Hop To
Page 69 of 91 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 90 91
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
So your loving god made people knowing that the majority would fail - what an [bleep] - setup for failure from the start. If he/she/it really cared, there wouldn't be a gate or fence would there. With such a flawed story, it's no wonder less people are caring for it. No-one wants to be a self righteous wanker.

Imagine that a young man and a young woman want to get married. They love each other dearly, and part of their desire is to have children with whom they can share their love. They realize that those children, being human, will someday make mistakes and possibly even turn on their parents. Yet, does this awareness hold the man and woman back from getting married and having children? Probably not. Their love, in a sense, is so powerful that they are willing to take the chance of bringing children into the world, even if the kids turn out far from perfect."

Edward McIlmail, LC

Difference being that the couple wouldn't be willing to lock their children in the garage and set them on fire for not believing an extraordinary claim that they had no evidence for - or would they?

https://www.9news.com.au/national/q...ays/5d6adf34-27b4-4a83-878f-40a5317ff185

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RayFail

Heh…….heh heh…..ha ha ha…..HA HA HA HA HA HA….

Wikipedia?!?!

The champions of “Science” use Wikipedia as a reference?!?!

Hold on. What’s next? DBT backing you up with an excerpt from the Urban Dictionary. LMAO!!! Now I know why you two avoid science-based threads.

You had me there. For a while, I thought you were serious about the stuff you were posting. As it turns out, you’re just cut and pasting any drivel you can find on the interwebs to get a rise.

Wikipedia. LOL. Y’all are hilarious.

#24hourcampfireatheistclownshow.

You believe that everything in the bible is true, and appoint yourself as a judge of "real" science. LOL!!!

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by RayF
Originally Posted by Isurrenderedmymauserand9mm
I guess that's why people are waking up and leaving Christianity in their droves.
More “Facts”? LOL. Thanks, Wolf Blitzer. I’m sure those numbers are rock solid. grin

Read and weep (or pray):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_Christianity_in_the_Western_world

Even your buddies are waking up now. It might just end up with you and the other goat herders.

Another fail from you…. Apparently you do not understand that there is ….no popularity contest here.

Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

By you own statement, you are now choosing to take the “broad road.”

So your loving god made people knowing that the majority would fail - what an asshole - setup for failure from the start. If he/she/it really cared, there wouldn't be a gate or fence would there. With such a flawed story, it's no wonder less people are caring for it. No-one wants to be a self righteous wanker.

Wow…. Another fail….. YOU have announced that YOU would …..CHOOSE…. To be separate from God, even if YOU knew Christianity was true.

Seems that you will have plenty of company on that broad road.

Your silly opinions wherein you express your disgust with God simply prove that you indeed have choosen “not God.”

Meh….

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I guess that's why people are waking up and leaving Christianity in their droves.
More “Facts”? LOL. Thanks, Wolf Blitzer. I’m sure those numbers are rock solid. grin

Read and weep (or pray):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_Christianity_in_the_Western_world

Even your buddies are waking up now. It might just end up with you and the other goat herders.

Another fail from you…. Apparently you do not understand that there is ….no popularity contest here.

Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

By you own statement, you are now choosing to take the “broad road.”

So your loving god made people knowing that the majority would fail - what an asshole - setup for failure from the start. If he/she/it really cared, there wouldn't be a gate or fence would there. With such a flawed story, it's no wonder less people are caring for it. No-one wants to be a self righteous wanker.

Wow…. Another fail….. YOU have announced that YOU would …..CHOOSE…. To be separate from God, even if YOU knew Christianity was true.

Seems that you will have plenty of company on that broad road.

Your silly opinions wherein you express your disgust with God simply prove that you indeed have choosen “not God.”

Meh….

Of course. You ever read your bible? Your god is made out to be a total prick. If you want to be his eternal ass-kisser, power to you bro. I have too much respect for what's right and moral to go down that path.

It shows the level of depravity you're willing to accept, and bow down to, out of fear of an imaginary being and the well-being of your imaginary soul.

Well?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
So your loving god made people knowing that the majority would fail - what an [bleep] - setup for failure from the start. If he/she/it really cared, there wouldn't be a gate or fence would there. With such a flawed story, it's no wonder less people are caring for it. No-one wants to be a self righteous wanker.

Imagine that a young man and a young woman want to get married. They love each other dearly, and part of their desire is to have children with whom they can share their love. They realize that those children, being human, will someday make mistakes and possibly even turn on their parents. Yet, does this awareness hold the man and woman back from getting married and having children? Probably not. Their love, in a sense, is so powerful that they are willing to take the chance of bringing children into the world, even if the kids turn out far from perfect."

Edward McIlmail, LC

Difference being that the couple wouldn't be willing to lock their children in the garage and set them on fire for not believing an extraordinary claim that they had no evidence for - or would they?

