-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 121 of 257 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 256 257
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
so far, I agree with Ken Berry about everything he says on youtube.

Peter Attia in his book OUTLIVE
https://www.amazon.com/Outlive-Longevity-Peter-Attia-MD/dp/0593236599

Says he hates diet talk, because once you cut out processed foods and sugar, there is no proof one diet is better than another..... but there are lots of opinions.

He does love exercise talk, became there is proof that for most people, more is better.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

White Peach Crisp with Bourbon Plumped Raisins, Pine Nuts, Bourbon Whipped Cream

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Carbohydrate free

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Totally Keto.

Main ingredients are peach flavored bacon fat and bourbon

I’ll shoot you the recipe

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by RHClark
. Just imagine how great the thread would read if you simply didn't see all the [bleep]

Your charlatan claims of weight loss without controlled calories
and prayers curing cancer, are what made your thread junk.

How does Fasting... not reduce Calories?

How does eating reduced calorie low-starch Keto (< 20 g./day)...not reduce Calories?

You conveniently forget Clark claims he can
"eat as much as he wants" and still lose weight.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't make the mistake of thinking you can eat junk as long as you burn it off and don't get fat from it. Our bodies have to be repaired and renewed by the fuel we put in. If we don't get enough good nutrition or too much junk nutrition, there will be consequences.

If cancer can be cured through prayers as you promote,
why didn't you use prayers to solve the your obesity or
prayers to repair the body after sugar consumption?

Basically, if you can perform miracles through prayer
why the need to bother with science/good nutrition?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Starman
If cancer can be cured through prayers as you promote,
why didn't you use prayers to solve the your obesity or
prayers to repair the body after sugar consumption?

Basically, if you can perform miracles through prayer
why the need to bother with science/good nutrition?

Please...stop baiting the idiots.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
8 years ago the wife and I went low carb and each lost 40 pounds.

We watch health related youtube videos every night while eating nuts and berries for dessert.

I feel like I am in a meat eating religion and will soon be handing out leaflets on the street corner.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-sugar-per-day#safe-amounts

"According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are:

Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons)
Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons)
To put that into perspective, one 12-ounce (355-mL) can of Coke contains 140 calories from sugar, while a regular-sized Snickers bar contains 120 calories from sugar.

In contrast, the US dietary guidelines advise people to limit their intake to less than 10% of their daily calorie intake. For a person eating 2,000 calories per day, this would equal 50 grams of sugar, or about 12.5 teaspoons .

If you’re healthy and active, these are reasonable recommendations. You’ll probably burn off these small amounts of sugar without them causing you any harm."

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Using common sense, eating some sugar in high activity, it's just another fuel.

I guarantee those 8 million old humans sought out every sugar source they could and preferred it over any other.

As with anything moderation and application is common sense.

Kent

IC B3

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by krp
Using common sense, eating some sugar in high activity, it's just another fuel.

I guarantee those 8 million old humans sought out every sugar source they could and preferred it over any other.

As with anything moderation and application is common sense.

Kent
Do you think most Americans eat more or less than your recommended 12.5 teaspoons a day?

Do you think only the fat people eat more than 12.5 teaspoons a day?

The truth is that those recommendations are highly influenced by the food industry. If you doubt that then read the McGovern Reports.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I think activity burns the calories, if your muscles are burning and your breathing is hard those calories are being depleted quickly.

There's a balance in the cell molecular composition... 70% water and the rest organic molecules.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK9879/

Kent

Last edited by krp; 08/08/23.
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by krp
I think activity burns the calories, if your muscles are burning and your breathing is hard those calories are being depleted quickly.

There's a balance in the cell molecular composition... 70% water and the rest organic molecules.

Kent

Do you also think that more than 12.5 teaspoons of sugar are perfectly fine as long as that activity is burning it off? In other words, eat as much sugar as you need as long as you are active enough that it doesn't make you fat.

Not a gotcha question.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I believe sunshine may cause skin cancer and on some level an hour of sun exposes you to that.

I know fish contains mercury and eating it exposes you to that.

But there is no reason to get fanatical in the normal lifespan of a human.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Do you also think that more than 12.5 teaspoons of sugar are perfectly fine as long as that activity is burning it off? In other words, eat as much sugar as you need as long as you are active enough that it doesn't make you fat.

Not a gotcha question.

Sure, at a level common with any food. The problem with sugar and inactivity is on the cellular level, it has to get there and stay there.

Kent

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by krp
I believe sunshine may cause skin cancer and on some level an hour of sun exposes you to that.

Kent

Do you think that an overweight person would be better off avoiding sugar altogether in order to lose weight?

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Not a gotcha question.

Sure, at a level common with any food. The problem with sugar and inactivity is on the cellular level, it has to get there and stay there.

Kent

There's a lot more problems associated with increased sugar intake than just weight gain.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Do you think that an overweight person would be better off avoiding sugar altogether in order to lose weight?

Sure at the extreme and theoreticaly, until they aren't overweight again, hopefully they learned something.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Not a gotcha question.

Kent

There's a lot more problems associated with increased sugar intake than just weight gain.

Not in real world application if it's burned off at the time. Theory goes back to sun and fish.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Refined sugar in real world application means concentrated, they've removed the bulk. But it still has a calorie number. If the average person with average activity should only have 10% of their daily diet as sugars, at 2000 calories that's 200 of sugar, that's more than a candy bar or soda.

If you are much more active those numbers change because the daily calories change.

If you are overweight those numbers change and your daily calories should change.

Kent

Page 121 of 257 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 256 257

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, akpls, AKislander, Akhutr, 11 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,547
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.