapro HT tires on my Nissan Frontier were down to 5/32.(70,000 mile warranty).

Quiet tires. All highway miles, no towing. One flat at 40,000 miles, sheet metal screw, fixed cheap at local Tex-Mex tire shop no problem.

One began to sound like it was getting out of round last week so I just switched them out for the same again. $165 per tire plus mounting at a national tire chain.

The Dynapro HT tire just went out of production. Hankook replaced it with a Dynapro AT tire, also a 70,000 mile rated highway tire, $145 at that same place.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On my 2000 Tundra the Michelin LTX AT2 tires are extremely quiet. Replaced the fronts with Cooper and they are not up to Michelin standards.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Last Saturday I drove my F350 home using a 20 year old virgin spare tire.

Pull up to the hayfield, get out and hear a noise, take a look and see the right front tire losing about 10lbs per minute. She was going down quick. Started the air compressor and got her back up so I could insert my hydraulic jack. POS 3 year old jack didn't work, it's been continually chitty and I forgot to buy a new one.

Anyway I had to use the factory issued jack, it's either the first or second time for that item. It worked.

Then I had to lower the spare tire. It was a Michelin(!) but it did have some cracks on the sidewall. Dry rot,,,,nah it was okay, just drove the 20 miles home about 20 mph slower.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pal
On my 2000 Tundra the Michelin LTX AT2 tires are extremely quiet. Replaced the fronts with Cooper and they are not up to Michelin standards.
I had a couple sets of Cooper, and after a while they rode like they were square and did the shimmy....I thought it was just my truck. I had to get them balanced several times. I didn't know any better until I got some Michelin Defenders.

Last edited by reivertom; 08/16/23.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Well as much as I been busted on here about running wally world Goodyear wranglers AT,s.
They have a good aggressive tread.
Shed mud well.
Gravel and small rocks.
Pick them out with a screwdriver at the house.
Ain't never experienced hydroplaning with em.
Usually blow by the fearful in heavy rain.
Quiet on the Highway, but I'm also pretty hard of hearing.
But I can hear Slumlord talking to me on Ph or in person.
So they can't be that loud I geuss.
Ain't had no wobble ride or out of balance issues with em.

All I can say is I can get 50 55k outta em.
And ain't never got stuck yet in places I go.
Red and Grey clay stuff
Rock ledge areas
Forrest floors and the dredded frozen leaf cover on wet slick ground under them.
Ran em on 4wd rangers
Got em on my little POS 4wd Colorado.
And honestly that little POS Colorado is shorter wheel base than any ranger I have had and is able to go into alot more tight and knarly areas.
Seems to have more power in 1st and 2nd gear hi and low on hills and holds well on side slopes also.

I could try other aggressive AT tire brands at waaay higher prices but how much would I actually gain use wise over 160 165 bucks a tire I paid for these.

Tires are like just about everything else.
Personal preference and what works for you.

I'm gonna go start a oil change thread.
👍🏻🤣🤦‍♂️🤣👍🏻

Last edited by renegade50; 08/16/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I run BFG AT’s and they last a long time, stay in balance and round, have the traction-device snowflake, and are tough. But the OP wants highway tires for his truck.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Tires are like just about everything else.
Personal preference and what works for you.

I'm gonna go start a oil change thread.
👍🏻🤣🤦‍♂️🤣👍🏻

Damn right brother!

FWIW I have yet to find(buy) a chitty tire or bad engine oil.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow, lucky you. I’ve had bad tires.

Not sure how’s you’d even know for sure you had bad engine oil, unless I suppose you get samples tested. I just run Mobile One in everything from lawnmowers on up and sleep well at night.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I have Michelin Defender LTX on my F250 and will continue buying the same. For my Toyota 4runner, I'm on my 3rd set of Yokohama Geolander and have been very happy with them.

How do your LTX's do in the mud?

I’ve had several sets of Defenders. Great highway tires. You don’t need mud to get them stuck. Dew on the grass will do it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
General at grabbers

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I've got general grabbers on my 1500, they were on when I bought it. They seem fine. For the last 9 years before I ran Hancooks, Got incredible mileage out of them. I've onlr put 28000 on the generals and bought the pickup with 27000 miles on so have no idea of what the tires have on them. Wear so far has been minimal.

MOLON LABE
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Nothing but bad experiences with Continental tires on new vehicles. Avoid at all costs.

Always replaced with Michelins & never regretted it.

Buy Michelin and you'll never regret the extra pennies.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by kappa8
Nothing but bad experiences with Continental tires on new vehicles. Avoid at all costs.

Always replaced with Michelins & never regretted it.

Buy Michelin and you'll never regret the extra pennies.

+1

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (22250rem, 12savage, 1badf350, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 43 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,292
Posts18,505,267
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.