That is horrific.... Demons/satanists/atheist are trying to dominate the world....it is a great battle between good and evil...are you a demon? seems like you demons are getting stronger...

Illegitimi non carborundum

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Prayer To Rid The Demons:

Heavenly Father, we trust in your plan for us, but we need your help. we pray that you will end our torment and get rid of the demons on this board. Your mighty power can overcome any demon and we pray that you will watch over us and protect us from the demon’s wicked thoughts and tempting ways.

We are afraid that these demons will try to lead us down a path of evil sin. I wish we had the strength to fight these demons ourselves, but may not be able to do it without you and your wisdom. We take comfort in knowing that you are always watching over us and protecting us from harm.

Please, God, rid these demons from this board so that we may continue to walk the path you have laid out for us.
In the name of Jesus Christ.
Amen.

Illegitimi non carborundum

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Edward McIlmail, LC

That is horrific.... Demons/satanists/atheist are trying to dominate the world....it is a great battle between good and evil...are you a demon? seems like you demons are getting stronger...

It was Christians in that article who killed their child due to their batshitery.

Well?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
RE: A Question on prayer?

Take it to the Lord in prayer, not so much the Campfire.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DBT - that lengthy rash of illogical blather about "contradictions" amounts to zero because of what you are trying to do with that falsity - which is deflect the oft shown hard proof of your manipulation and deceit in this and other threads. Nothing here can save you from the failure you have demonstrated yourself to be. The record of facts and proof are all back there, for all to see.

You further degrade yourself by claiming that I have been defending my faith. You cannot provide a single citation or quote to that end - another failure.

What I have been doing is analyzing what you state and highlighting hard evidence the many manipulations, deceits and false statements you post. That has become afactual record proving your bad behavior. Just strong logic at work.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of the thousands of Christian denominations, you know you found the gate, but only because you say so. LOL!!!
This doesn’t even make sense. Who said only one denomination walks the narrow road? Who claimed their denomination is that one denomination? Who mentioned denominations? Who mentioned a gate?

Hard to stay on point when your point is pointless, eh mauserless?

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was Christians in that article who killed their child due to their batshitery.

Well look at Xtian ideology/history:

They believe pagan style ritual human blood sacrifice
of Jesus brings them eternal life.

They believed in burning witches

They believed in burning heretics.

Last but not least, They still threaten
non-believers with punitive burning in hell.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Of course. You ever read your bible?
Every day.

Your god is made out to be a total prick.
If by “Prick”, you mean Creator of life that promises to render judgement to all, we’re in agreement. Life is short. You’re about to find out, in a big way.

If you want to be his eternal ass-kisser, power to you bro.
If you really felt this way, you’d have never even opened this thread, much less attacked anyone without provocation. But you did. Communicating your feelings isn’t strongpoint for you, is it.

I have too much respect for what's right and moral to go down that path.
Apparently, self-awareness isn’t a strongpoint of yours, either.

- Socrates
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
False flag operation.

Matthew 24:5-13

“For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake. And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”

- Socrates
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You believe that everything in the bible is true…
Well done….master of the obvious.

….and appoint yourself as a judge of "real" science. LOL!!!
There’s a desperate leap, but okay…lets go down this road.

1. Its not just me. I’m pretty sure any educated, self-respecting atheistic sciencer would cringe at the thought of even remotely considering Wikipedia as a listed reference. Then again, you hardly appear educated and clearly aren’t self-respecting. So there’s that.

2. I/we (“We” being people with fully functioning brains and acknowledge science as a practice that requires an open mind) aren’t the judges. We do, however, acknowledge true peer reviewed science without agenda (i.e. real science).

Face it, the version of science that you 3 stooges present wouldn’t make it 5 posts on a forum with qualified, agnostic scientists. You’d be laughed out of the room. Thats why you cockroaches uninvitedly post on christians threads….on an outdoor forum….with no moderator presence. Who else (except those of us that are forced) would ever listen to you clowns?

Nobody.

- Socrates
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Starman
Well look at Xtian ideology/history:

They believe pagan style ritual human blood sacrifice
of Jesus brings them eternal life.

Pretty sure you have that backwards. Lets just say you knew the contents of the bible, you’d know that “Xtians” believe pagans came after God and man had an established relationship. But you did know that, which makes everything after it disingenuous. But I digress….

What the pagans are mimicking is the original documented sacrificial customs that God established with Cain and Able…and yes, God approved of it. Was it the slaughter of the animals, though? Or was it the heart’s condition when something as prized as food…essentially to life….was sacrificed? There was no currency. What else could be used as a symbol of sacrifice….or humility to the Creator?

They believed in burning witches

They believed in burning heretics.

No…”They” didn’t. Like all offshoots of God’s intent (i.e. “Religions”…with the religion of atheistic science being no different).…people start becoming ritualistic and lose sight of God. There’s not a “Burn the witches and heretics” section in my bible.

Last but not least, They still threaten
non-believers with punitive burning in hell.

Again, no…”They” don’t. The bible did…and still does warn us of hell as (how you put it) a “Punitive” consequence for rebelling against God.

- Socrates
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Hilarious, you have no apparent understanding of the contradiction between a god of love as described in some verses, and a cruel despotic tyrant, a killer, in another set of verses. Logic is not your thing. Not to mention ethics, morality, decency or reason.

No idea. Not a clue.

Again;

''A logical contradiction is the conjunction of a statement S and its denial not-S. In logic, it is a fundamental law- the law of non contradiction- that a statement and its denial cannot both be true at the same time. Here are some simple examples of contradictions.

1. I love you and I don't love you.
2. Butch is married to Barb but Barb is not married to Butch.
3. I know I promised to show up today, but I don't see why I should come if I don't feel like it.
4. The restaurant opens at five o'clock and it begins serving between four and nine.
5. John Lasagna will be a little late for the party. He died yesterday.''

Examples of contradictions in the bible being;

God is Love:
1. 'Love keeps no record of wrongs' and 'I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.'
2. Love does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud and 'the Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea roar; He shall prevail against His enemies"
3. 'Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth' and 'therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.'
4. 'Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres' and 'shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?'
5. Love is patient, love is kind and he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

Therefore;

If Love does not keep records of wrongs, Love cannot punish children for the 'sins of their fathers.

If Love does not delight in evil, Love does not knowingly and deliberately create evil and strife.

If Love always protects, Love does not create evil or 'vessels fitted for destruction

''The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.'' - Psalm 145:9

''While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. 34 They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. 35 And the LORD said to Moses, The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp 36 And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses.'' Numbers 15:32-36:

So we have;

1. The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
2. The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.
3. God is good to all.
4. God was neither good or merciful toward a man gathering sticks on a Sabbath.

A contradiction; S and its denial not-S

God is good to all and his tender mercies are over all his works/God was not good to a man gathering sticks on a Sabbath, showing no mercy had him brutally killed.

LOL. You really like the sound of your own voice, don’t you. I mean, I don’t think I’ve never run a across anybody that uses so many words to provide such little substance. That’s your game, though….isn’t it. Just keep yammering and yammering to impress upon others that you know what you’re talking about, but in reality, you’re just wearing them down until they submit just to get you to shut up. Does that work around your trailer park?

If you really know what you’re talking about, you don’t have go through all of that. Very telling. Please continue.

It must seem easy to whine and cry, point the finger, make accusations in the pretense of making a point when you don't even understand a word that was said, but it just makes you look bad.

Being incapable of addressing the issues that are raised, you whine and wail in denial like a child.

''The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.'' Psalm 145:9

''I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me'' Exodus 20:4

"The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.'' Proverbs 16:4

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Simple Prayer for DBT, Mauser, and starman.

Most Holy Trinity - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - I adore thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifferences whereby He is offended. And through the infinite merits of His Most Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of Thee the conversion of poor sinners.

Or better yet, pick up some reading material on science, philosophy and history that is not creationist propaganda.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
DBT - that lengthy rash of illogical blather about "contradictions" amounts to zero because of what you are trying to do with that falsity - which is deflect the oft shown hard proof of your manipulation and deceit in this and other threads. Nothing here can save you from the failure you have demonstrated yourself to be. The record of facts and proof are all back there, for all to see.

You further degrade yourself by claiming that I have been defending my faith. You cannot provide a single citation or quote to that end - another failure.

What I have been doing is analyzing what you state and highlighting hard evidence the many manipulations, deceits and false statements you post. That has become afactual record proving your bad behavior. Just strong logic at work.

Did you understand a word of it? Apparently not.

Logic is not your thing. Reason is not your thing.

Your preferences lie in myth and magic, which you believe is reality, that this is how the world works, that your God and your theology real and true while anyone who does not subscribe to your brand of faith is wrong.

Do you know what a contradiction is?

A contradiction is where there are two opposing claims, wher both cannot be true. If one is true, the other must be false, or both are false, but both cannot be true.

Now if your God is Love, and love seeks to not only cause harm, but prevent it from happening, then this God cannot deliberately create Evil.

Yet we are told in the very same book;

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

"The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.'' Proverbs 16:4

Problem of Evil: "If I could stop a man from raping a child, I would. That's the difference between me and your god." Tracie Harris

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Why does someone who doesn't pray engage in a thread about prayer?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Perhaps to question and discuss the efficacy of prayer?.....or is everyone supposed to nod their heads in unison like children in a kindergarten class that teaches faith?

Page 69 of 91 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 90 91

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,858 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.